Violence & Sex in Games - Page 7 of 23

QUOTE I found myself wishing that my life - Page 7 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 20th Dec, 2005 - 7:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (23) »

?
Poll: I think Violence and Sex in video games is...
  Terrible and should be removed       29.82%
  Okay once it is done in good taste       28.07%
  Fine, nothing wrong with it at all       42.11%
Total Votes: 57
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Violence & Sex in Games Is all that violence and sex in video games really necessary to entertain?
6th Aug, 2005 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games - Page 7

It is fine to state your view Lyric, but what evidence have you that shows children can distinguish fact from fantasy? Also, what age of children, have you set up a control group? Why are there ratings on movies if children can tell that it is 'only a movie'? I find that most people in this thread are generalizing based on their own upbringing and that they may be able (not proven since some may think it did not affect them) to distinguish reality, but I do not think it is so in every case.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2005 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Games Sex and Violence

DRAWING MINORITIES INTO GAMING

In the popular video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," players assume the lead character of Carl Johnson, a down-on-his-luck criminal who roams city streets, stealing cars and helping gang members knock off rivals in drive-by shootings.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/08/...g.ap/index.html

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2005 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Violence & Sex in Games Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I grew up playing any video game that I wanted. When I reached the ages of 16 to around 23, I found myself wishing that my life were more like a video game. Fortunately, I didn't act on the wishes. But, who's to say that some of the violent crimes we are seeing in our younger people aren't from those same wishes. I still drive down the road to work and think, "Man, what I wouldn't give to drive like I was in a video game right now."

7th Aug, 2005 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Games Sex and Violence

Glenn, thank you for being honest, this is exactly my point, you now have to deal with the effects of your mind absorbing so many hours of video game content. Even though you say you have control over it, why should such material be placed on a 24 hour basis where it is always in the back of our mind ready to spring into action. Believe me I can see from the faces and expressions of young kids just how much they are influenced by these games as they act them out, making the associating sounds, etc.

7th Aug, 2005 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Games Sex and Violence

I'm an RPG fan, so I don't feel the need for these thinks in my games. On the other hand I see why the producers use it: it sells and they will use it as long as it will sell, or as long as they don't find anything else to replace it with (and of course get higher sells).

24th Aug, 2005 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games

Well there you have it folks, people are taking notice, even the professionals:

EDITORIAL: BLAST VIDEO GAME VIOLENCE

In recent research involving the violence in video games, common sense has come out ahead. Again. The American Psychological Association has determined that all the gunplay and gratuitous muggings actually lead to aggressive thoughts and behavior in the children who play them.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...58068%2C00.html

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2005 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Violence & Sex Games - Page 7

JUDGE: GAME OVER FOR ILLINOIS BAN

A federal judge ruled Friday that Illinois' restrictions on the sale of violent and sexually explicit video games to minors are unconstitutional and barred the state from enforcing the law.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/12/...n.ap/index.html

20th Dec, 2005 - 7:14am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex Games Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 7

I found myself wishing that my life were more like a video game

So have I, but I also have found myself wishing life were more like comic books, cartoons, or various movies. But of course I am an intelligent, mature adult in control of my emotions. I won't say they haven't affected me, because thats just arrogant, but I don't go around killing people just for the fun of it.

As far as children are concerned, they are very impressionable, which is why they have nightmares about horror movies, also I blame cartoons for the time my sister chased me around the house with a frying pan back when we were young. Sure, its funny now, but back then it wasn't.

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Violence & Sex in Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,