War Of The Gods Side Stories. - Page 2 of 12

19 on the dive it goes smoother then possibly - Page 2 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Oct, 2010 - 12:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (12) »
15th Oct, 2010 - 8:06am / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories. - Page 2

OOC: Ok, can we pause for a moment so I can think this one through?

So if the cage is being lifted then my side presumably has an opening at the top? In your original post you said that it was lowered on the other side, then dragged to my side? If there is an opening on my side how large is it, and how securely is the cage pressed up against it? How long does it take to fold up a portable hole, and what sort of action would it be to remove the items that I wouldn't ordinarily be carrying (Lamp, Bottle of Air)? Finally, is there any way my character could make an educated guess as to when the warewolves will have concluded there transformation, with regard to the position of the bars? I mean, will I be able to get at them before they have transformed?

The way I figure it at this point I have four ways to action this situation, in order of preference:

1.) Put the sailor in my potable hole, climb over the cage and out.
2.) Get to the lycanthropes before they change, shove them in the hole, close the hole.
3.) Force warewolves into the portable hole, close the hole.
4.) Put the sailor in my portable hole, kill the lycanthropes/warewolves with my enormous sword.

Failing the above, throw the sailor my axe and let him try to protect himself. Answer the questions and I'll develop a more intricate plan. I'd like to try to get through this one without killing them, or getting killed, or getting this sailor killed. But beggars can't be choosers, in the end. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
15th Oct, 2010 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

Stories Side Gods The War

Yea there must be an opening above you but it wasn't there before so its new since you left, presumably for this purpose of being able to open 2 cages and let what ever was in them fight.

Looking up, you can see the edge of what looks like a simular hole as on the other side only this hatch is closed, there will however be a hole in the centre of the hatch for the chain. Climbing out isn't an option at the moment. Hatch is closed and cage is pressed firmly against the roof.

The bars in the centre are retracting upwards and if you squeeze underneath you may just make it to one of them while they are changing, (need an escape artist/tumble check to see how smooth you pull it off.) Will have to act immediately!

The portable hole can be picked up for free as part of your move action while you move past and drop to the ground, however removing one item will be a move action anymore that or that may require looking for or sorting, will become a standard to full action.

As you can tell your "friend" is realy scared almost too much so to act so I was thinking mybe a DC 10 intimidate check to get him to act, that can be yelled while you are on the move. If you wanted to try and get him to do something, of course the bigger the request the harder the dc.

16th Oct, 2010 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories. Archive Pathfinder / D&D

OOC: Ok, I think I have a plan, now just your opinion on some checks?

Tumble check to get under the bars, first. How high are you thinking as far as DC goes, and is it going to be the sort of check where if I fail I am stuck prone in front of a pair of hungry warewolves, or I make it under but look like a big clumsy giant?

Assuming I make the dive under the bars, my preference would be to get one of them into the portable hole, and close it, before the other get's too animal. I mean I can wear maybe 1 attack, but otherwise I think it's better if I just try to kill one before he changes. So is it possible to scoop with a portable hole? You know like upend it and throw it over the lycanthropes head or something? They're supposed to be 10ft across, so he'll fit pretty easily. Anyhow, if it is, what sort of dc are we talking? Is that like a melee touch, or something else?

Lastly, how will I go at dropping my axe as I bark an order at this sailor. I figure it'll be better if he has something to defend himself, rather than just cowering in a corner. You know, in case my plan fails horribly. If it isn't something I can also do whilst moving, I'll forget it.

After this, I think I'm ready to give it a shot. Need a state-save or something. I have a feeling this is going to hurt.

16th Oct, 2010 - 5:23am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Stories Side Gods The War

As this didn't all happen immediately you would of had a sec to ready your axe for him, the dc is around 15 fail slightly and you will still make it but may take damage forcing your way through. I will probably treat the hole as a net with a +2 difficulty and an unproficient item. If the tumble goes well the enemy will be considered helpless in its critical stage of transformation. The hole will need to be held shut so he cant escape.

16th Oct, 2010 - 6:09am / Post ID: #

Stories Side Gods The War

OOC: darn, I didn't think about him getting out. In that case I think I'll just have to kill them. What sort of DC would the intimidate check be to get this sailor to hold the hole shut whilst I deal with the other warewolf? And then what is the chance of him holding it for 3-4 rounds? That's pretty well my last idea, other than beating them to death with my sword.

16th Oct, 2010 - 11:11am / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories.

It will only be a dc 5, and he has the clamp that had you locked in the hole, you will need to hold it shut for a round while he sets it up,

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Oct, 2010 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

War The Gods Side Stories. - Page 2

Un'Rogaar bursts into action, scooping up the portable hole that had him held captive, he barks to his companion authoritatively "Bring that clamp if you want to live!". The burly half-giant dives for the narrow gap beneath the retracting bars.

OOC: +1 dex is all I have for the dive. +4 for the intimidate.

16th Oct, 2010 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

War The Gods Side Stories. D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 2

19 on the dive it goes smoother then possibly expected,
All in one swift movement you have swept up the hole (now a mere sheet) narrowly slid under the sharp pointed edges of the raising bars, commanded your friend and scooped the nearest epilepsing lycan (almost full wolf).

You friend is quick to follow behind you but then screams to a halt at the bars now 5 ft up. He points behind you and fumbles with the clasp dropping it.

The second wolf stands behind you in its monstrous hybrid form, it lets loose a blood raged roar and saliva sprays you all over.

Init

lycan 14
friend 11
You 8

The half wolf leaps and bites onto your arm, 6 damage, as it latches on tight shaking and pulling trying to bring you off balance and to the ground.
Your size and strength prove to be too much for it as you yank yourself free from its grasp. (it gets a free trip attempt on every attack that hits.)

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: War Of The Gods Side Stories.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.