International Burn A Koran Day - Page 5 of 6

Provoked or not we as humans have the ability - Page 5 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 30th Mar, 2011 - 2:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
The Dove World Outreach Center - Burning Quran - Koran Burnings
14th Sep, 2010 - 5:34am / Post ID: #

International Burn A Koran Day - Page 5

Obviously dropping bombs on innocent people does not alarm a big chunk of Americans, that seems to be more and more sort of our thing. We use many reasons and cover ups about it.

While pointing out the obvious disparity with this thinking is good, burning a holy book is still bad. It does not justify it, they are both bad and should not be done.

Looking at the situation as they did this or that. So what is so bad if we do this or that, "they asked for it".
This sort of thinking and action just fans the flames of war.

Maybe they do deserve it, maybe the enemy deserves a lot worse. Remember though to them we are the enemy and they can say the same.

If we really want peace and to convince the muslims that are not extremists of that. This is exactly the wrong thing to do. Then the extremists win, point the finger back at us and say, "Look what your so called friends are doing, don't you have any faith or muslim pride?"

If you build a mosk at ground zero, then what will they have to say. Further what will the peace loving ones think.

Personally I don't care either way. It is just a book, a book designed to enlighten the reader to a higher way of thinking and living but a book all the same. People should not need a book to tell them these things. However sometimes we forget and having a reference to look at is helpful. If you feel you have to destroy something to feel better there is a deeper problem there, probably a personal one.

Basically it isn't going to affect me either way, so personally I think, whatever.

However knowing people and how the angry ones look for any reason to be angry.
If what we really desire is peace?
Why fan the flames, why play that game. This is a good chance to show we really are about peace and togetherness.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 14th Sep, 2010 - 5:56am

Sponsored Links:
14th Sep, 2010 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #

Day Koran Burn International

All I can say is that we had not had a "burn a Koran Day" proposed prior to this event with the guy in Florida. We do not have peace with islamic extremist.

We didn't level every mosque within the US after 9-11 and as a matter of face there was little retaliation against muslims in the continental US...we went after Al Quaida and Osama Bin Laden (the guys that were responsible). Had this been the other way around, apparently no american or christian would have been safe. I cannot fathom a better demonstration of how to properly focus your anger and vengence and to understand that all that are in the religion are not responsible. But it really didn't buy us much peace did it?

There are over 100 mosque in NYC now. We have even allowed them to run businesses that they do not like near their mosque out of business...thus denying store owners their right to be there. However, with all those mosque there...the denial of this 1 mosque is a act of war on Islam by those extremist...and are they really extremist or rather a disfunctional off-shoot of islam when the Imam in NYC obviously considers them part of the muslim world? Still...100 mosque and no peace.

I think we have shown those that want to look, that we are peaceful. I mean...what exactly did we do to warrant having 3000+ men, women and children killed on 9-11?

The Imam doesnt believe that ground zero is hallowed ground. I have trouble believing that if he is an US citizen that he could say such a thing with a straight face.

This large islamic extremist group has no desire for peace. If they wanted it, they could have had it long before they ran planes into the WTC and much before the "Burn a Koran Day". We already have peace with the remainder of the muslim world...that is why we have 100+ mosque in NYC. The book burning didn't happen...do you feel the love from the islamic extremist? NO...me either. They have already moved on from the book burning to mosque building to riot about. Give them the mosque...are we all squared up then? Think so? How many cheeks do we have to turn? Should a few cities in the US be allowed to operate under Sharia Law? Hmmm...think if we deny the first village that wants to operate under Sharia Law the ability to do so, that the muslim world will look at this as an attack? Where does it end?

All I can say is that the Pastor not burning the book bought us nothing. They still rioted about it. I just get the feeling we arent dealing on the same level. Yeah...the majority of americans want peace and the ones that don't will go along anyway (cause we CAN police our own), but these guys arent coming to the table and I get no indication that they even want to...being angry, giving your people someone to blame for their poverty and jihad are too fun for these guys.

We burn their book...a section of their religion goes totally nuts and want to kill christians and US citizens.

They burn our book...doesnt even make the headlines on the internet.

We make a comic strip with a likeness of Mohammed...a section of their religion goes totally nuts and wants to kill christians and US citizens.

They make a comic of Jesus...doesnt even make the headlines on the internet.

They burn our flag...nothing happens...just more cheek turning.

Now here is the cherry part of it...when they do these things, apparently it is a command from their book. Yeah...the peaceful book told them to do this according to the teachings from certain Imams. With a situation such as this...how do we expect to have a peaceful existence with the islamic extremist?

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 15th Sep, 2010 - 8:47am

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2010 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

International Burn A Koran Day
A Friend

International Burn A Koran Day Islam Studies

There are times I wish that he had burnt a few Korans. Maybe that would have sent a clear message to some of the extremists. I know that no matter what we do or say as AMericans the Islamic extremists will never be happy. It is in their belief that we are all infidels and need to be killed because that will ensure that they go to heaven as they see it.

Many people have said that you can not win a argument with a crazed person. I think trying to win any type of talk with these extremists is futile.

16th Sep, 2010 - 7:43am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Day Koran Burn International

What you are saying is true. I can't say I don't understand where you are coming from after reading your posts.
If burning the books makes people feel better (in light of the circumstances) then who am I, or anyone, to say they can't.

I think it is important though to be honest about what the act embodies. To me there is nothing peaceful or divine about it. It is an act of frustration and provocation. An act of revenge if you will.

I can only say that I have read the bible a few times. While there is much in the old testament that supports this act. Most all of the text in the new testament leans heavily against it.

Like you stated, how many times should we turn our cheek. If I am remembering correctly Jesus said keep turning it. He spoke of love and forgiveness. Even to the point of allowing himself to be tortured and brutally murdered.

While this does not make a hole lot of sense to me or a lot of people. It definitely left an impression, otherwise we would not be talking about him so reverently even today, more than 2,000 years later.

Let them build all the temples they want. If they keep acting this way they will end up empty or collapse in on themselves.

It is my thinking that if christians continue to fan the flame of the city on the hill, a beacon of peace and enlightenment. They will do much more than if they fan the flames of books burning.
I respect and understand the other points, and hey, I can't say we should all just get along. Realistically there are some that just cannot be reached this way. They want to hate and destroy as if born from hell itself. That particular pocket of people deserve no mercy, they will show none. However when you carpet bomb an entire religion or nation of people your making enemies that could have been allies.

When you burn a muslims holy book your not just burning the extremists holy book. Your burning every muslims book, and more importantly future muslisms book. The ones that are peaceful and wanting peace will mostly recognize this difference, hopefully. Though I can't help but think in the long run this is going to be a notch in their belt not ours.

I watched a film about Ghahndi a while back and remember a scene that kind of pertains to this topic.
A man came to him claiming to have brutally killed a young boy of the opposing religion. Stating that it was an act od revenge because his own son had been killed in a similar way. The man was distraught because the act laid heavily on him, he thought himself bound for hell and was seeking absolution. Gahndi told him to find an orphan of the opposing religion and raise him lovingly according the boys opposing religion. Maybe this story makes sense maybe not but the point is, and has been the same.

Revenge is a frivolous solution, it only breeds more hatred, like an infected wound. The only solution that will heal is the enlightened / peaceful one.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 16th Sep, 2010 - 8:08am

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2011 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Day Koran Burn International

Pastor burns Koran, radical Muslims respond by killing 2 Christians

At least two Christians have been killed and multiple churches have been attacked in Pakistan in response to a Koran-burning ceremony in Florida last week. This occurred despite the pastors of the victimized churches being outspoken critics of those burning the Koran. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2011 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

This just goes to show you that no matter what happens the two sides will always be trying to one up the other. No one wins in these type of situations. Only people on both sides will get more and more upset with the other side. This is not the way it was intended. Who are we as a people? Why can we not see that we all are brothers here on earth and that we can all get along and live in peace.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 30th Mar, 2011 - 1:08am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Mar, 2011 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

International Burn Koran Day - Page 5

The pastor provoked them and he did it on purpose, I find it sick to be honest and he should feel ashamed of himself!

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2011 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

International Burn Koran Day Studies Islam - Page 5

Provoked or not we as humans have the ability to turn and walk away from such incidents and not let them effect us. I think you have a side that was just wanting any type of incident to justify what he now calls a religious killing.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: International Burn A Koran Day

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,