War Of The Gods Side Stories. - Page 9 of 12

"hmph" he groans not enjoying being - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Oct, 2010 - 5:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 12 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
21st Oct, 2010 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories. - Page 9

OOC: Fair enough. Really I just wanted him for healing, so cure light wounds should do it. He doesn't happen to get another spell/day with the new level, does he?

No problem letting Brommeth stretch his legs and train a little, provided he is in the portable hole whilst the higher-ups are looking, and they try not to openly jump in and out of it. He'll probably keep Un'Rogaar on his toes a little more. Good for the sake of developing the friendship as well, I'd think.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Oct, 2010 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

Stories Side Gods The War

Brommeth begins showing you a fighting style that is less aggressive but more accurate and will slowly but surely bring the foe down, eventually when the ship stops you are given a choice to hand over your magic hole and items and travel freely or be transported by cage and deduct the cost from your winnings

22nd Oct, 2010 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories. Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Everything? Armor included? I didn't exactly pack casual clothes. At any rate, I'd prefer to be free and itemless, assuming I will get them back when I fight. What about Brommeth and Tal? I'll have to tell the captain about Brommeth if he takes the portable hole, yes? Could probably kill most of these people naked anyhow. tongue.gif

"Alright, but it would be wise to treat my sword with care ......."

22nd Oct, 2010 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Stories Side Gods The War

You keep your armor just no weapons, he asks you if Brommeth can survive in there, either way you get the idea they are not going to let him out.

You still wear shackles, but are told its for the guards ease of mind.
Tal fumbles around behind you, joined by chain to your shackles
You see all up he holds a party of 22
However once on shore only 8 remain with you him Tal and short beard as the rest go back to the ship.
(you and Tal would have entered the cage leaving the portable hole behind, once on land you still would not be released until they were set up and ready.

Looking around there is far too much gear for you few to carry.
Then almost appearing out of nowhere a herd of 10 camels and riders come along after a few short quiet words with the captain the lead rider gives a wave and the rest gracefully dismount and start loading up the camels.

The trip is long and exhausting under the hot sun and across the dry sand, these camel riders are wearing many heavy layers that conceal them from the harsh winds but also hide their identity.

You gather they are tribal and of the desert, a few scout ahead and return to differ the path ever so slightly. They are attuned to nature you watch as they call a stop to the march just to listen to the winds and watch the sands fall.

Night fall is still a few hours away but they just stop dismount and begin making a small camp, much to the dismay of the captain, but the sailors are more than happy to rest.
While you sit in a circle passing water skins around with the sailors who are swapping crude humor and complaining,(yet ignoring your presence) half the riders are asleep, three sit seemingly meditating while 2 scout, you see a tiny scorpion crawl out from the sand and make its way towards the captain from behind him stinger in the air.

23rd Oct, 2010 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Stories Side Gods The War

"Captain ....." He mutters quietly, moving quickly to flatten the scorpion under the hot steel of his gauntlet.

Un'Rogaar stands, proceeding to scrape the remains from his gauntlet and onto the sand next to the Captain. "Despite everything, it is not time for you to die. You have a part to play in this. You should watch your back."

He grunts, sitting as he gestures obviously at the waterskin.

OOC: I know you said no weapons, but I figured the gauntlet is part of the armor. Attacking at +8, 1d4+4 damage. I think it provokes an attack of opportunity still, so 19AC. In case of poison my fortitude save is at +8 now.

Reconcile Edited: Inferatus on 23rd Oct, 2010 - 5:30am

23rd Oct, 2010 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories.

No rolls or saves just one way or the other choice to see wich path you take. The small choices that effect the game play later that I normally don't tell you about but then I realized my guiness goes unnoticed....

Every one slow to react tenses or jerks up grabbing and drawing the nearest weapon, some one next to you grabs your arm and the captain falls back but by then you are already scraping the remains off your gauntlet and every one sighs and dosen't know what to say.

After six hours, the riders swapping shifts and the sailors over indulging on the limited supplies and not really resting, the riders gather the camels and begin moving on. It takes a bit for you and the sailors to catch up then the second long day of journeying begins in the dark. The riders strange small rituals continue as you proceed onwards.

When night begins to fall you are shown to a lean-to hidden under a dune,
The camels have food and are fed, the riders tend their weapons and armour and more are out scouting then before, you hear that you are now only a day away from your destination. The sailors soon fall asleep.

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 23rd Oct, 2010 - 4:18pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Oct, 2010 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

War The Gods Side Stories. - Page 9

After they arrive, and the chaos of making camp has settled, Un'Rogaar quietly moves towards the Captain. Whispering, he asks "Do you know what they are doing, with those rituals? I mean REALLY know ......?". He trails off, finding a comfotably tapered dune to relax in for the evening.

23rd Oct, 2010 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

War The Gods Side Stories. D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

"hmph" he groans not enjoying being at the mercy of the desert dwellers, "I don't understand their mystics, heck I'm yet too even see their face, but I'm sure this trip would be difficult with out them and so far we are safe so what ever they are doing I hope they keep it up."

The night is short and and travel starts suddenly and fast, about midday you notice the town in the distance, its small and compact, not to far from the mountains. It seems to consist of shonky shacks and large tents. Wood being the mains source for structure.

The camel riders drop the gear and dispart without a word, four in one direction the rest in another. The sailors are left to drag it.

Once you make it to the town the sailors collapse, exhausted. The captain and shortbeard leave you lot to guard the goods.
All manor of shady creatures eye you and the goods off occasionaly looking at the sailors with a smirk. Never before have you seen such a diverse crowd, Half orcs, goblins, deep races of different shapes and sizes.
A clan of drommites stop and way up the cost of the battle and the goods and decide it is not worth it. The sailors draw their swords as small and tiny creatures begin swarming around looking for over spill to scavange.

Eventually the captain and shortbeard return with some bug bears that help you move through the town. It seems to be some sort of black market, mostly dealing with slaves and whores. Secondly weapons in quantity also seen around are black magic and vile rare dark spell components along with things that are described as delicacies "not attainable anywhere else".

There seems to be some sort of law, as thin as the line is, tension floats in the air as the whole place feels as if its on the brink of a total chaos outbreak.
Noticing the small groups around that give the pressence of athourity you overhear the sailors whispering of them as the darkfire guild and having the scars to prove it. (Scars that you recognise from the halflings.)
You are led to a tent where the sailors takes the goods into and reside, the captain and his lackey retern with a troll who takes the place of the bugbears and leads you and Tal to the pits. Leaving the tent you pass a boar pen and notice some small animal cages within, a half orc and elf are trapped within, the elf is crying in desperation. The sound soon becomes ambient background noise as you barely notice it, as its far to common occurance in these parts.

You see the wooden steps that encircle the arena, reaching atleast 20ft high but are lead to a cellar door off to the side that leads underground, There is 20 ft path carved out of stone with a cell on either side and what appears to be a training room at the end. You don't get too see it as you and tal aare thrust into the two seperat !0ft square rooms and the iron bars slammed shut and padlocked by the troll. The captain comes up to your cage and in his hand he has a cloth that he wraps discreetly over the bar, "discreetly" he whispers to you then follows the troll out.

(sorry haven't proof read, feel free to ask any questions or put actions in that you may have taken along the way.)

+  « First of 12 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

> TOPIC: War Of The Gods Side Stories.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.