LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays - Page 36 of 42

I call them wicked, but that is only a very - Page 36 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2014 - 3:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 42 pgs.  32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40  ...Latest (42) »

?
Poll: What are your MAIN thoughts about Gays, Gay Marriage and Mormon Gays?
  God has explicitly condemned being gay as an abomination       26.92%
  God will not allow you to be gay if it is against his will       11.54%
  You are not born gay so you should not be gay       3.85%
  Gay attraction and homosexual acts are one and the same       3.85%
  Sometimes through unfortunate experiences people become gay       3.85%
  There is a difference between gay attraction and the act       11.54%
  You may have temptations but they should be controlled       7.69%
  People might have gay attraction but need to learn the right way       7.69%
  Gay or not we should show love and not judge       23.08%
Total Votes: 26
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Mormon Homosexuality Poster says, "At first I was against it because of the sanctity of marriage and it's eternal purpose, but now I am not sure. I agree that a Temple marriage can only be between male and female. This is because of the religious sanctity of marriage for eternity, for propogation and simply because that is how God intended it. However, the Church recognizes the validity of civil marriages that are only for this life and not eternity, even though this is not how God intended it. "Your view is... ?" Other interests: Gay and serve a mission? Boyd K. Packer's talk about same sex attraction.
LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays Related Information to LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays
28th May, 2014 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays - Page 36

Eag:

international QUOTE
all I'm saying that if you feel that strongly about the issue its an option.

Makes no sense to me but for the record, I do not feel "strong" about the issue, having said that I have my own opinion and share it which is, I repeat I disagree with the Church financially supporting a political venture such as this.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th May, 2014 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Gays Mormon Marriage Gay Perspective LDS

Sen. Hatch says gay marriage inevitable but religious rights being lost

Hatch said that gay marriage seems inevitable as courts across the country rule against states that ban the practice. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 31st May, 2014 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays
A Friend

LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays Studies Doctrine Mormon

Happy, I will agree with you as far as it should not be necessary for the church to fund political activist, I'm not willing to say its completely inappropriate though. I'm assuming that you believe that gay marriage should not be legal, would I be correct in that assumption?

1st Jun, 2014 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

Page 36 Gays Mormon Marriage Gay Perspective LDS

Eag:

international QUOTE
I'm assuming that you believe that gay marriage should not be legal, would I be correct in that assumption?

I am sitting on the fence on this issue but turning towards the fact that I DISAGREE with gay marriage and gay lifestyle BUT I do not believe we should LEGALLY stop them from marrying each other if they wish to do so.

1st Jun, 2014 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

Gays Mormon Marriage Gay Perspective LDS

Yes, I believe that the Brethren are inspired of the Lord on this issue. In the days of the Mosaic law, homosexuality was a capital crime. We don't execute homosexuals now, but I don't believe that the Lord has changed His mind on the issue. He is unchanging--the same yesterday, today, and forever. I think that He still feels the same way about it and if He had any say in the law, it would still be a capital crime. But since He doesn't, the doctrines and philosophies of men prevail, and we have to work within the political system, which is what the Church is doing. It is not a moral issue, just as President Hinckley said, and the Church has every right to become involved in moral issues, just as they have done in the past.

For one thing, if gays are allowed to marry, then it would be hard to say that they could not adopt children, and I think that it would be a terrible tragedy for any child to be raised in such a morally depraved environment.

1st Jun, 2014 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays

Eventually laws like this will crumble because the world is becoming more liberal. Besides a lot of people making the laws are gay themselves or have family members who are gay so how can this be stopped.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jun, 2014 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective Gay Marriage Mormon Gays - Page 36

international QUOTE (tragula)
For one thing, if gays are allowed to marry, then it would be hard to say that they could not adopt children, and I think that it would be a terrible tragedy for any child to be raised in such a morally depraved environment.

Oh please cry me a river. Morally depraved environment even if two gay people are decent, hard working folks who love and respect each other? How do you call the thousands of child abusers that are STRAIGHT who torture, rape and kill thousands of kids a day?

3rd Jun, 2014 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective Gay Marriage Mormon Gays Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 36

I call them wicked, but that is only a very small fraction of all the "decent, hard-working folks who love and respect each other." But perhaps you could answer a question for me: if you think that homosexuals are such great people, then perhaps you could explain to me why the Lord made homosexuality a capital crime under the law of Moses, and why He commanded that all homosexuals should be put to death. Did the Lord not know as much as you?

> TOPIC: LDS Perspective: Gay Marriage - Mormon Gays

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,