TheaRamsay Introduction

Thearamsay Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 1st Jun, 2010 - 3:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

TheaRamsay Introduction
A Friend

TheaRamsay Introduction

Hi. I heard a National Geographic documentary about prostitution, part of it showcasing the plight of a Bangladeshi girl named Maya, who was sold as a prostitute when she was ten. According to the documentary, the religion of the society says that once a girl is a prostitute, even if it isn't their fault, they are impure and tainted. Does anyone know, are their missionaries to Dilatdea, to tell them about God's love, and about Jesus dying on the cross for them, and how they can be and feel pure in him, even if they have to stay in that awful place?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Introduction TheaRamsay

Welcome to this International Community!

Please place a proper Introduction where you tell us a little about you and your reason for joining.

It is good that you were willing to join us here, we hope that you will become an ACTIVE vibrant constructive poster. You may like to take a minute to update your profile by clicking on 'My Controls' near the top right of this page and clicking on any 'Edit' link. Please do begin participating by sharing your views on the many Topics covered within this International Community.

If you ever have questions about features in the Community please do ask here, your Introduction Thread by pressing the [Reply] button.

For Your Information: Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Constructive Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 6:59am / Post ID: #

TheaRamsay Introduction
A Friend

TheaRamsay Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi. My name is Thea. I am totally blind, and have a few other things mentioned in the list box, such as anxiety disorder and depression. I came across this site because I was searching for more information about an issue I heard about on a National Geographic documentary. I read some posts on it, but when I joined, those posts seemed to disappear. I use a synthetic speech screenreader, and find the site a bit difficult to navigate, so far. Have to quit writing now, as I'm having pain in my hands and wrists from writing and navigating around.

Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,036
Flag Posts: 51,693
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,593.68 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction TheaRamsay

Welcome to the Community. I will like to inform you of some things:

1. The main site was not made with the visually impaired in mind. Additionally, it is a very large site so there are many links and places to go. If you do not know where you got the original content then you may be lost at first, should you need help you always ask within here - your Intro Thread. There is a text version of our site that may be easier for you to use. Try it here: Source 3

2. I merged the new Introduction you started with the old one. It is only necessary to start one Introduction in this Board and update it from here on with your questions or things you will like to share with us.

3. Now with regards to your original request concerning the National Geographic documentary the Thread for that is contained here: Source 9 Now please note. We have a Religious section where Religious ideals are kept. The Thread you are located in is within a Culture Board so Religious references should not be made.

4. This is an International Community so not everyone believes or thinks in the same way therefore there is a strict rule of order to preserve Constructive Discussion. For instance someone who is Muslim may want to read something without a constant reference to the Bible and vice versa. If you are unsure about anything I will once again advise you to ask questions here and help will be provided.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2010 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

TheaRamsay Introduction
A Friend

Introduction TheaRamsay

Thanks for your help. I'm keeping this brief, due to other health reasons than blindness. Because of pain, I am unable to use my hands too much. Can I make the text version of this site my default in my control panel?

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2010 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,036
Flag Posts: 51,693
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,593.68 FP
Charm: 394

TheaRamsay Introduction

Sorry about your medical difficulties.

The Text version is considered separate to this site although it pulls the same content, therefore you will need to Bookmark it in your browser. I take it that you viewed the Text Version and it has worked better for you? If so, when you read a Thread in the Text version you will like to respond to then use the link to view the Full Version and then Reply.

Have you thought about voice recognition software to ease up your fingers? This software can do the typing for you as you speak. It also finds the buttons on a web page.

Let me know any other way I can help. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2010 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.0%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

TheaRamsay Introduction

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your time in our community. Sorry to hear about your medical difficulties. Looking forward to your participation.
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2010 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

TheaRamsay Introduction
A Friend

TheaRamsay Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Thanks. I'm not sure my husband wants to spend the money on dictation software. He doesn't think it can do very much. Well, at least I can get to a link quickly. I'd actually like to figure out how to edit my profile and add things like 'status' and those other things my screenreader speaks when you type a reply.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: TheaRamsay Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,