Genealogy Research: How Far Back? - Page 2 of 7

QUOTE I would love to find out more but it - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 28th Jul, 2004 - 8:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Some people have claimed to go back as far as Adam.
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2003 - 8:33am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Research: How Far Back?
A Friend

Genealogy Research: How Far Back? - Page 2

Hey Farseer. Any chance you might be related to the Freer family in New Paltz, New York? I found a cousin purely by accident at one of the genealogy libraries. We turned out to be 16th cousins, or however it is said. My mother's side has the French Huguenots from Germany. My father's side has a great grandmother who came from the French Huguenots from Ireland. I've managed to collect more info than research so far, but have several lines back to 1400s. Now my ex..he was related to Rolf, Duke of Norway, and Robert the Bruce. I have pirates in my side. They're much more interesting.(G)

Sponsored Links:
16th Nov, 2003 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Back How Research Genealogy

Hi pattyditz smile.gif   No Freer's that I know of -- the main Family name is Hasbrouck although there are different spellings -- Hasbrook, Asbrouck and Van Hasbrouck -- that are all on the edges of our group.

Pirates!!  That's exciting.

One of my favorite family stories is my ex-mother-in-law, my son's grandmother.  When she was a child in Oklahoma Territory around 1905 - 1910, she and her three sisters were at home while their parents had gone to town.  For some reason, they had a problem with harvesting a watermelon crop, and their parents had gone to town to find help with it.  While the parents were gone, an Indian gentleman came and stood in the dooryard and held out a coin to the girls.  It was a nickel.  Then he pointed to the watermelon field.  The oldest girl nodded to him and took the coin -- five cents for a watermelon was a pretty good price.  Well, the Indian whistled and waved over his head -- and every man, woman, and child in the entire group that had been waiting down the road picked up a watermelon on their way past.  The entire crop was picked and gone in less than 30 minutes.

I love that story.  But she never said if she and her sisters got in any trouble for that smile.gif

Roz

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2003 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Genealogy Research: How Far Back? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

A couple of months ago I was called as Branch Family History Consultant, and when I had my meeting with the Stake Family History Consultant two weeks ago, she gave me a 15 generation wall chart as a gift. I finally finished filling in what information I have to date. On my Dad's side I only go to my GGGrandparents sad.gif , but on my mothers side I go back 15 generations. That is just with 6 ~12th Great Grandparents. Mostly it goes back 13 generations. When I entered the names on this chart, I also put the ordinance initials next to their names, then highlighted them with yellow. So now I can tell at a glance whose work has been done.

This chart is available at Deseret Book for $.95 USD.

14th Jan, 2004 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Back How Research Genealogy

That sounds like a lot of research already done for you or did you find all those generations on your own?

Offtopic but,
That sheet you got is the legal sized paper that folds? I have seen them, they are very good. I found the Bookof Rememberance folders that keep them are much too expensive though.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2004 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Back How Research Genealogy

After reading some of these posts I have to reply.Some of you are very blessed with knowing where you come from.
I'm not too sure about most of my bloodlines,however,I do have direct ties to Milo Andruss.

Recently we had a family reunion in Utah(my family has been doing this for over 140 years).My Great uncle had a letter from around 1860 written by my GGGGGrandma(not too sure how many G's).In this letter she described the locust swarms,how she had scarlet fever and almost died,and how her father was a general in joseph smiths private militia.It brought tears to my eyes.

My mother currently researches our family tree,and so far it has been pretty exciting.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2004 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 14-Jan 04, 10:16 AM)
That sounds like a lot of research already done for you or did you find all those generations on your own?
Offtopic but,
That sheet you got is the legal sized paper that folds? I have seen them, they are very good. I found the Bookof Rememberance folders that keep them are much too expensive though.

The work was done by a couple of cousins, what is a real blessing is they included copies of their verifications! Not just a note that this information came froma birth certificate,etc. ~ but a reduced in size copy of the certificates, and they aren't even members - but they know I am and everytime they update me they
say, ..."Here ya go, get the work done for them..."

I am trying to get the living cousins to write to me and tell me things that they remember from their lives. If they find it difficult to write -arthritic hands- then just talk into a tape recorder and send it to me and I will transcribe it.

Offtopic but,
The sheet folds to become 8 1/2 inches X 11 inches, but unfolds to be 21 3/4 inches X 29 inches. And it fits into a regular 3 ring binder. That is what I use for my journal ~ a three ring binder, paper is always available

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jul, 2004 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Genealogy Research How Back - Page 2

My maiden name is Flaig and very little is known about it. I do know that my great-grandfather was born in Wisconsin, but where the name or family originates is a mystery. My dad's mom and grandmother were both born in Ireland. Their maiden names were Ryan and Blake respectively. On my mother's side I know that my great-grandmother was born in a small town somewhere near Manchester, England. She came to America at age 3. She married a man who immigrated from Germany. Mom's father was born in Luxemburg and came to this country as a baby. I would love to find out more but it can be very expensive to trace your roots and time consuming. I have always been fascinated by geneology.

28th Jul, 2004 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Genealogy Research How Back Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

I would love to find out more but it can be very expensive to trace your roots and time consuming. I have always been fascinated by geneology.

It doesn't have to be terribly expensive. Time consuming it is, but this is because you become addicted to it. There are many great databases you can search on the internet. Many for free, others for a small charge. The National Archives in the US has many satelite offices where you can search the microfilm for free. They will teach you how to do it for free as well.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Genealogy Research: How Far Back?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,