Police want access to passport fingerprints -YLE

Police Access Passport Fingerprints -yle - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Aug, 2010 - 10:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Finland News - Helsinki Times is an independent weekly newspaper covering news and events in Finland.
Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2010 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

user posted image Local Finland News In English

The Finnish Broadcasting Company (YLE) quoted Mikko Paatero, the national police commissioner, as saying on Monday that the police wanted access to the new passport fingerprint database. Paatero told YLE that the fingerprint data could be used to help solve serious crime like homicides, sex crimes and drug offences. Under current legislation the police may access the passport fingerprint database only for the purposes of identifying a body should all other means fail. Source: Helsinki Times

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2010 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

-YLE fingerprints passport access Police

I believe that anyone getting their finger prints taken for any reason a copy of that fingerprint should go to the national archive of finger prints that any law enforcement officer can access in an attempt to solve a crime. I believe this will assist in a lot of the crimes that are currently unsolved being solved.

I would like to see all people be required to give their finger prints and a DNA sample to the government upon reaching the age of 18. I believe this would help with crime possibly being lowered.

> TOPIC: Police want access to passport fingerprints -YLE

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,