Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 6 of 17

That reminds me of the time I went to AA and - Page 6 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 7th Mar, 2010 - 5:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (17) »

?
Poll: Are you addicted to games to the point that you need help?
  Yes       19.64%
  No       60.71%
  I am not sure       19.64%
Total Votes: 56
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There must be a point and time when you can put down the joystick and paddles and hit the off button, if not, you need help.
Overcoming Game Addiction Related Information to Overcoming Game Addiction
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2009 - 10:40am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction
A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 6

For me Runescape has got to have been the worst one, I am sure they must have some kind of subliminal messages in their graphics to keep you hooked.

I don't play on there now but 5-6 years ago I once mined coal on there for 6 hours straight.

Luckily for me we had a family holiday and I was forced to go along, then I found after I didnt want to play Runescape anymore.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2009 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Addiction Game Overcoming

I remember playing runescape for long hours at a time. I did enjoy it but I moved on to other games. Right now my slight addiction is Evony and games in facebook.

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2009 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I also wasted hours on facebook, particularly the Social Me application. However it became infested with viruses and people linking their profiles with harmful links.

Since then I have not went on Facebook.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2010 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Addiction Game Overcoming

Hmm... Let me see where I stand.

I have all current consoles (PS3, XBOX360, Wii, NDS, PSP) and pretty competitive desktop for playing games.

I like to go to Gamestop or other major game review websites to read about new releases and new games, and if I am intrigued to any game, I usually buy it within a few days.

But total number of games I possess amount to less than 25 titles. It's because there are not many games that gets my attention.

I am a MMORPG lover, so about 10 of above 25 titles are various MMO for PC (LOTRO, AoC, Aion, Pirates of the Burning Sea, etc)

For the consoles, I only have major titles such as Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid 4...

When I start a game I love (usually a well made RPG) I can stick to it for a couple days... 3 days max. I get bored on any single game after roughly 3 days.

Games repetitive like FPS... I get bored after single day of playing.

But now and then, when I see a title I love I would go out and buy it, hoping to finish it within 3 day patience limit of mine.

For MMO's I usually burn through the first 2 months, and I suspend accounts either to try new one, or just simply got bored.

So, I can't tell whether I am an addict or not. I may be an addict to some point, but I am not really sitting on my concoles/pc for days and nights.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2010 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Addiction Game Overcoming

With me I am very addicted to the Computer. It is hard for me to get off of it. If I could I would play it 24 hours a day.

7th Mar, 2010 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

For me it is the need to master that game that drives me. Wether it be WoW, Starcraft, Fallout, Blue Dragon, on and on. I need to be able to master that game. Once I can grasp its concept and figure out the optimal course of action in it the game no longer keeps me there. I still enjoy playing it and try to reach a higher ability in it though. Though I no longer crave it after I reach the point of saturation.

Meaning once I play the game to point that I think it, dream it, breathe it, I eventually obtain an understanding with it. I know how the game ticks, so to speak. Once I get that I no longer care for the game. I want the next one, the next challenge.

Perhaps that is the true addiction to overcome. Not the game but the desire to beat that game. To play with numbers, skills, and physics in your head. Juggle them until you have the advantage.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2010 - 4:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 6

I've smashed my computer when I lost at chess, stayed up all night playing when I had to work the next day, called in sick to continue playing, and cried when my character died in an ABERMUD. So yes I was addicted. Since rehab I have gotten things in perspective and hopefully approach my gaming with a more reasoned and healthier responses.

7th Mar, 2010 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 6

That reminds me of the time I went to AA and claimed I was addicted to video games. I was practically laughed out of the place. That was almost ten years ago so perhaps people are taking that more seriously now a days.

> TOPIC: Overcoming Game Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,