Violence & Sex in Games - Page 18 of 23

Manhunt and similar horror games do focus - Page 18 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 10th Dec, 2015 - 3:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (23) »

?
Poll: I think Violence and Sex in video games is...
  Terrible and should be removed       29.82%
  Okay once it is done in good taste       28.07%
  Fine, nothing wrong with it at all       42.11%
Total Votes: 57
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Violence & Sex in Games Is all that violence and sex in video games really necessary to entertain?
29th Nov, 2015 - 7:12am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games - Page 18

True but sadly, in the end, sex sells. I do wish it wasn't so blatant, but it is.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2015 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Games Sex and Violence

*shrug* Even Sims has sex in their games these days. I think it's fine to put relationships and such in games, but some go too far for my taste. Even the newest Fallout Android game has it. What I hate is when parents buy these MA rated games for their kids and then act surprised by what's in the game. The warning is right on the box!

9th Dec, 2015 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Mind you, I don't mind parents buying the kid a MA rated game but they really should do some research as to why it is rated that because like Mortal Kombat is pretty much just because of the violence of it, but games like Leisure Suit Larry is for the sex aspect, it really depends on what the child is more adept at coping with really.

9th Dec, 2015 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 18 Games Sex and Violence

KenGorbutt, I am trying to spin my head around your rationalization that children should be "Coping" with violence and sex. Can you elaborate?

9th Dec, 2015 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Games Sex and Violence

Most people would let there children watch the news correct? Because it is educational or real life events that could impact them. What is mainly in the news any more? Sex and violence, so honestly, yes, children should learn to cope with it. Overall, as long as the parent is willing to sit down with the child and explain to them why things like that are being done the child is, usually, more open to, and able to adapt to, the knowledge they are given.

9th Dec, 2015 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games

I know what Ken is implying but I think using news is a poor example because we are talking entertainment - hours and days of it. While we could explain what is happening in a 3 minute news segment it is hardly a comparison to hours upon hours of morbid acts of mutilation. That must have an impact on a young child's mind!

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2015 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Violence & Sex Games - Page 18

I have never actually seen a game with hours upon hours of morbid acts of mutilation, and I've been gaming since I was 5. Do you have any examples so I can look them up Sober?

10th Dec, 2015 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex Games Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 18

Manhunt and similar horror games do focus on gore, blood and hacking human parts so if you play it for a long time that's all you will see. Arguably are all the games that also put you in combat killing off the enemy in lifelike action though not as bad. I think the main problem is the state of mind of the person before they even begin to play. I play video games and don't leave feel like I should go out and kill anyone or look for blood like a vampire.

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Violence & Sex in Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,