Polygamy Experience - Polygamy Tours

Polygamy Experience Polygamy Tours - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 3rd Oct, 2010 - 12:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Tours to see Polygamy?
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2010 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Touring the polygamist heartland

A peek inside a polygamist community and their isolated way of life is now just a bus ride away for sightseers from around the world. Ref. Source 9

Sponsored Links:
30th Sep, 2010 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Tours Polygamy Experience Polygamy

international QUOTE
Holm says the tours do not promote plural marriage but raise the curtain on the lifestyle.

Which indirectly promotes it. Will you go on such a 'tour'?

1st Oct, 2010 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Polygamy Experience - Polygamy Tours Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

This is where the law may have to step in and it will be unfortunate for this family if it happens. Profiting off of a illegal activity is a good way to catch the attention of Law Enforcement.

The excuse is rediculous. It would be like me saying that the Pachinko place down the street from where I live doesnt promote gambling but just raises the curtain on the subject.

They better not advertise too much or they will be creating a showdown that they really don't want or maybe they do...

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 1st Oct, 2010 - 2:24am

1st Oct, 2010 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

It seems to me that these groups feel they are so much 'out there' already and possibly even under scrutiny by the law that the best thing they can do with all the negativity is desensitize the public about it. I don't know that I would actually take a 'tour' just to see a family though, there must be something more to it. Will this help America become more accepting of Polygamy - I doubt, but like you said - sorry for the family if the law steps in, more so sorry for the children.

1st Oct, 2010 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

I wouldnt say that they are really out there...it is more like "don't ask...don't tell". Everyone knows that they are there, but it is not discussed. Therefore, the law enforcement doesnt have to take any action because there is no complaints or real information flowing about the area.

I will say one thing...they better be paying their taxes on that money. While the regular law enforcement might turn a blind eye...the IRS could care less and will step in.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 1st Oct, 2010 - 2:38am

1st Oct, 2010 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
I wouldnt say that they are really out there...it is more like "don't ask...don't tell".

I guess for someone of us not exposed to that sort of thing it will seem that way but in the areas they are located it is well known. It is becoming popular. There are reality TV series and shows about this and more. For example:

* Sister Wives: Source 6
* My Husband's Three Wives: Source 6
* Polygamy: Forbidden Love - Source 2
* Big Love: Source 8

Then we need not go down the road of major publicity that Warren Jeffs and the Texas FLDS ranch caused.

international QUOTE
IRS could care less and will step in.

$70 for four hours, what does that include - lunch?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Oct, 2010 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Polygamy Experience Polygamy Tours

The 70USD must cover the gas required to get out there and back? Unless they had better rides, you wouldnt catch me shelling out that kind of money to watch people live.

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2010 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy Experience Polygamy Tours Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Name: Marci

Comments: I don't get this. What are you going to see different that you don't see in any other family? Maybe more rooms, a couple more women in the kitchen and then what? Not very entertaining to me.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Polygamy Experience - Polygamy Tours

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,