Violence & Sex in Games - Page 22 of 23

The sad thing is the industry is making the - Page 22 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 27th Oct, 2020 - 1:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  18 19 20 21 22 23 

?
Poll: I think Violence and Sex in video games is...
  Terrible and should be removed       29.82%
  Okay once it is done in good taste       28.07%
  Fine, nothing wrong with it at all       42.11%
Total Votes: 57
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Violence & Sex in Games Is all that violence and sex in video games really necessary to entertain?
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2016 - 6:43am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Violence & Sex in Games - Page 22

There is truth to that statement, but I have to ask if you aren't focusing on the wrong things. Video Game companies are simply answering a demand. They make games full of violence and sex because the publlic wants them to do so, not just for the hell of it.

They are also doing so in a manner that gives parents a reasonable chance to edit things for their children (No Sales of "M" games to minors, comprehensive rating system that is easy to understand and clearly marked on the package, etc.).

13th Dec, 2016 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Games Sex and Violence

Maybe this is why retro games are making a comeback. In my day there were no issues with sex or violence just good fun trying to get the high score or solve the mystery.

28th Dec, 2016 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Many such retro games are very fun, such as Undertale and Shovel Knight, as well as Role-playing Game Game Maker games, and many platformers.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 22 Games Sex and Violence

No evidence to support link between violent video games and behavior. Researchers have found no evidence to support the theory that video games make players more violent. Source 7v.

Post Date: 24th Dec, 2018 - 9:50am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Games Sex and Violence

Grew up playing violent and sexually themed video games (Weren't the sole games I played, of course) and had the understanding that what was in a video game was not real life. I do understand that in some cases, children don't know the difference, but get corrected whenever this occurs in real life.

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2019 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Violence & Sex in Games

Violent video games blamed more often for school shootings by white perpetrators. People are more likely to blame violent video games as a cause of school shootings by white perpetrators than by African-American perpetrators, possibly because of racial stereotypes that associate minorities with violent crime, according to new research. Source 8a.

27th Oct, 2020 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex Games - Page 22

The giving characteristics in many games makes it almost impossible to personally get into the game. Yes it might bring your eyes and mind to attention but can you really go around saying that you have a new hobby, or go talk to your parents of the accomplishments you have done? Not really, violence I can see a better opinion on, it kind of gives you the out of body experience of doing something you wouldn't do on your own, and settles the urge to find out in real life. However sex, it is only a trick to gain viewers and or cash, everything is mentally disturbing and I believe that sex in games are more likely to influence the user than violence and often brings personal urges of those influence to do the same to others in the same situation as the game. It is also the fact that they portray the other gender as being easier than that actually are in real life, so its not only a bad thing but it also causes you to be in a disadvantage in your true experience of what you see in videogames.

27th Oct, 2020 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex Games Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 22

The sad thing is the industry is making the video game industry more about adult material when the biggest audience is actually non-adults, they're children.

+  « First of 23 pgs.  18 19 20 21 22 23 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Violence & Sex in Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,