Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 11 of 17

I don't know Chris, you can like something - Page 11 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 3rd Mar, 2016 - 4:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (17) »

?
Poll: Are you addicted to games to the point that you need help?
  Yes       19.30%
  No       61.40%
  I am not sure       19.30%
Total Votes: 57
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There must be a point and time when you can put down the joystick and paddles and hit the off button, if not, you need help.
Overcoming Game Addiction Related Information to Overcoming Game Addiction
29th Nov, 2014 - 10:28am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 11

I believe the main problem comes from not being able to find a good outlet for stress. Friends can help those addicted by getting them involved in outdoor activities but the irony is the friends of a gamer addict are usually also addicts to games.

Sponsored Links:
29th Jan, 2015 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Game Overcoming

Qiana has a good point. Games are meant to entertain and keep you happy so to speak but when its the only thing that can entertain you then its trouble. Serious addicts tend to be antisocial and let work or studies fall aside like junkies.

9th Feb, 2015 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Sometimes the only way to overcome an addiction is to completely stop and get rid of it. So long as the games are lying around you will not just play a bit you'll be hooked every time.

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2015 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction
A Friend

Page 11 Addiction Game Overcoming

I had a buddy lose his job because he stopped showing up. Apparently he was addicted to WoW. He lost his job, car, and real life friends because of it. It seemed as if he forgot how to be social except through the medium of the internet. When I ran into him, he could barely make eye contact and seemed like he was in a rush - likely just to get home and get back online. Oddest thing I've ever seen, and I grew up with multiple drug/alcohol addicts in the family.

27th Nov, 2015 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Game Overcoming

Luckily I have never been so addicted to gaming that I outright neglected my responsibilities. I used to procrastinate, sometimes quite severally, but never outright neglected it.

8th Jan, 2016 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

The worst part of being addicted to games is not realizing you are addicted so instead of cutting back you keep on playing your usual amount or more because you think you're in control. undecided.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2016 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 11

international QUOTE (JB @ 5-Nov 03, 8:04 PM)
Are you addicted?
...While playing a video game:

1. People are trying to talk to you, but you do not respond
2. You spend your last penny to get a game
3. You must have the latest game at all costs
4. At the dinner table you talk about the games you play
5. You are very mad when you lose a game to the point that you become grumpy or upset

I answered "No" to all of your numbered questions, but I am certainly addicted to a video game.

But, I don't want "Help" with my addiction, I just want to accept it. It doesn't cost much money (The game is free). It doesn't harm me the way drug addictions would - I don't have to play it all the time, I just need to play a few hours a week. I probably would play 12 hours a day if I didn't have lots of things in my life that required me to do other things on a schedule.

Getting therapy to help fight the addiction would probably take just about as much time and it would certainly cost a lot more. I stopped smoking cigarettes, I don't drink as much alcohol, I don't think I want to live a "Vice free" life.

I will hold onto my addiction the way Smeagol held onto "His precious" ring. Once I have no more addictions, I think I shall wither away and die.

3rd Mar, 2016 - 4:42am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 11

I don't know Chris, you can like something a lot without becoming addicted. Addiction is like saying it has some sort of control over you so you can't operate like you normally do. What you're describing sounds like you're very aware of when to switch it off, the addict isn't. Just wait til they bring out those hologram games in the future - there will be loads of addicts then.

> TOPIC: Overcoming Game Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,