Borde Genealogy - Page 2 of 4

Name: Rboldeau Comments: Thats my question, - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Feb, 2011 - 3:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Feel free to also check my genealogy web site at: HERE
5th Feb, 2011 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

Borde Genealogy - Page 2

I'm interested in any names attached to or surrounding "Borde". Please note that "La Borde" is not the same. The Borde I am interested comes from "Man-Borde" and the origins of France.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Borde

Name TriniRoots

Comments: "Man-Borde" What do you mean? Are ALL Bordes in the Caribbean related to each other?

5th Feb, 2011 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Borde Genealogy Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

"Man Borde" was a nickname to the 'head' of the Boards of the time - Edgar Borde. All the "Bordes[/s]" are most likely related, but a lot of them do not know each other well.

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Genealogy Borde

Name: TriniRoots

Comments: Judging by pictures I have seen of different local Bordes it seems they have Bordes of several elasticities,

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Borde

Name: Edgar

Comments: That is not a problem especially with interracial marriages. All Borde's in Trinidad are blood related

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Borde Genealogy

Name: Rboldeau

Comments: Hello, I just came over from the Martinique side of the genealogy thread. My father told me this morning my great-great grandfather was from France, and first settled in Martinique, then somehow we made it to Trinidad. My last name is Boldeau, which is so close to Bordeaux.

I want so badly to find the history of my family!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Feb, 2011 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Borde Genealogy - Page 2

Interestingly enough that is one side of the story I have heard of how the Bordes got to Trinidad via Martinique / Guadeloupe. The Borde name was originally Bordeaux.

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

Borde Genealogy Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Name: Rboldeau

Comments: Thats my question, was the last name really a play on the location where they migrated from? Huh

The running joke in New York is that the reason so many Italians here are named Tony is on the luggage of the immigrants, workers marked "TO NY" meaning those were going to New York. To NY, Tony, get it?

Anyway, my ultimate goal is to find my French connection. I am going to email some family in Trinidad, I have an old uncle that might shed some light, but thats long shot. What do you know about these Bordes?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Borde Genealogy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,