Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 13 of 17

Gaming disorder to be treated as a mental - Page 13 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 26th Dec, 2017 - 10:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 

?
Poll: Are you addicted to games to the point that you need help?
  Yes       19.30%
  No       61.40%
  I am not sure       19.30%
Total Votes: 57
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There must be a point and time when you can put down the joystick and paddles and hit the off button, if not, you need help.
Overcoming Game Addiction Related Information to Overcoming Game Addiction
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 8:06am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction
A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 13

I agree. If you can accept it while also keeping it in check by not allowing it to take over you're life, I think it's fine. I had a buddy that lost his job and his friends because he became over-immersed in WoW. He would show up late/not at all to work because his guild was going on raids, or he'd be a no call no show for our PnP gaming night. That's too far. All he had to do was say he didn't want to get together anymore and we would have been fine. Repeatedly flaking out without a heads up when we know your guild sets that stuff up months in advance though is just a jerk move.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Apr, 2017 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Game Overcoming

I believe that addiction is when you cannot function adequately without the games. I've definitely had games that I've spent all day thinking about, even when I'm not playing. That being said, I've never let it affect my sleep and eating cycles. When it gets to that point, the behavior becomes destructive. Games in and of themselves are not dangerous, but when you are no longer getting exercise and spending all hours on the couch, this is a problem. I've had acquaintances lose their jobs because they stopped going to work when a new game came out. THIS is addiction.

22nd May, 2017 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction Gaming Video & Issues Computer

If you want to give up video games then make sure you have an exciting replacement otherwise you'll be back to the video games again no matter how hard you try to stay away from it.

8th Sep, 2017 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 13 Addiction Game Overcoming

Exercising through a sport you love is a good way to pull yourself from an addiction to video games. At least if they are going to play games it will be good to have a game where you have to make most of the physical movements so you are getting in some exercise as well.

13th Oct, 2017 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Game Overcoming

I play 5 to 6 nights a week for 3 to 4 hours but I do this now instead of watching TV or sports.

14th Oct, 2017 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

I like how you use TV to justify the hours you spend playing a game. If that's 3-4 hours for 5 to 6 nights then you play 15 to 24 hours a week or in other words you practically dedicate a day to one whole day gaming per week, yeah you're addicted. tongue.gif.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2017 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 13

Gaming addiction can be defined as an obsession so strong that you sacrifice real life for the thrills of your artificial one. Addictions of any kind follow much the same pattern - loss of interest in anything but getting back to the addiction, lack of common sense when choices are required between the addiction and other things, spending of resources on the addiction to the detriment of life.
A good addiction peddler always knows that they need to keep the addicted person right on the border of these things - never so addicted that they can't live, yet any 'free' resources are always spent on the addiction. This applies to games as much as substances. Gambling uses psychological tricks to keep you hooked, lights, sounds, reward goals, emotional influences, sensuality anything that strokes those parts of your brain that are more instinct (Gotta get MORE!) than logical. Video games use similar effects for the same reasons. An addictive personality/physicality will always have a weakness for their addiction, it takes some serious strength of will sometimes to stop. And sometimes it's always there, nagging and coaxing the user to get back into the addiction.
To overcome any addiction, first you have to realize there is one. Then you have to find a way to wean yourself from it, or at least reduce it to reasonable levels. This can be from distraction or other interests being deliberately put in the spotlight of the addicts life, like sports, creativity, etc. Taking the power of the addiction and turning it into something that actually helps the persons existence. Each person has their own method they need to discover to solve addictions, and it takes time to figure them out.

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2017 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Overcoming Game Addiction Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 13

Gaming disorder to be treated as a mental health condition for the first time. Can playing too many video games be a mental health condition? In some circumstances, the World Health Organization thinks that it can be, New Scientist has learned. Source 6s.

+  « First of 17 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 

> TOPIC: Overcoming Game Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,