Catholics Condone Priests' Child Abuse? - Page 2 of 8

Jury Recommends 20-Year Term for Priest AP - Page 2 - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 2nd Sep, 2005 - 1:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »
28th Apr, 2003 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Catholics Condone Priests' Child Abuse? - Page 2

Alana, forget about the Teacher of Righteousness, the guy seem kind of not very well 'upstairs'.

Offtopic but,
Nice to have you here by the way! Don't forget to update your profile so you can get rid of the green frog.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2004 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Abuse Child Priests Condone Catholics

NEW POLICY FOR CLERGY TOO HARSH?

An influential U.S. Roman Catholic theologian says the discipline policy American bishops adopted in response to the clergy sex-abuse crisis ignores priests' due-process rights and should be changed.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...69577%2C00.html

9th May, 2005 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Catholics Condone Priests' Child Abuse? Catholicism Studies

Here is an interesting view, that I had not heard about before, on why Pope JP II allowed homosexuals into the clergy. The argument is that these allowed clergy were then responsible for most of the abuse scandals that have riddled the church.

From WorldNetDaily.com

The reason Catholic Church leadership includes homosexuals is because John Paul II refused to believe reports that potential clergy held that orientation - a mistake that will not be repeated by Pope Benedict XVI, says geopolitical expert Jack Wheeler.

In a column on his intelligence website, To the Point, Wheeler explains that a Vatican source disclosed to him why John Paul discounted the charge of homosexuality.

"Whenever Vatican investigators brought the results of their vetting process regarding an individual's candidacy for bishop, cardinal or other office, and they revealed he was a homosexual, John Paul II would refuse to believe it," he writes.

"He did so because accusing someone of homosexuality was a standard practice of the Communist government in his native Poland regarding anyone it regarded as an enemy of the state. From his ordination as a Catholic priest in 1946 to elevation to Archbishop of Krakow in 1963 and Cardinal in 1967, the then Karol Wojtyla witnessed this personal destruction repeatedly. So traumatized, he summarily dismissed such accusations as pope, and would approve the elevation of anyone so accused. "

Wheeler says that's why the church is "riddled" with homosexuals today.

Things will be different with Benedict XVI, writes Wheeler, referring to the new pope's opposition from people like writer Andrew Sullivan.

Writes Wheeler: "Sullivan denounced the new pontiff as a 'Grand Inquisitor' who had 'declared a war on modernity' and would launch an 'attack on individual freedom.' Yes, the famous commentator who once pretended to be conservative has figured it out: the Catholic Church is now going to be in forthright moral opposition to the 'modernity' of homosexual priests and the 'individual freedom' of molesting young boys" - a reference to the clergy-sex scandal that has plagued the church.

Now I am not sure if it is fair to equate homosexual priests and clergy to abuse and molestation of young boys, but I can see where a lot of people would make that comparison. This also sheds some light on why JP II was as lenient as he was in allowing homosexuals in the clergy.
If anything, this also puts in clear and crystal letters the law of the land that will be implemented by Pope Benedict XVI, as it seems he will not be tolerant of ANY homosexual clergy in the church. Do you think it is a fair assessment to say that this stance will purge the church of those who are prone to abusive acts against young children?

Post Date: 10th May, 2005 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Catholics Condone Priests' Child Abuse?
A Friend

Page 2 Abuse Child Priests Condone Catholics

All I know is... very few... I'd say less than 1/10th of 1 percent are given the 'supernatural gift' of celebacy... for those let them remain as God has called them... but for the rest of normal men who wish to serve God...

Why would brother Paul be so adamant about warning against those who would 'forbid to marry' (Titus 4:1-3)

The segment of the Church that forbids marriage as a prerequisite for sanctified service to God, I believe, with Paul... is in error...

10th May, 2005 - 7:16am / Post ID: #

Abuse Child Priests Condone Catholics

In my personal opinion, homosexuality is not the same as pedophilia! They may, on occasion, be present concurrently, but I adamantly do not believe that they necessarily *must* coexist. There are a lot of pedophiles out there who are not homosexuals, and homosexuals who are not pedophiles.

So, whether or not the Catholic church is "riddled with homosexuals" is not necessarily why so many young boys were molested.

Having said that, I'm in definite agreement with the new Pope that a purge is in order. The reputation of the church has been decidedly tarnished, and a good housecleaning would be refreshing for everyone.

In my biased, non-Catholic opinion.
Roz

10th May, 2005 - 10:02am / Post ID: #

Catholics Condone Priests' Child Abuse?

I think there is a segment of the population that believes strongly that the Catholic Church should allow priests to be married. They use anything they can as support for their argument. So, they will claim that this pedophilia problem is a result of not allowing priests to be married. To make that argument, they must claim that it is because so many homosexuals are priests. After all, they argue, a healthy, normal heterosexual man would never choose to be celebate.

However, as FarSeer has already said, homsexuality and pedophilia are not the same at all. Pedophiles are attracted to children. For some it is little boys, for some it is little girls. This is not a homosexual phenonemna.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2005 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

Catholics Condone Priests' Child Abuse - Page 2

Catholic Priest Gets Probation in Groping

AP - A Pennsylvania priest who pleaded guilty to attempted sexual abuse for groping a former altar boy on an overnight trip to New York City was sentenced Wednesday to 10 years probation, authorities said.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...us/church_abuse

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2005 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

Catholics Condone Priests' Child Abuse Studies Catholicism - Page 2

Jury Recommends 20-Year Term for Priest

AP - A jury Thursday recommended a 20-year prison sentence for the Rev. Thomas Graham, a Roman Catholic priest convicted of sexually abusing a teenage boy in the rectory of St. Louis' Old Cathedral in the 1970s.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ch_abuse_graham

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Catholics Condone Priests' Child Abuse?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,