LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays - Page 35 of 42

No not at all I'm saying that if you - Page 35 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 28th May, 2014 - 3:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 42 pgs.  31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39  ...Latest (42) »

?
Poll: What are your MAIN thoughts about Gays, Gay Marriage and Mormon Gays?
  God has explicitly condemned being gay as an abomination       26.92%
  God will not allow you to be gay if it is against his will       11.54%
  You are not born gay so you should not be gay       3.85%
  Gay attraction and homosexual acts are one and the same       3.85%
  Sometimes through unfortunate experiences people become gay       3.85%
  There is a difference between gay attraction and the act       11.54%
  You may have temptations but they should be controlled       7.69%
  People might have gay attraction but need to learn the right way       7.69%
  Gay or not we should show love and not judge       23.08%
Total Votes: 26
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Mormon Homosexuality Poster says, "At first I was against it because of the sanctity of marriage and it's eternal purpose, but now I am not sure. I agree that a Temple marriage can only be between male and female. This is because of the religious sanctity of marriage for eternity, for propogation and simply because that is how God intended it. However, the Church recognizes the validity of civil marriages that are only for this life and not eternity, even though this is not how God intended it. "Your view is... ?" Other interests: Gay and serve a mission? Boyd K. Packer's talk about same sex attraction.
LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays Related Information to LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays
23rd May, 2014 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays - Page 35

international QUOTE
tubaloth, you're right. The Church is already involved and REALLY involved!

I know at the single's ward in California I just moved out of, they had a fireside to train the Saint's about Proposition 8, the proposed amendment to ban same sex marriage.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd May, 2014 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays
A Friend

Gays Mormon Marriage Gay Perspective LDS

international QUOTE (Happy_LDS)

Eag, how much do you think the Church should be involved?

I think telling people how to vote is crossing a boundary. But I think it would be completely appropriate for the church to outline why gay marriage is inappropriate, even giving money to groups that support prop 8 is appropriate because we have sustained our leaders to lead and handle the churches money. Now if you don't believe the use of our tithes to support those groups is appropriate you should pray about it and if you still don't agree with the leaders you have every right to not sustain the church leaders next general conference.

24th May, 2014 - 11:11am / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays Studies Doctrine Mormon

What makes you think tithing money was used for this purpose? Do you have any "inside" info? As far as I am concerned, money was raised and no tithing money was used.

Post Date: 25th May, 2014 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 35 Gays Mormon Marriage Gay Perspective LDS

The church as an institution donated money to an organization that was supporting prop 8. About 50% of the organizations total received donations in fact. I am not aware of another source of money that the church receives other than tithing. I suppose the money could have came from the churches investments but the money for the investments came from tithing.

26th May, 2014 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Gays Mormon Marriage Gay Perspective LDS

international QUOTE
I am not aware of another source of money that the church receives other than tithing.

I am surprised to read this. The Church owns several enterprises/businesses with no relation whatsoever with tithing. As a matter of fact, when the Church announced the building of that huge plaza/mall in Utah they did not use any tithing money for that purpose so I am not convinced tithing money was used for this purpose.

Post Date: 27th May, 2014 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think I knew that but wasn't thinking about it at the time. My original point remains. We sustain our leaders to lead and manage the church and its affairs. So if we believe that they our not using the churches money appropriately or in accordance with heavenly fathers will, you should not sustain them at the next general conference. Personally I don't think it was inappropriate to use money from any source in this way, I'm just trying to play devils advocate so to speak.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th May, 2014 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective Gay Marriage Mormon Gays - Page 35

international QUOTE
so if we believe that they our not using the churches money appropriately or in accordance with heavenly fathers will, you should not sustain them at the next general conference.

Your thought process on this issue is quite extreme. Church leaders use Church funds in lots of different ways that I may or may not agree with but it does not mean that because I disagree in some points I should not sustain them at the next general conference or are you saying that in order to sustain a leader you have to agree in everything they say and do while in that calling?

Post Date: 28th May, 2014 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

LDS Perspective Gay Marriage Mormon Gays Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 35

No not at all I'm saying that if you feel that strongly about the issue its an option. If you thought the leaders were leading the church astray or even inappropriately is that not an option you would consider?

> TOPIC: LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,