Three Weeks to Marriage

Three Weeks Marriage - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Mar, 2006 - 8:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Can a teenage girl know who she wants to marry in three weeks? What do you think? Is this madness?
Three Weeks to Marriage Related Information to Three Weeks to Marriage
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2003 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Three Weeks to Marriage
A Friend

Three Weeks to Marriage

Is 3 weeks too soon?

My friend told me today that she is engaged!

I was kind of like "um... ok... you are joking right?!"

But no...she was being 100% serious. I just wanted to get different peoples views on this. She is 17, he is 21... and they have been dating for 3 weeks... and last week they broke up for 2 days because he cheated on her...

I kind of think their relationship is..okay... but in my opinion 3 weeks isn't much time to get to know each other very well and get engaged. I have been with my boy friend now for a few years, and we haven't got engaged. When I had been going out with my partner for 3 weeks I didn't even love him... It was just lust! But everyone is different and I didn't want to say anything to her except congrats! But... I don't think it's a good idea really. She was heartbroken when he cheated on her... once a cheater, always a cheater...but I don't know...

Comments...?

Sponsored Links:
18th Apr, 2003 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Weeks Three

LOL...everytime I read something like that from you Xtra, I wonder where do you meet this kind of people? lol I'm not trying to be mean, but it's just so difficult to understand how they think and act. It's so immature, and it's not a matter of age but a matter of life experiences, family, and self-esteem.
You asked if 6 weeks is too soon but it's NOT a matter of time but a matter of the environment of the whole thing. He cheated on her and now he wants to marry her? He's just playing around because maybe she didn't want to forgive him for what he did and then the nice idea of the 'ring' came to his mind. She must be really silly (and I'm being nice) to believe that he's serious. She really don't have self-esteem at all!. He's older than her which it will tell me that he had experienced things she didn't yet and he's taking full advantage of that. But that's NOT his fault because he's a cheater and as you well mentioned he will always be...but it's HER fault for allowing him to do the things he's doing and doing nothing about it.
Now, you said you didn't tell her anything expect congrats...if she's really your friend you should share your concerns and care for her because if she really marries the guy and the whole thing doesn't work you will feel terrible thinking you could talk to her and tell her about it...
A true friend tell the truth, share the love and concern for the other friend. A true friend don't smile when she doesn't feel to or congratule if she doesn't feel comfortable. But because she cares about her friend she does the things to help her out. smile.gif
The whole idea is totally crazy Xtra, even more when the guy is a cheater...somebody needs to stop her before is too late.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2003 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Three Weeks to Marriage
A Friend

Three Weeks to Marriage Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

You asked if 6 weeks is too soon but it's NOT a matter of time but a matter of the environment of the whole thing. .

Oops sorry i ment to say 3 weeks..  Anyways , I didn't want to hurt her feelings and didn;t feel that it was really any of my business, but it does see, sorta silly!! hehehe!

I dunno whether to say anything to her...maybe i'll just leave it, and be there for her if he cheats again. In my eyes...once a cheater, always a cheater. But I do believe in second chances!

Also another thing that kinda annoys me about her fella is that he doesn't like any of her friends including myself ... At least my bf tries to get along with my friends, no matter whether he likes them or not, and he is always pleasant to them, also he knows that my friends are really important to me.  Her bf makes a point of embarrassing us all, and saying how much he thinks such and such is ugly, such and such has horrible hair etc...and in front of us, to our faces. I don;t have any idea what he says behind our backs!!

Maybe she will come to her senses when she tell everyone and they all ditch her..because I know that's what they'll do. Her bf upsets us all too much, and we don;t really want to be hanging round him!!

But I just decided i'm not gonna ditch her and i;m gonna be there for her no matter what happens and no matter how much her bf insults me...I can rise above it..i'm waaay better than that :-)

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2003 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Three Weeks to Marriage
A Friend

Marriage Weeks Three

No offence to your friend but I think that's absolutely ridiculous. If I had gotten engaged to someone I'd been seeing for 3 weeks my friends and family would have just laughed at me and told me to grow up. Sorry but I'm just being honest smile.gif.

21st Apr, 2003 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Weeks Three

veryloudsygirl, I agree with you in this one. But like I said in my earlier post I don't think it's a matter of time but a matter of maturity and the circumnstances of this engagement. He cheated on her and now they're getting married? *shaking head*

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2003 - 7:00am / Post ID: #

Three Weeks to Marriage
A Friend

Three Weeks to Marriage

Me personally, I would require more than three weeks, but I believe it would be possible to know by then. If you find a soulmate then I suppose you just know you want to spend the rest of your life with them. With the whole cheating thing, that's another story. I believe that if they cheated once, there is not enough self control not to do it agian. It could turn into a vicious cycle. I would never cheat on anyone, especially if I was thinking of marrying them! I would take that as a warning sign that this may not work.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2003 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Three Weeks to Marriage
A Friend

Three Weeks Marriage

3 weeks is too soon how can one make a life decision like that after just 3 weeks also you should cosider all the possibilities after trying out other people see if you still like the person.

Post Date: 5th Mar, 2006 - 8:09am / Post ID: #

Three Weeks to Marriage
A Friend

Three Weeks Marriage Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

3 weeks? Thats ridiculous...I think at least a year is appropriate or even longer. My parents knew eachother for 8 months before they got engaged and got married shortly after that...and if he cheated on her. Why is she marrying him? Crazy world we live in.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Three Weeks to Marriage

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,