Marriage Through Your Mission - Page 3 of 5

So long as you were honest in your dealings - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Apr, 2004 - 7:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
16th Dec, 2003 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Through Your Mission - Page 3

Senior Single Sister missionaries have to follow all the same rules as the Younger Single Sister missionaries. Rules that are different apply only to Couple missionaries.

Sponsored Links:
16th Dec, 2003 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Mission Your Marriage

Yes, same rules applies for senior missionaries but of course because it's unlikely that a senior sister will be caught listening to Britney Spears on the radio some people assume the rules are not as strict as for the younger ones but the same rules applies for all single sisters no matter the age.

17th Dec, 2003 - 6:29am / Post ID: #

Marriage Through Your Mission Studies Doctrine Mormon

Aw, darn... so when I go on my mission in my 60's I can't be looking for a husband?? (*just kidding you guys*) laugh.gif

Honestly, I guess it's "human nature" to do weird stuff like that. But personally I wouldn't want to risk the wrath of God -- the whole mission would be a sham!

Roz

17th Dec, 2003 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Mission Your Marriage

Well, I knew a single (widowed) senior missionary. She was stationed at the Washington DC Temple. Her daughter and daughter's family lived in the surrounding area. She was allowed to visit with them on her days off. So, it seems some rules are not the same.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 17th Dec, 2003 - 2:06pm

17th Dec, 2003 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

Mission Your Marriage

Temple missionaries are not proselyting missionaries and so they are not under the same rules.

17th Dec, 2003 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Through Your Mission

Thanks. I didn't know it mattered. I did know there were proselyting and nonproselyting missions, I just didn't know the rules were different. Why are they different? Do you know?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Dec, 2003 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Your Mission - Page 3

In the Temple everyone that comes into contact with the workers are members, worthy ones to boot, so they have to 'convert' less. Their times are also different, 4am to 9pm, so they are in doors most of the day, they are therefore granted certain 'open' times to get the stuff they to done. Lastly, keep in mind that the visit with family may actually be considered a split and not 'free' time. Just as missionaries can split with members. However, with proselyting missionaries they have to meet the general public and therefore must be examples in everyway, they must be in twos, because that is the only way the message can be carried and last but not least, they are called as 'Minister to Preach the Gospel to Every Creature'.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2004 - 7:05am / Post ID: #

Marriage Through Your Mission
A Friend

Marriage Your Mission Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

So long as you were honest in your dealings with the Lord when you serve on your mission and that you had saved your feelings to yourself until you came off your mish. Good on you, Sister Fruean & Elder Hickman met on their mish they kept it clean & they are happily married. All the best for the future.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Marriage Through Your Mission

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,