Marriage Through Your Mission - Page 2 of 5

QUOTE I'm happy for her, that she - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Dec, 2003 - 5:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
15th Dec, 2003 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Through Your Mission - Page 2

Chener, so you are saying that you agree that you can marry someone from your mission or not? Or is it that you are saying that you could eventually marry them so long as you did not do any 'courting' while on your mission?

Sponsored Links:
15th Dec, 2003 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Mission Your Marriage

We had a pair of older, maybe 50-ish, widowed sister missionaries a couple of years ago. One was transferred to a different ward while she was still serving.

Last week, I ran into this sister (that was transferred) at the grocery store. I was happy to see her as we had lost touch. I asked why in the world she was still in town after so long?

"Oh, I got married!" she says. I just about fell on the floor. She is from the East Coast of U.S. and is now living here on the West Coast after getting married. She didn't go into too many details, but obviously met this gentleman on her mission.

I'm happy for her, that she was able to find someone. But you are now making me wonder if this is what happened, why she was "transferred" in the middle of her mission?

Roz

15th Dec, 2003 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Through Your Mission Studies Doctrine Mormon

Wow, I always associate this with young and hot blooded, but it seems that the more mature also 'suffers' from the 'on the mission blues'? Possibly, as I said elsewhere... could it be that these missionaries go abroad hoping to find someone and serve the Lord as a 'by the way' sort of thing?

16th Dec, 2003 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Mission Your Marriage

Wow, I always associate this with young and hot blooded
Hey, JB! Just because we get "old" doesn't mean we lose passion!! I don't know if she went on her mission to find a husband, but it certainly turned out that way.
Offtopic but,
If you want to know what it's like to age, just imagine your mind exactly the way it is now, in the body of your grandfather. That's how it is.... smile.gif Just a little something to look forward to laugh.gif

Roz

16th Dec, 2003 - 11:01am / Post ID: #

Mission Your Marriage

Farseer, I think you missed my reason for the statement, probably due to my lack of explanation. I am saying that with age comes wisdom so whatever passions you have should be better controlled. Thus it should be that an older person is more likely to keep away from what would be an immature or childish decision. Afterall, who would give up salvation for just a guy while in the most rigorous time of spirituality for the Lord? Those that are younger are not as wise and so fall or may fall more easily, this is not about age in itself, it was not my focus.

16th Dec, 2003 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Through Your Mission

Thanks for clarifying that smile.gif It is always my hope that I've gained (or will gain) wisdom through the years.

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Dec, 2003 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Your Mission - Page 2

could it be that these missionaries go abroad hoping to find someone and serve the Lord as a 'by the way' sort of thing?

Hmmm I know some missionaries like that *giggles* specially sister missionaries that they plan to go on missions and they already decide to whom they will get married too smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif

16th Dec, 2003 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Your Mission Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

I'm happy for her, that she was able to find someone. But you are now making me wonder if this is what happened, why she was "transferred" in the middle of her mission?

One of the reasons younger/traditional missionaries are transferred regularly is so that they don't become too attached to the members since their job is to focus solely on their mission. Are senior missionaries not transferred regularly?

I don't know the official policy on this, but for senior missionaries the rules are generally not as strict. I bet it isn't contrary to the rules of the mission for a senior to get involved in this way.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 16th Dec, 2003 - 5:28pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Marriage Through Your Mission

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,