Airlines - Page 2 of 2

I have only flown with two airlines, the first - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 29th Mar, 2006 - 8:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Ever been on a plane? talk about the good, bad, and ugly.
22nd May, 2004 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Airlines - Page 2

You are sooo lucky to be traveling so much!!! I guess knowing Spanish helps you a lot too since in Arizona there are many Latinos. But I didn't know the salaries are so low.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th May, 2004 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

Airlines
A Friend

Airlines

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 22-May 04, 2:13 PM)
You are sooo lucky to be traveling so much!!! I guess knowing Spanish helps you a lot too since in Arizona there are many Latinos. But I didn't know the salaries are so low.

The salaries aren't really that low, it's just that our expenses are so high right now. Come September, we will have two kids in college with two more to go. My son will go on a mission in a little over a year, so we could use about a million a year right now. We have three incomes, my two jobs and my wife has one job and you would think we could save some, but we run through it pretty quick.

It seems we are so busy with work that we don't travel for fun much anymore. But this summer, we are going to fly to San Diego and hit the beach and Sea World. I would like to take a long weekend and hang out on Puerto Vallarta but there's always something we have to do.

21st Dec, 2004 - 4:45am / Post ID: #

Airlines Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

My flight to England this last September was on an American Airlines 777 and it was quite enjoyable. The 777 is very roomy, and that is the main problem I have with planes is leg room for my 6' 1" frame. Plus the 777 has a TV monitor on the back of each headrest, so watching movies is more personal and you can choose what you want to watch. To me this was a novice concept and one that I hadn't seen on a plane before (usually everyone watches the same movie on a couple of monitors strewn throughout the cabin).
My wife and I really like American flights the best. Delta would be the worst since they always seem to be delayed and the food and service wasn't that great the few times we flew with them.

21st Dec, 2004 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Airlines

It isn't the terrorists that scare me, it's the so-called "Airport Security" -- they have way too much power, and the rules are just stupid. It's just harrassment, plain and simple, that we are subjected to.

This has gotten even worse in recent months. Since it was a woman or women who brought down a Russian Airliner recently, they are now patting down many women in a manner that is uncomfortable for many. I have seen video of it on the news. They feel your breasts and even lift them to some degree to make sure nothing is hidden under them in your bra. Some college students recently went through security in their pajamas (no bra) to make the checks easier and then changed into their clothes in the ladies room after. I guess this makes the search more comfortable because they don't need to be as thorough in their pat downs.

Airport security is just like anything else... you could get on a train, metro, or ship and the security there could be equal to typical airport security and you can die the same.

At least in the US, this isn't true yet. I believe the threat is the same, but the security restrictions and checks in place are not anywhere near the same. Perhaps that means it is more dangerous to travel by any public means other than plane. They are just beginning to tighten security when traveling by train. So, it is probably safer to travel by plane, but since there hasn't been an attack in the US on a train yet, people feel safer traveling by train. To me that means, my next trip should be by plane not train...

5th Feb, 2005 - 4:08am / Post ID: #

Airlines

I fly quite a bit with my job. I really like the following airlines (security and service):

Air Italia, Quantas, Cathay Pacific, Asiana, JAL and American (for a US airline)

I absolutely try to avoid Air France, NW Airlines, Korean Air (has great service...but security is a bit shakey).

Definitely my Opinion,

Vincenzo

5th Feb, 2005 - 6:09am / Post ID: #

Airlines

Hi Gaucho, my family and I travel to Mexico every year with America West! My only complaint about the airline is that some of the airplanes are really really thin, and do not contain enough space for the carryons. The atmosphere in that airline is really enjoyable, though. I haven't been in long enough flights to taste the food.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Dec, 2005 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Airlines - Page 2

My daughter has a severe peanut allergy and up until now we haven't been able to fly with her because of the threat of peanuts on flights. It's not so much the airlines giving out peanuts as much as the airlines now encourage you to bring your own food onto planes to save them on feeding you. My daughter is very, VERY allergic. 1/100th of an ounce coming just in contact with her could kill her, so brushing up against someone who had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is all it would take.

We usually drive down to Florida every year, but as she is getting older she is getting into "are we there yet" every five minutes. I wanted to look into flying, so I emailed the airlines to see what their policies were on allergies. (It does actually fall under the Americans with Disabilities Act so they need to make accomodations) But, I wasn't going to put my daughter at risk with an airline that wasn't really willing to make complete concessions.

Jet Blue was amazing. I had a return Email back from them in less than an hour, personalized to me and my special needs. They also told us to inform the head attendant and they would tell the occupants of the plane that there was a severely allergic child on board and could they please refrain from eating any peanut-related items while in flight. (This really isn't a long flight, I don't think it's asking a whole lot). So, everyone cross your fingers for us in February. I'll post when it gets closer to the trip and I will DEFINITELY post about how it went on our return.

29th Mar, 2006 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Airlines Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

I have only flown with two airlines, the first being Monarch, they were great, and couldn't do enough to help us, the second being Mytravel,they were ok, but nothing to write home about.
When we flew with Mytravel, we were going to Florida as a family, we got pulled up by security and searched at Manchester airport, before we had even got in the queue!
Upon landing at Orlando, security were randomly pulling people over for security checks, again, we were pulled over and searched!
Upon leaving Orlando, we had to empty all our hand luggage onto a scanner, and again we were pulled over and questioned whether we were carrying a gun? apparently, 2 items out of my husbands hand luggage had crossed over, and under the scanner, it looked like we were carrying a hand gun.Security went through all our belongings again until they were completely satisfied that we weren't carrying anything that we shouldn't have.
Maybe we just look 'dodgy' laugh.gif
At any rate, I would rather be inconvenienced and know that security has been thorough, than sit on a plane hoping that nothing has been missed in other peoples luggage.
In my opinion, security is right to be stringent with people's luggage!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Airlines

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,