Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View - Page 10 of 22

QUOTE You are saying that all the bad things - Page 10 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 28th Jan, 2005 - 2:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 22 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (22) »
Same Sex Marriage - Religious View Gay Marriage & Religion - As various countries arouns the world legalize same sex marriage how does it affect your religious view point?
Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View Related Information to Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View

Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View
A Friend

Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View - Page 10

I would like to back up what Pheidon stated. As I said in earlier posts, there are many examples of countries where gay amrriage has been legalized, and none, NONE of them have resorted to this "slippery slope." Besides, the gay community has much more supposrt than people wo wish to get married to their own father or sister. AND, if one were to be married to their own sister, I believe that there children would have a very high risk for genetic mutation. Homosexuality does not hurt anyone, while this would.

Message Edited!
MrSmith: Request denied and deleted

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2005 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

View Religious Marriage Sex - Homosexuality

User Straker, you do not have power here to dictate how threads and messages should be handled, viewed or posted. If you are not interested in the way users post here delete your account.

27th Jan, 2005 - 7:08am / Post ID: #

Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View Beliefs Religious General

The slippery slope effect is never an immediate thing, especially in issues like this. If the U.S. legalized gay marriage today, I'm sure the 'next step' wouldn't happen for at least 10 or 15 years. With moral issues, the society needs time to become accustomed to one abomination before it hesitantly accepts the next. Look at the steady increase in immorality, violence and bad language in the movies, for example. People did not wake up one day and say, "Um, dudes, it's 1984! Let's cuss and blatantly advertise sex!" The standards have shifted gradually - almost imperceptibly. As somebody once said (I don't remember who), "If you raise the temperature of my bath water by only one degree every ten minutes, how will I know when to scream?"

Therefore, the argument that "Everybody's doing it - there's nothing wrong" is as fallacious now as it was when I was first offered a drink or a cigarette. There is something wrong, even if other countries are doing it.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2005 - 9:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 View Religious Marriage Sex - Homosexuality

QUOTE (howe6079 @ 27-Jan 05, 2:08 AM)
With moral issues, the society needs time to become accustomed to one abomination before it hesitantly accepts the next.

You are saying that all the bad things are happen today because of the guy people.... And if we are not stoping them to get married we are doomed for eternity. There are so many real issues (like poverty and crime rate) but we chose to oppose gay marriage to solve our problems.

I respect (I really do ) someone that stands up to his /her beliefs but history tells us that most of those that oppose that oppose to somebody else's rights are later misjudged and all their right arguments forgotten. This was just a though (as one of my friends from japan would say)

Their right will be eventually recognize in US as well and not because of degradation of society but because is the right thing, and usually the right things will happened and real bad things will not (and if wrong things happened because of a influence or another time will straight them all ). Name one bad thing that was accepted by society and perpetuated over the ages...so if you are really convinced that this is a bad thing I assure you that if you are right time will not let this perpetuate.

27th Jan, 2005 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

View Religious Marriage Sex - Homosexuality

Name one bad thing that was accepted by society and perpetuated over the ages...so if you are really convinced that this is a bad thing I assure you that if you are right time will not let this perpetuate.

Maicman, I can name several. The problem is you probably won't agree with me that they are bad things. Once society decides it is acceptable, most people won't view them as bad. However, that doesn't mean they aren't bad. In God's eyes they still are. Just because someone doesn't believe in God, doesn't mean he doesn't exist. Since this is the religious beliefs board, I can use him as a reason to justify something as bad. So, to name one thing that is bad and is accepted by society...couples living together without being married for one. Couples having children without being married for two. So, as you can see, society will let it perpetuate. In fact, they simply accept whatever becomes widespread.

27th Jan, 2005 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

For myself, and quite a few other people, it isn't a matter of whether or not a homosexual or lesbian is "doomed for eternity" because they get married. It is a concern for society and civilization.

The examples I gave earlier, of a slippery slope, were obviously exagerated. The problem is, most of the people who replied chose to misunderstand what I was trying to say. So, I'll leave it at that.

How does gay marriage affect society?

1. Whenever homosexuality has been accepted in a society, that society has been on the downward slope toward destruction. Ancient Greece descended from its heights and glory at the same time that homosexuality ascended. Ancient Rome, under Caligula and Nero is a great example. Whenever the moral standards of the people in society are degrading, homosexuality becomes common, and the society is failing.

2. Many people are perfectly willing to provide civil unions for homosexuals. The "gay rights" people instead want to override the majority in the US, through the use of activist courts, to force the acceptance of gay marriages. As the recent election showed, there is a powerful majority within all states that had a vote on this issue, to restrict marriage from homosexuals. So, this becomes another avenue of attack against the legal and constitutional norms of the US.

3. Homosexuality is, by its nature, anti-family. While many people have tried to tie the fact that homosexuals and lesbians are unable to procreate to the fact that a relatively small percentage of heterosexual relationships are unable to procreate, to create the false argument that such heterosexual marriages should be forbidden.
a. ALL homosexual relationships preclude the possibility of procreation, except through infidelity or technology.
b. Some small percentage of heterosexual relationships are unable to procreate. Most of these do NOT know that fact ahead of time.
c. Heterosexual relationships have been successful in creating and supporting families in ALL cultures throughout ALL of history. Any aberrations have been just that, cultural and societal aberrations, not norms.

4. While I don't know any of the statistics for lesbians, I do know that any given homosexual relationship (on average) is something like 10 times more likely to end badly than a heterosexual relationship. There is also more than 10 times greater chance that there will be severe violence in a homosexual relationship than in a heterosexual relationship, and the incidence of horribly destructive behaviors within homosexual relationships is even higher.

5. If a homosexual or lesbian wants to include his/her partner in his health care plan, life insurance, or whatever, a civil union could allow that. Or, as many companies are doing, they are just available. However, if a woman, J, wants to include her disabled brother, K, on her health care plan, she is forbidden to do so. Of course there are many different, but related, cases where a heterosexual is blocked from providing for a loved on, while a homosexual is not.

Among these points are many instances of ways that society is damaged by homosexual marriage. How many ways are there for society to be damaged by heterosexual (traditional) marriage between a man and a woman?

Why can't we let Germany experiment with this dangerous potion for a few decades, and see how it works out for them before we jump in? It is a social experiement, with a lot of evidence to show that it isn't a good idea, but so many people want to try it out anyway. It is like a healthy man entering a chemotherapy regime with the idea that it just might work out and keep him from ever getting cancer. It might work, but the known dangers are pretty powerful arguments against trying it.

And, one final time. The majority of people in the US (a democratic republic) are against it.

27th Jan, 2005 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Homosexuality - Sex Marriage Religious View - Page 10

Also, I personally don't think you can argue with what a legalization of gay marriages "might" entail. Just because a political response might, in the long run, lead to some people wanting more changes is, in my opinion to not make that decision.

Those unwanted changes can be combated if and when they arise.

While I may not agree with it, I can still accept your religious standpoint though.

28th Jan, 2005 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Homosexuality - Sex Marriage Religious View General Religious Beliefs - Page 10

You are saying that all the bad things are happen today because of the guy people...There are so many real issues (like poverty and crime rate) but we chose to oppose gay marriage to solve our problems.

Guy people? Well, I won't discuss gender issues on this board. But GAY people? No. Have I ever said that homosexuals caused 9-11 or famine in Africa or this year's flu outbreak? No. This topic addresses the issue of homosexual marriage. Thus, I am participating in the discussion ON THE ISSUE. I do not blame homosexuality unjustly for problems it obviously did not cause. Even the AIDS problem would not have been such a widespread crisis if it was confined to the homosexual community - promiscuous heterosexual people must also share the blame for this plague. I will thank you not to put words in my mouth.

HOWEVER, I can say that homosexuality and its rampant spread is both causatory and symptomatic of the perverted morals of our society generally. I have given solid reasons from both a religious and a nonreligious standpoint as to why homosexual marriage creates a dangerous precedent. Other social and political issues relating to nonsexual crime, world hunger, poverty, etc. should not be ignored, but it is reasonable to focus on multiple issues of general interest, and to stand for the right thing. If I have time this year to watch one football game, I obviously have time to care whether or not the government decides to change the definition of marriage!

.... And if we are not stoping them to get married we are doomed for eternity.

Again, have I ever addressed your salvation? My place is not to judge your ultimate destiny because of your political, moral, or social views. I have never presumed to do so.

If you are speaking in a broader sense, I do believe that our society will suffer for allowing and embracing the decline in morality, but I will not say that ANYBODY is "doomed for eternity," except perhaps Cain. I will also say that embracing abomination will continue to create an environment in which salvation will be more difficult to desire and obtain.

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,