Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 3 of 17

GEN X-BOX PAY FOR PLAY Educationists have - Page 3 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 2nd Apr, 2006 - 11:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (17) »

?
Poll: Are you addicted to games to the point that you need help?
  Yes       19.30%
  No       61.40%
  I am not sure       19.30%
Total Votes: 57
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There must be a point and time when you can put down the joystick and paddles and hit the off button, if not, you need help.
Overcoming Game Addiction Related Information to Overcoming Game Addiction
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2005 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction
A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 3

Most of the games I play are computer games. Yes I am definitely quite addicted to games. Back when I was in highschool I stayed up pretty much two days straight playing Diablo II with a friend from school. I'm not quite that bad anymore but I still play quite a lot. My current game is Star Wars Galaxies and since I am on the computer most of the day, specially since I haven't started classes yet, I have been playing the game a lot.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2005 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Addiction Game Overcoming

Due a relocation issue I play very few games lately and this period tend to increase because of external reasons. A I do feel the need to play. I think only at the moment when my new computer will have an internet connection and I will start creatin my WOW character. This is not so good for my present active social life and I have to find a reason to convince my new girl friend to let me play when the time comes. Any advices will be welcomed, how do you gamers out there manage to get permission from your better half?

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2005 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Gaming is a serious problem, so you have to have your priorities or suffer the consequences. Like right now, I should be doing math homework, but I'm not. I could mow the grass, which isn't high on the list of priorities so I'm not going to do it. Sometimes I play a game for 3 days straight without doing anything else. However, after I have these addictions, I sometimes don't touch a game or a computer for a week. As for getting permission--don't. haha, when your better half comes in the door, turn off the tv or the screen and throw a book in your lap.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2005 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Addiction Game Overcoming

I like to play games as the next person ad I did answer yes to what you had said but I don't think that I am having a addiction to the games. I use to play games for about 8 hours in the night and yet still had good grades at school. Now I am lucky to get in 3 hours.

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2005 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Addiction Game Overcoming

-I think I'd answer yes to a couple of these questions. Some times I spend all of my money on a video game, but I really depends on how good the game is rated.

-Yes I get very angery when I loose on a video game. I once broke my hand from punching a wall.

-Yes I discuss my games at the dinner table.

As you can see my games are very important to me.

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2005 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I can get very upset when I play a game if I REALLY enjoy it and have difficulties with a part of it, that or the game is very hard and I try at it for an hour or so and still can't do part of it. I don't usually spend my last penny on a game, but I'm still just 16 so it doesn't matter too much yet. I don't generally talk about it at the dinner table or anything, but I will talk about it to friends a lot.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Mar, 2006 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 3

I'm not so sure mine is an addiction in the literal sense.

I have no problem in missing my games for weeks on end, no shakes or widthdrawl symptons.

I have no problems with set times for when I start my Games.

My problem lies with finishing the session, We have agreed that max 90 mins gaming a day is enough.

But realistically, I can get on the Computer/Console and after 5 mins, 3 hours have passed by unnoticed. An when I get downstairs there is a face that could boil blood waiting for me.

I tell her strongly 'You should have called me'

She replies 'I did, 7 times'

I slink off to the garden for a smoke

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2006 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Overcoming Game Addiction Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 3

GEN X-BOX PAY FOR PLAY

Educationists have sounded a warning about electronic games, saying children immersed in Playstation and X-Box are at greater risk of doing poorly at school.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3624414a28~,00.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (17) »

> TOPIC: Overcoming Game Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,