LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays - Page 26 of 42

Society makes up all kinds of rules to ensure - Page 26 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Jul, 2011 - 7:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 42 pgs.  22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30  ...Latest (42) »

?
Poll: What are your MAIN thoughts about Gays, Gay Marriage and Mormon Gays?
  God has explicitly condemned being gay as an abomination       26.92%
  God will not allow you to be gay if it is against his will       11.54%
  You are not born gay so you should not be gay       3.85%
  Gay attraction and homosexual acts are one and the same       3.85%
  Sometimes through unfortunate experiences people become gay       3.85%
  There is a difference between gay attraction and the act       11.54%
  You may have temptations but they should be controlled       7.69%
  People might have gay attraction but need to learn the right way       7.69%
  Gay or not we should show love and not judge       23.08%
Total Votes: 26
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Mormon Homosexuality Poster says, "At first I was against it because of the sanctity of marriage and it's eternal purpose, but now I am not sure. I agree that a Temple marriage can only be between male and female. This is because of the religious sanctity of marriage for eternity, for propogation and simply because that is how God intended it. However, the Church recognizes the validity of civil marriages that are only for this life and not eternity, even though this is not how God intended it. "Your view is... ?" Other interests: Gay and serve a mission? Boyd K. Packer's talk about same sex attraction.
LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays Related Information to LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays

NOTE: News [?]

LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays - Page 26

Mormon church was unfairly targeted over Prop. 8, BYU professor says

PROVO - Supporters of Proposition 8 came under fire from the national media and gay-rights activists, but none as much as the LDS Church, which became an unfairly overinflated target for the media, a BYU professor explained recently during a two-day Mormon Media symposium at BYU. Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
19th Nov, 2010 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Gays Mormon Marriage Gay Perspective LDS

Well I am not sure if the church was unfairly targeted since they actively participated in this political issue so I think they knew what was coming however, I think is more the fact that Mormons are always targeted you know what am I saying? No matter how mainstream the church has become there are issues people don't forget.

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2011 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays Studies Doctrine Mormon

U.S. Government drops defense of anti-gay marriage law

WASHINGTON - In a major policy reversal, the Obama administration said Wednesday it will no longer defend the constitutionality of a federal law banning recognition of same-sex marriage. Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2011 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Page 26 Gays Mormon Marriage Gay Perspective LDS

Gay marriage debate shows threat to religious freedom

That Elder Oaks" words were right on target needs little further evidence than some of the debate emerging following New York's recent decision to define marriage as including those who come from the same sex. Ref. Source 6

13th Jul, 2011 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Gays Mormon Marriage Gay Perspective LDS

My view is a bit different. I feel that if we do not want the gays telling us what we should do then we should not tell them either. There must be a separation between church and state.

18th Jul, 2011 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays

international QUOTE
My view is a bit different. I feel that if we do not want the gays telling us what we should do then we should not tell them either.

Which is not happening on the conservative side. Gays already have the same rights as everyone else. They may also marry under the same conditions as the rest of it. There is also no law preventing them from marrying whenever they want and in any state.

However, the state has no compelling interest to make this lifestyle choice a benefitted or protected class especially since they deviate strongly from the ideal.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jul, 2011 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective Gay Marriage Mormon Gays - Page 26

Bsspace:

international QUOTE
However, the state has no compelling interest to make this lifestyle choice a benefitted (sic) or protected class especially since they deviate strongly from the ideal.

Oh great, let's just put all the ideal people together and give them everything they can possible desire and the ones that are "Different" let's them stay in a corner by themselves after all, they seem to "deviate" from the ideal. Sorry gays and people with any sort of special needs. You're doomed. rolleyes.gif

18th Jul, 2011 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective Gay Marriage Mormon Gays Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 26

Society makes up all kinds of rules to ensure it's preservation and the proper raising of it's children. Certainly not unreasonable. Just because people like you have duped others into think that homosexuality is good for society doesn't mean it is.

> TOPIC: LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,