Bad Hosting Support

Bad Hosting Support - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 27th Sep, 2010 - 4:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Share your experience here
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2006 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Bad Hosting Support

Bad Hosting Support

Have you had support tickets go unanswered or a rude Email in reply to your question? Tell us about your Bad Hosting Support here.

Sponsored Links:
16th Oct, 2006 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Support Hosting Bad

The worst kind you get is no response. Even if they give you a crappy response at least they are communicating, but no response has to be the worst you can get. I have had support tickets go unanswered for days or even not answered at all until I send in a second or third one.

30th Oct, 2006 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Bad Hosting Support Gaming Video & Issues Computer

One of the worst things you can have is Support that does not know how to write Emails. Just imagine someone writing to you as though you are an ignorant fool when in fact they are only showing their true colors.

As an example, and a recent one at that: Someone from the Community (now deleted - a non-poster) decides that he does not like receiving our newsletters, so instead of deleting his account (or even contacting me about deleting it) he instead traces the newsletter's origin (the person knows what they are doing) to get to the source; the host. He then writes the host accusing me of spamming. The host then decides to attack me by saying they will disconnect my server if I do not reply in 24 hours.

So I sit there thinking, what if I could not respond in 24 hours? I mean lots of things could happen in 24 hours right? No, someone from a free email account writes to them and so they send me a threatening Email because they are believers. What is more is they call this Email that they send a 'standard Email'. It is a wonder that a support team will go around threatening their clients with disconnection just because someone using a free based Email account complains!

This story is longer and I could show you the correspondence to see how ridiculous it is, but I will refrain from doing so, at least for now (let's see how this all pans out). Right now I am asking them if I will have to go through a series of Email correspondence for every wise crack that says I am spamming them. I understand the need to followup on a complaint, BUT your first resource should not be to tell your client you are going to delete them! I guess they value more what hotmail customers have to say rolleyes.gif.

30th Oct, 2006 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Support Hosting Bad

Wow, what the host was supposed to do as your provider is share with you this e-mail that the person sent and ask you what's going on but not accused you of anything without any proof! Plus, what is that 24 hs, is this the Police or a host? rolleyes.gif YOU are the client here, the one putting the cash! They are behaving like the person who wrote the e-mail is the client! Ridiculous. If I was you, I would demand an apology and reimbursement for whatever I am paying on the grounds of psychological distress and time wasting, I would also re-consider continuing my business relationship with them. They sound dangerous.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 30th Oct, 2006 - 6:50pm

30th Oct, 2006 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Support Hosting Bad

QUOTE (LDS_forever)
Plus, what is that 24 hs, is this the Police or a host? rolleyes.gif.gif YOU are the client here, the one putting the cash!

This exactly what I am saying, in fact they do not realize how silly they sound. These people obviously do not know how a bad reputation given by one customer can hurt their ability to get future clients. This is what happens when you get geeks to handle something that a sales person or at least a person with some kind of PR background to do. You see, they are writing already assuming you are in the wrong, but they have nothing to lose because if you leave their services it does not affect them directly - or does it? One has to wonder if there is an upper level management that reads how their support teams handles these issues and cares about the client rather than what anonymous people say about the client.

30th Oct, 2006 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Bad Hosting Support

You could find out the name of a manager or someone up and call them and complain! Don't let it pass. You see, if the reaction is like the one you got in such a silly matter, you have to wonder how they would react in the future in more serious issues. You want your host to be your friend, not your enemy. rolleyes.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Oct, 2006 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Bad Hosting Support

They have responded in the most basic matter as they usually do, because as we all know, whatever a Host does is correct right - WRONG?

I have already asked for that information, and provided or not I will research the matter - this is the day and age of the internet, such matters must be resolved one way or the other!

27th Sep, 2010 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Bad Hosting Support Computer Issues & Video Gaming

The worst is the no reply for a long time. Sometimes you have critical issues and just can't wait until they get off their butts to answer. A typical response to a critical support ticket should come within an hour tops.

> TOPIC: Bad Hosting Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,