International Burn A Koran Day - Page 2 of 6

Gainesville Muslim Community Organizes Vigils, - Page 2 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 9th Sep, 2010 - 2:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
The Dove World Outreach Center - Burning Quran - Koran Burnings
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2010 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

International Burn A Koran Day - Page 2

Name: Jacque

Comments: It is too bad a man who claims to be a Christian pastor does not possess what he professes. Jesus would not be burning a Quoran. Jesus taught peace and love. If Mr. Terry Jones reaches heaven he is going to be surprised at Muslims as well as Christians being there.
I am senior elder in a Christian church but I believe that Christ died for all not just a select few. I believe in the teachings of Christ. The Bible also teaches judge not lest you are judged.
In order to make peace we all must stop spreading hate.
I say to Mr. Terry Jones you are wrong. If you knew anything about the Quoran you would know that most Muslims are peaceful. There are a few fanatic Muslims but there are also a few fanatic Christians. If you are a Christian pastor I ask you to teach that of Christ.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2010 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

International Burn A Koran Day
A Friend

Day Koran Burn International

I agree. We need to spread the word that we all are gods children and not just a select few. We all are on this great planet together and we all are going to the promised land when we stop fighting with each other and learn to live a peaceful life. Those who do not understand this will be back on this rock soon to try again.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2010 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

International Burn A Koran Day Islam Studies

Name: Smokey

Comments: Maybe we should worry about the woman who is soon to be stoned to death in Iran! Not much outrage on that!

Note: Persephone: That topic is covered here: Source 1

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2010 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Day Koran Burn International

Name: Md

Comments: I do not agree with the church burning books but I think that if the church wishes to do this than let them. They seem to be the only ones that have not given in to the terrorists when we start to worry well what kind of a retaliation is this going to get and have to take into account the threat of terror than you have given into terror. In that case our enemies have won. All Muslims are not the enemy it is only a small group in every religion you have nuts we just cant let them win by changing our perceptions.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2010 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Day Koran Burn International

I am one that does not believe in burning any books. Whether it be the Bible, the Koran or Huckleberry Finn. If we start burning one type of book where will it all end. Is the burning of the Koran going to stop terrorism? No it is not. Is it going to piss off a lot of Muslims? You bet.

Just because I do not believe the Koran should be burnt does not mean that I have given in to the terrorist. I still think any terrorist from any back ground or religion should be hunted down and punished to the fullest means possible. The Terrorist will only win when we agree to their ways of life and allow them to win.

I am always on the look out for those that want to wrong society and those that want to spread hate around the world. I believe that those who want to spread hate to their fellow man over a group of people or individuals is wrong. I believe they are just as bad as some of the terrorists by spreading a message of hate to others.

We are all on this rock we call earth together and as long as we are here we should do our best to get along and let others live their lives free. Those who want to say he is no good because his skin is purple is just as bad as those that say he is no good because he believes in a different god. We are here to learn and to accept each other and to love each other. We are not meant to spread hatred as that is wrong in many of the religious books I have read.

I hope that people learn to get this message before it is too late. In some parts of the world I look in it does seem that it might already be too late.

8th Sep, 2010 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

I absolutely agree with you KN, and I think most reasonable people do.

I saw a local TV news poll today about this Quran burning, and I was dumbfounded and shocked, but pleasantly, to find that 81% of the TV viewers did NOT agree that anyone should be burning the holy writings of the Islamic faith. For Oklahoma, that really surprised me, and I have to admit, I have a newfound hope for this state, and people in general, in spite of the everyday ignorance I still see and hear. Now, granted, almost 20% of the viewers DID agree, and I'm not sure how the poll was done, if it was call in, or via internet, or what - if it was internet, it is likely the younger generation, which would account for the more tolerant and "liberal" attitude - but still.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2010 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

International Burn Koran Day - Page 2

Koran Burnings

The Pastor Behind 'Burn a Koran Day' Says the Event Will Go On as Planned [2:03 p.m. ET] Ref. ABC News

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2010 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

International Burn Koran Day Studies Islam - Page 2

Gainesville Muslim Community Organizes Vigils, Teach-Ins to Counter Planned Quran Burning

Global condemnation grows over a Florida church's plan to burn the Quran on September 11th. General David Petraeus warns it could endanger US troops abroad. We speak with a Gainesville student who is helping to organize a series of counter events in the community; Mayor Craig Lowe, the first openly gay mayor, who was targeted by the Florida church during his campaign; and Moustafa Bayoumi, author of How Does It Feel to Be a Problem? Being Young and Arab in America. Ref. Source 9

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: International Burn A Koran Day

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,