Satanism a Religion? - Page 2 of 3

I think Christian Bale was just being sarcastic - Page 2 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 10th Jan, 2019 - 12:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Church of Satan
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2005 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

Satanism a Religion?
A Friend

Satanism a Religion? - Page 2

QUOTE (News @ 26-Oct 04, 9:20 AM)
re·li·gion    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (r-ljn)
n.

1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

By Websters definition, Satanism is a religion. I have met several Satanists in my life, but most of them don't actually worship "Satan" as most church goers would perceive him. The Satanists I have known don't truly believe in God or Satan. The word Satan means adversary. They view themselves as an adversary to organized religion. Their black masses are done in mockery of most organized religions major services. To most Satanists, the idea of a true good and evil is laughable. They are really in the idea of mocking religion, rather that establishing their own religion based on Satan. But, by definition, they are a religion.

Reconcile Edited: konquererz on 28th Jan, 2005 - 11:04pm

Sponsored Links:
29th Jan, 2005 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Religion Satanism

The Satanists I have known don't truly believe in God or Satan. The word Satan means adversary. They view themselves as an adversary to organized religion.

Well, I guess the Satanists you have met have been fooled or they have no clue what they really believe in. Satanists worship Satan and they believe he is very real. You can make a search and see what they really believe in.

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2006 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Satanism a Religion?
A Friend

Satanism a Religion? Beliefs Religious General

I have heard of three different groups of people who are commonly referred to as satanists. I believe that some of the difference of opinion here results from this unfortunate ambiguity.

Firstly, there are people who believe that the Bible and in the teachings of Jesus are accurate, but choose to follow Satan instead of God. These people are largely teenagers looking to be rebellious and who think sacrificing a cat will be fun, and most of them grow out of it.

Secondly, there are members of the Church of Satan, or more generally, those who follow the Satanic Bible. This religion is based on a belief that humans are basically just animals and certain "dark magic" principles similar but often opposing those of some Neo-Pagans. The founder of this religion chose the name "Satanism" in order to be edgy, controversial and antagonistic to the prevailing Christian morality, not to refer to the Adversary of God from Christian belief.

Thirdly, there are followers of Thelema, the religious creation of Aleister Crowley, who are often incorrectly called satanists.

To avoid confusion, I typically refer to the first variety as "anti-Christians", though I have never met one who is an adult.

29th Oct, 2006 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Religion Satanism

I can agree with the above and can add that often most see anything that has a hint of magic (magick), gothic or unusual as also Satanism. In this bucket would fall Pagans, Witches, Halloween revelers, and so forth. Each of these has their own Thread and some mix no words in crying out Satanism. I believe Satanism can be considered a religion, I also believe that the followers have various levels of activity, some directly acknowledging it while others are only at the level of ignorant kid (in terms of child goat with pun intended).

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2009 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

Religion Satanism

Name: Smarterthanyou

Comments: Satanists don't worship Satan, they worship themselves. Satanists are atheists, and in no way believe god or Satan are deities. There are a few other groups that call themselves "Satanists" but are in no way related to the Church Of Satan, which is the one and only true organization. So please, do some research before you just click one link on google.

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2015 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Satanism a Religion?

Disturbing cult of the children of Satan

IT WAS the story that horrified affluent families in a leafy north London suburb. But tales of devil-worship from impressionable youngsters are nothing new. Ref. Source 8j

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2019 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Satanism Religion - Page 2

"To us, Satan is a symbol of pride, liberty and individualism, and it serves as an external metaphorical projection of our highest personal potential," the Church of Satan tweeted Sunday night. "As Mr. Bale's own talent and skill won him the award, this is fitting. Hail Christian! Hail Satan!" Source 4k.

10th Jan, 2019 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

Satanism Religion General Religious Beliefs - Page 2

I think Christian Bale was just being sarcastic while the church of Satan is taking this way too seriously.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Satanism a Religion?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,