War Of The Gods Side Stories. - Page 10 of 12

The axe will be a d6-1 with a negative 1 to - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Oct, 2010 - 4:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 12 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
23rd Oct, 2010 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories. - Page 10

Un'Rogaar gestures the Captain over with his head on his return. "Are you certain you want me to remain unarmed here? Be carefull where you step. These people are jagged, and difficult to see. Be sure of your allies here."

"Tal!" He calls, once caged. "You remember what I taught you. You find a sore spot, and you thrust. Keep moving. Don't give them a stationary target." He then proceeds to test the strength of the bars, and lock.

OOC: I expect that this 'discrete' cloth is my portable hole, with my weapons? What do I remember about the way into this cell block? Well guarded? Strong doors? Did the Captain seem at all familiar with anyone he has dealt with since we arrived? These rooms are barred all the way around, or solid walls with barred doors?

Otherwise, +4str modifier. Make me a couple of rolls, see how I do. I'm more interested in their response tactics and times than I am with escaping. Not with Tal still caged.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Oct, 2010 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Stories Side Gods The War

The captain tells you he will see you soon he has other buisness to attend first.
He seems to be uncomfortable around these people but knows confidence is key to survival and to show knoe weakness, he puts alot of trust in his friend to watch his back.

Solid walls with barred doors, while testing them, you would have almost bent the bars and shacken it in its surrounds a little, with a bit of sheer force or aid it would be a possible escape. There were no guards on the way in, a padlock and chain across the wooden cellar doors. This particular holding/training cell seems to have been out of use for a while, past the training room will be a door way to the arena.
Think of the Oblivion arena only much much more cheap and shonky and decrepit.

Brommeth has gone 2 almost three days without food or water, If he is still in the hole.

Tal is obviously very scared.
he has no spells prepared as he wasnt comfortable praying during his trip but will begin now.

create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, ghost sound, guidance, light, mending, purify food and drink, read magic, touch of fatigue. (pick 3)

bless, burning hands, cause fear, command, comprehend languages, cure light wounds, detect chaos, detect evil, detect good, detect law, endure elements, obscuring mist, protection from chaos, protection from evil, protection from good, protection from law, sleep. (pick 2)

24th Oct, 2010 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories. Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I've still got 16 trail rations and two waterskins in my inventory. Presumably my bag was placed inside the portable hole when they took my items, along with my sword? I'll assume so.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Finding a quiet corner out of ready sight, Un'Rogaar opens the portable hole. Jumping down he checks his items are all present and accounted for. "Help yourself." He hurls his rations and a waterskin at Brommeth.

--------------------------------------------------------------

0 - Create water
0 - Ghost Sount
0 - Light

1 - Cure light wounds
1 - Cure light wounds

Burning hands and obscuring mist? This guy is really going to come in handy for an escape from this big wooden jail. tongue.gif

26th Oct, 2010 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

Page 10 Stories Side Gods The War

Well in that case consider the water gone and as for the trail rations I will say there are only two left, while on the ship food was only given for you and Tal and at times that probably wasnt even enough.

Brommeth is quite fine, a little moddy for being left in there for so long and as he is about to climb out to stretch his legs you hear the creaking of the cellar doors opening.

26th Oct, 2010 - 9:31am / Post ID: #

Stories Side Gods The War

OOC: Can Tal cast create water directly into the waterskins, or do I need to find something for him to cast it into? Oh, and are these people going to freak if I equip my weapons? Or is it expected that warriors for the arena are armed?

------------------------------------

Un'Rogaar quickly closes his portable hole and rather obviously moves to the front of the cage for a better look at who is coming.

26th Oct, 2010 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories.

Captain strolls down the stairs carrying a rusty woodchopping axe. "ah good your still here" He comes alone and stands infront of your cage and checks your locks as he begins talking.

Unfortuantly you are not fighting as a gladiator but a slave, so you cannot take in your armor or weapons, yet. Too obsured for a slave to posses that it would be your downfall, but on the good side I did manage to get you this,"
He leans the axe against your cage. He looks at it and wods his head slightly unimpressed.
"oh well, its quite simple really, when the gong rings check if the door is open if it is move forward and wait for the bars to drop, kill everything and make a good show of it, after be SURE to take their weapons and anyting valuable they might hold. Don't scavage over them like a vulture of course but don't miss anything valuable.

"Unfotunate for your opponent slaves fight to the death, no one wants to pay to spare a slaves life, even if they did they would lose all of the crowds favour and if allowed to return would surely not last. You shall see."

"As soon as we have some money for some more slaves I will send them in so all the fights will not be yours alone to deal with, keep them alive please. Also there is a guard posted just out side, he will knock and drop any special details down that you might need."

"The arena never sleeps, If you are late to a calling we will all look bad! do not lose the crowds favor, other wise we loose coin and most likely your life."

With that stern warning he turns and hands something to Tal then leaves. You can hear the chains and locks snap into place after he exits.
Tal looks slightly confused then holds up a large rusted ring with a key dangeling from it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Oct, 2010 - 10:06am / Post ID: #

War The Gods Side Stories. - Page 10

Un'Rogaar remains silent untill the Captain leaves. Eager to get started.

"What in the he|| does that open Tal? Try it on your cage!"

He proceeds to remove his platemail, carefully stacking it in the corner of the cell. Apprehensively Un'Rogaar wraps his oversized hands around the comparitively tiny axe. "Anything you can do to clean this up Tal?" He calls across the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: I'm going to want Tal to slot a mending spell into his brain in place of ghost-sound at his earliest convienience. In the meantime, what die does the axe use? Will I be attacking at a minus? And finally, can I use it two-handed? Additionally I have +1 search, +0 spot/listen. Just incase you need to roll for me to identify valuable items or anything.

27th Oct, 2010 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

War The Gods Side Stories. D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

The axe will be a d6-1 with a negative 1 to attackrolls aswell. It can be held two handed. With the mending spell and a bit of work you can remove the -1 to damage but not the attack. It just wasnt built as a weapon.

If you are interested in keeping Tal as your cohort I will let you roll him up and use him as a second character. He is pretty devoted to you as long as the demise of the captain eventualy comes. If you choose to make him, he is an adept (its in classes) and must have (not nesicerily maxed) Heal, knowlage religion, proffession herbalist (wich also acts as knowlage and grants a synergy to heal if using herbs)

The key did not work on his lock so he throws it over to you, It clicks and your lock falls to the floor.

Brommeth is quite displeased with the predicument he is in. He wont attempt anything drastic for now but you can tell he is growing tired of the hole and being caged and is not willing to wait as long as Tal for the blood of the captain.

For ease of time the rest of the room its almost exactly like from oblivion. Only no magical healing table and all the weapon racks are empty, a door leading in the direction of the arena is locked.

You hear the gong thunder loudly but alas the door is still locked, the first fight is not yours.

(Adepts, unlike wizards, do not acquire their spells from books or scrolls, nor do they prepare them through study. Instead, they meditate or pray for their spells, receiving them as divine inspiration or through their own strength of faith. Each adept must choose a time each day at which she must spend an hour in quiet contemplation or supplication to regain her daily allotment of spells. Time spent resting has no effect on whether an adept can prepare spells)
(If you roll up Tal and make him yours you can pick the time he renews spells or I will randomly roll it tongue.gif )

use the point buy system with 25 points
All ability scores start at 8,

9-14 each costs one point
15 and 16 each costs 2 points
17 and 18 each costs 3 points

Point value for individual abilitity scores
9 - 1 points
10 - 2 points
11 - 3 points
12 - 4 points
13 - 5 points
14 - 6 points
15 - 8 points
16 - 10 points
17 - 13 points
18 - 16 points

+  « First of 12 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

> TOPIC: War Of The Gods Side Stories.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.