International Burn A Koran Day - Page 4 of 6

Quran Burning and US Inconsistency By Lamis - Page 4 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 14th Sep, 2010 - 2:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
The Dove World Outreach Center - Burning Quran - Koran Burnings
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2010 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

International Burn A Koran Day - Page 4

Koran-burning pastor's websites shut down

The obscure Christian pastor who planned to mark the ninth anniversary of September 11 attacks by burning copies of the Koran has had his website pulled from the internet, the hosting company said. Ref. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
11th Sep, 2010 - 9:45am / Post ID: #

Day Koran Burn International

I think the general said it when reporting how this will affect our troops. I am not sure of his exact words. He basically said it would be bad.

I agree, and in my words, do we want our troops in a calmer place or to evoke the enemy like bullies while claiming peace?

When it comes down to all this nonsense about who's god is better, or whatever, I just see men / woman hating each other. There is nothing divine about it.

True in America you have the right to burn books. At least thats what I heard on the news. But a holy book? Is that the message we want to send to the world? Is it really even right to have a mass burning of any holy book?

Lastly you have to buy the book before you can burn it. So this pasture is spending his partitioners money to buy Korans instead of bibles, just to burn them.

So not only is he burning their hard earned money, but also financing the religion he is so against.

Seriously this is day one stuff. We should be way beyond these child like actions by now.

rolleyes.gif

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 11th Sep, 2010 - 9:57am

11th Sep, 2010 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

International Burn A Koran Day Islam Studies

A change of heart? Seen the light? Got some sense?

international QUOTE
The Rev. Terry Jones says he has decided to cancel Quran burning -- "not today, not ever."

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2010 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

International Burn A Koran Day
A Friend

Page 4 Day Koran Burn International

I am glad that this guy came to his senses. Maybe what the general said made the difference. I can tell you that the troops would not be affected either way. They are already hated over there what is the burning of a book going to do to change that? Maybe this will help them see that not all Americans are senseless? Who knows.

13th Sep, 2010 - 6:34am / Post ID: #

Day Koran Burn International

I heard from several soldiers serving that what this guy was planning to do wouldn't really make any difference to them or greatly change the respect or lack there of that they receive there in Iraq and Afghanistan. Actually, several said good...maybe it will bring a few of the extremist out of hiding so that they might get a shot at them. It isn't like there are a bunch of people over there still on the fence as to their feelings about the US where this act could tip them one way or the other.

Perhaps it has been the hours of hard core footage of people diving off the WTC that I have been witnessed to over the weekend that got me really thinking about this, but either way...my views on what this guy (maybe not the person himself) proposed to do definitely shifted. When I first heard of this, I thought that the guy was just a total nutter out for his 15 mins of fame. While that still may be true, the whole Ground Zero Mosque keep playing in the background and it really got me thinking.

A large majority of the US (over 70% at the last poll I saw) says they don't want a mosque at ground zero for obvious reasons. The response to this potential denial by the US public by the NY Islamic Imam is interesting...

The Washington Times

international QUOTE
The imam behind the proposed Muslim mosque and community center near ground zero said Sunday that he would have drawn up different plans if he had known the level of Islamophobia generated by the proposal.

Speaking on ABC's "This Week With Christiane Amanpour," Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf said, "I would never have done it."

"I'm a man of peace," he said. "I mean the whole objective of peace work is not to do something that would provoke controversy."

Mr. Rauf said a final decision on the center's location "will be predicated on what is best for everybody" and repeated his concern that, if the center is moved, "the headline in the Muslim world will be: 'Islam is under attack in America.'"

"This will strengthen the radicals in the Muslim world, help their recruitment. This will put our people - our soldiers, our troops, our embassies, our citizens, under attack in the Muslim world," he said.

First off, you didn't think that a mosque near a location where members of your faith flew planes carrying innocent men, women and children into 2 buildings and thus killing thousands in the largest attack on US soil might stir up a little hostile emotion? BS is what that is called from where I come from and while my birthday was close to yesterday, it certainly wasn't my first one. Secondly, while he does come across in the first 3 paragraphs a just a well meaning dolt...he then does something interesting in the last 2 statements. Folks, that is a veiled (and not so subtly) threat. If you don't let us build here western world, the Muslim world will kill people. So I get it, we should turn the other cheek and let them build or there will be blood shed by people of their faith or it is "Islam is under attack in America". Now it didn't say, because of my stupid choices and lack of even the most obvious of foresight...people are going to die because the mosque likely wont be built...but I digress.

Let us take a look at a fresh story from the muslim world in Jakarta...

international QUOTE
Assailants stab, beat Christian worshippers outside of Indonesia's capital

Published September 12, 2010
Associated Press
BEKASI, Indonesia -  BEKASI, Indonesia (AP) - Indonesia's president ordered police to hunt down and arrest assailants who stabbed a Christian worshipper in the stomach and beat a minister in the head with a wooden plank as they headed to prayers.

Neither of the injuries appeared to be life-threatening.

No one claimed responsibility for Sunday's attacks. But suspicion immediately fell on Islamic hard-liners who have repeatedly warned members of the Batak Christian Protestant Church against worshipping on a field housing their now-shuttered church.

In recent months, they have thrown shoes and water bottles at the church members, interrupted sermons with chants of "Infidels!" and "Leave Now!" and dumped piles of feces on the land.

Local police Chief Imam Sugianto said Asia Sihombing, a worshipper, was on his way to the field when assailants jumped off a motorcycle and stabbed him in the stomach.

Rev. Luspida Simanjuntak was smashed in the head as she tried to come to his aid.

"I was trying to help get him onto a motorcycle so we could get him to a hospital," she told reporters in the industrial city of Bekasi, 25 miles (40 kilometers) east of Jakarta.

She said the face of one of the assailants looked familiar.

President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who relies heavily on Islamic parties in parliament, has been widely criticized in the media for failing to crack down on hard-liners.

But he immediately called on authorities to investigate and to hold accountable those responsible.

"We know who's behind it," said Maj. Gen. Timur Pradopo, the police chief in Jakarta, without elaborating. "But I don't believe this is an inter-religious conflict."

Indonesia, a secular country of 237 million people, has more Muslims than any other in the world. Though it has a long history of religious tolerance, a small extremist fringe has become more vocal in recent years.

Leading the charge against the Batak Christians has been the Islamic Defenders Front, which is pushing for the implementation of Islamic-based laws in Bekasi and other parts of the nation.

They are known for smashing bars, attacking transvestites and going after those considered blasphemous with bamboo clubs and stones. Perpetrators are rarely punished or even questioned by police.

The front also pressured the local government early this year to shutter the Batak church.

The Batak worshippers have refused to back down. Every week, about 20 or so return to the field to pray, defying threats and indimidation.

Now...to paraphrase. The islamic world didn't like the christian church. They got it shut down and attacked parishioners. Now this wasn't even a christian church on historically significant ground...it was just a church. They had the right to build there, but the IDF successfully got them thrown out and attacked them on the way out. Now the imam tells us that there will be bloodshed if we don't OK the mosque. Of course, we are to take the high road. We shouldn't send a bunch of airplanes to Jakarta and blow these yahoos up. Yepper, we should turn the other cheek. Just as we did in the US after 9-11, when we didn't burn thousands of mosque to the ground. This would all be fine and good if I ever got the impression that the Muslim world would join us on the high road...but I don't.

How many US flags or Bibles burn daily over there in the middle east? Oh wait, I forgot...in several of those countries Bibles are illegal. I don't see the US populous freaking out in a blood lust for each Betsy Ross Original burned and tossed on the ground...but...shall we burn a Koran or even a comic of Mohammed and just watch the top come off of that group. They take to the streets and kill innocent christians or those they don't like with bombs strapped around their waist.

Then I thought...what would appease the muslim world? I quickly thought...hmmm...ok...let them be in total control and Shirai Law everywhere. Surely that would do right? But read the above...that small little christian church was in a muslim country. The muslims were in control...but was that enough? NO! They need to try to kill (these people didn't die, but was that for lack of trying)those with an opposing view and get rid of them. Today in NYC, liquor stores and other retailers are forced away from the vicinity of mosque...because we are bowing as far over as our President to asswage these guys that we don't mind stepping over our own freedoms.

I know all muslims are not extremist, but unfortunately there are enough within your ranks and you aren't policing them.

I am ready to jump off high road. Everytime I watched a body free fall down that 110 stories and imagine what went through their minds when the made that choice and saw a well intentioned member of the Muslim World hack the head off of Daniel Pearl, and trust me I saw a LOT of it this weekend on Japanese TV, the feelings of what a peaceful religion Islam is didn't creep through my head. Unfortunately, the evidence isn't backing it up totally.

Again, I know all muslims are not extremist, but unfortunately there are enough within your ranks and you aren't policing them.

Something really happened to the US that I knew on 9-11. If this was the country I remember, those towers would be built back by now and higher as if to say to the Muslim World...nice try but we ain't goin nowhere. But they haven't even started building yet and to top it off...our President and Mayor of NY want a mosque near the sight? I guess while we are at it, let's put a Shinto Shrine at Pearl Harbor. We are trying to kiss up to the extremist part and any part of the Muslim World we can get our lips around and it bothers me.

So honestly, until the Muslim World grows up a bit and learns how to play in the sandbox of life...I have no problems with putting a Koran on the barbie, nuking one in a microwave, in a crockpot on low simmer, pressed with a George Foreman Griller, etc... I wont do it but I certainly can see why someone might want to and I wouldn't want to deny them their right, because this is the US. I have a feeling if we took up a collection for Koran book buying for a massive book burning, that there would be a shortage of Korans for sale in the US. Am I going to get peace if I don't burn the Koran? Tell me the peace and happiness that I will have if we don't burn this book or make a Mohammed comic. Hmmm...that hasn't worked to well either now has it because you never heard of "burn a Koran day" until after they had "burn a WTC day". Now I do think this guy is going after his 15 mins, but he isn't really the message we should be paying attention to...this is just another 9-11 victory for the "Muslim World" as the Imam says. However, I love his idea of Korans for Mosque deal...brilliant. The threats and scare tactics are working Muslim World...congrats. I hope the America that I remember comes back sometime and quits bowing and apologizing to the Muslim World.

Lastly, I know all muslims are not extremist, but unfortunately there are enough within your ranks and you aren't policing them.

Rather off topic, but...
Seems the footage of all those jumpers really got to me this weekend. Being Christian, I have trouble with the decision they had to make on that roof or out that window. Attempt to go down to safety in which you will likely burn, stay where you are at and slowly burn waiting for rescue or commit suicide. I know that my religion says I should have picked the first two as options. However, knowing what exteme heat feels like...I have no doubt I would have jumped. I would have committed suicide...thanks to parts of the Muslim World and I never burned a Koran.

I think if that significant group of muslims that some might radical extremist were to have some sort of plan to stop being just that, then I would have no trouble turning the other cheek...yet AGAIN. However, there is absolutely no indications that this group is being sated or even wants to be sated. They seem to thrive off of threats, hatred and over reaction to the slightest of slights.

Luke 22:36: "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 13th Sep, 2010 - 6:54am

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2010 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Koran controversy

Glenn returns from vacation and responds to the bizarre request from Pakistan's Ambassador to the United States that Glenn should denounce the planned Koran burning. It's bizarre for a couple reasons: 1) Why Glenn? and 2) Glenn already denounced it. Ref. Source 3

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2010 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

International Burn Koran Day - Page 4

Vincenzo I know exactly where your coming from and I too watched the people falling to the ground on that day. I however can not place all the blame on the extremist muslims in the world as I feel our own government had a big part of the events that happened on that fateful day of September 11, 2001. I can even tell you where I was and exactly what I was doing on the hour the first plane hit hit. I can tell you what I was doing when I watched the second plane hit.

Yes a person wanted to burn a few Korans and I really do not blame him for his beliefs. But I am a man of peace if I can be. Otherwise I am a man not to be trifled with. I have been to war. I have fought alongside many from many different religions. We were all on the same side and we got along greatly. I know the Iraq and Afghanistan wars has changed that a lot. But I know deep down many still want peace.

I think this world would be a much happier place if the muslims would police their own but I can tell you from talking to some of my friends who have relatives over in the middle east that some people are afraid of the radicals and what they will do to them and their families if they apposed them. This I think is the major reason that there are so many radical islamic militants in this world right now.

Will the burning of the Koran make them go away? I highly doubt that and it was pointed out clearly that the burning of the Koran by anyone not matter where they were would cause a large outcry in the islamic world. You christians can turn the other cheek but you are correct that if turning the other cheek does not work then we need to take up the sword. Maybe we are at that point now.

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2010 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

International Burn Koran Day Studies Islam - Page 4

Quran Burning and US Inconsistency
By Lamis Andoni

Why does the US government think burning Qurans is less civilized than drone attacks on civilian populations? Ref. Source 9

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: International Burn A Koran Day

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,