Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View - Page 16 of 22

QUOTE it does not say that gay marriages or - Page 16 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 4th Jul, 2005 - 9:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 22 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...Latest (22) »
Same Sex Marriage - Religious View Gay Marriage & Religion - As various countries arouns the world legalize same sex marriage how does it affect your religious view point?
Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View Related Information to Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View

NOTE: News [?]

Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View - Page 16

AIRBASE HOSTS 1ST MILITARY GAY WEDDING

Two men were married in the chapel at Nova Scotia's Greenwood airbase in May, in what's being called the Canadian military's first gay wedding.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...edding0614.html

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2005 - 6:49am / Post ID: #

Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View
A Friend

View Religious Marriage Sex - Homosexuality

QUOTE (xtrasweetgirl @ 17-Feb 04, 8:30 PM)

Gay marriage also should be decided upon by each individual church. If a church wants to marry a couple, so be it. If they don't, that is their religion and practices, but should not direct what happens legally and outside of the church.

Why should the churches choose who gets married? after all marriage is not a creation of the church but rather an adaption. If gay people want to get married the church should not have a hand in it and neither should the govournment.

Some churches say that they may have a union recognizable to the state. Well is that not the same as saying "black people can drink out of a water fountain, But not the water fountain the white people use.

People argue that it is not normal or natural, How can they say this certain species of animals are gay merely for pleasure, like female chimpanzees will rub their sexual organs together for mere pleasure.

Some say it is immoral because it conflicts with God. That is a terrible argument mabye God is immoral because he conflicts with homosexuality.

25th Jun, 2005 - 10:05am / Post ID: #

Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View Beliefs Religious General

after all marriage is not a creation of the church but rather an adaption. If gay people want to get married the church should not have a hand in it and neither should the govournment.

While this may be your opinion, it isn't believed by religious people. For example, my beliefs include that God created Adam and Eve and commanded them to marry. In my faith, a Temple marriage, for time and all eternity is a commandment given and necessary for my ultimate salvation. So, I don't see marriage as something that was adapted by religion, but, rather created.

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 25th Jun, 2005 - 10:08am

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2005 - 7:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 16 View Religious Marriage Sex - Homosexuality

I believe that Gay marriages are perfectly fine, and that God had no hand whatsoever in the US constitution, (Separation of Church and State) and that whether or not God is for or against it marriage is a legal legal nowadays, it isn't always a Heavenly union under God, but a Binding union under Our (Well, USA)Government. Therefor, Separation of Church and State should apply.
Now, if the Supreme Court rules that it is religious as well then A) Why are Muslims allowed to be married? and cool.gif I don't know the Bible, the last time I read it was when I was 14 and questioning my faith for the first time, so I don't know, but both to my recollection, and from my Christian friends' mouths it does not say that gay marriages or homosexuality are unholy.
As I said, I don't know for sure, and, since I don't believe in God, nor do I want the government to get more money off me, this isn't a personal issue.

4th Jul, 2005 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

View Religious Marriage Sex - Homosexuality

Actually, same sex marriage is NOT legal, except in Massachusetts.

The US is still a democratic Republic. Since the majority of the people consistently show that they do NOT want same sex marriage to be legal, the only way for the legalization of it is by activist courts, overruling the will of the people, against the clearly stated sections of the Constitution.

Finally, when you claim the separation of Church and State, that section of the 1st Amendment is clearly designed to keep the State out of the Church, not the other way around! Not only is the wording of the Amendment clear ("Congress shall make no law....), but also the writings of the founders and authors of the Constitution. Just because the last 5 decades have hosted the development of some extreme hostility towards religion, doesn't mean that God didn't inspire the Constitution. If that is your opinion, then you are welcome to it. I am of the opinion that God DID take a strong interest, and heavily influenced, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We have just allowed it to be weakened and corrupted over the years.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2005 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Nighthawk, please post the part of the Constitution in which you believe the wording is clear that it was designed to keep the government out of the Church, as I remember them referring to England, in which the Pope had more power then the King, and also the court ruling for the Moses statue with the Ten Comandments to be removed (which they denied, so it's still there) in I believe it was the Philadelphia Court did not deny the arguement that it was against the Separation of Church and State, they simply said that it would stay. This is, of course, what the media presented to me AND my own faulty memory, so who knows how far from the truth it is.
As for the fact that we have weakened and corrupted the Constitution, oh yes, I agree completely. The Constitution was, I'm sure, pure, right, good, and, well, beautiful, but not that God gave them the ideas or anything, though I do believe that humans corrupted it.

4th Jul, 2005 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Homosexuality - Sex Marriage Religious View - Page 16

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof....

The wording is very clear. Congress shall make no law. There is nothing there about religious thought, expression, organization, or anything else being involved in Government. Only that Government will not interfere with religion!

If you go back to such things as the Federalist Papers, it becomes even more clear that the authors of the Constitution were ONLY trying to protect the churches from the government.

Any further discussion on this area should be done in the appropriate topic.

Now, as for how that relates to Same Sex Marriage, as I pointed out before, a very clear majority of the citizens of the US do NOT want it legalized. By going through the courts to overturn the clear will of the people, the Left and its activists are establishing a tyranny and overturning the Constitution.

4th Jul, 2005 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Homosexuality - Sex Marriage Religious View General Religious Beliefs - Page 16

it does not say that gay marriages or homosexuality are unholy.

Since this is the religious board, let me quote some scriptures from the Bible ONLY for information purposes, it is not intended to become my opinion on the matter:

"You shall not lie with man as one lies with a women; this is an abomination."
(Leviticus 18:22)

"If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they should surely be put to death."
(Leviticus 20:13)

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
(1Corinthians 6:9)

We could go on and on whether some of these words have been translated and interpreted in the correct manner, but I just wanted to quote some of these scriptures because by reading them is clearly to me that God is condemning homosexuality but maybe for others it is not so.

I am not gay but I do have several gay friends (I know it is not the same) but I can imagine the struggle of wanting to be with someone they "love" and not able to do it "legally". Nevertheless, I am personally against gay marriages for many reasons BUT I personally think that if two people want to be together, they can be regardless of the law and what other people may think about them.

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,