Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 14 of 17

Where is the statement from the First Presidency - Page 14 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Apr, 2010 - 4:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 
Some can't do without it, are they breaking the Word of Wisdom?
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2010 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?
A Friend

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 14

Did I say our Stake President is unworthy? Have you read what I said that I said I still sustain and follow his counsel? You can say that I can become like the mote in the eye if I said my Stake President is wrong and I don't sustain him because he's drinking coke. Understand what I'm saying?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

Name: Sam

Comments:

international QUOTE
"A friend, who served as a bishop, told me he attended a Priesthood Leadership Meeting in Provo, Utah many years ago, when the visiting General Authority opened a can of Coca-Cola at the pulpit, drank it, and asked, "Any questions?""

That never happened, it is a myth.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Where is your source information?

3rd Apr, 2010 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? Studies Doctrine Mormon

These stories remind me of "The son of my great-aunt who happens to be married the daughter of an Elder of the Third Quorum of the Seventy said..." Oh come on people.

I must admit I stopped drinking cola drinks for a long time but then I realize geez this is really silly, focusing on such unimportant things when we have to work on in the real issues you know what am I saying?

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2010 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 14 it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

I understand what you're saying, but you can't take away our choice not to drink caffeinated drinks like colas. Our Mission President from Idaho gave a mission rule not to drink colas because it is a drug and though not a very strong drug but it's addicting. Of course, this is not an official statement and everybody has a choice. When I knew that the First Presidency discouraged this, it was enough for me. Now, the son of your great-aunt said that this was silly, well it's like he's saying, "The First Presidency (or your Mission President) is silly". You know what am I sayin

Now, would you contradict somebody to drink colas because they won't while at the same time they also work most importantly on in the real issues? You understand what I mean?

3rd Apr, 2010 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

international QUOTE (mormonfriend @ 3-Apr 10, 5:26 PM)
I understand what you're saying, but you can't take away our choice not to drink caffeinated drinks like colas.

Okay and how exactly I was doing that?

international QUOTE
Our Mission President from Idaho gave a mission rule not to drink colas [b[because it is a drug [/b]and though not a very strong drug but it's addicting.

A drug? Wow, that's what he said?

international QUOTE
Now, the son of your great-aunt said that this was silly, well it's like he's saying, "The First Presidency (or your Mission President) is silly". You know what am I sayin

No I don't know what you are saying. How saying that focusing on such trivial matters such as whether I can drink Coke or not (and forget all about the real issues) is saying the First Presidency is silly? Please explain that to me. My statement was in quotes because I was trying to point out how we hear about these myths in the church that are promoted from generation to generation without no basis.

international QUOTE
Now, would you contradict somebody to drink colas because they won't while at the same time they also work most importantly on in the real issues? You understand what I mean?

Like I always say if a person is doing their HT/VT, taking care of the poor and the afflicted, magnify their callings as husbands and fathers, wives and mothers, are honest in all their dealings with their fellowmen, etc, etc etc etc and THEN have time to grow by following these counsels I think is great you know what I am saying?. The problem is that most times, they want to perfect in trivial things and forget all about those issues that Christ taught us. Thats my whole point.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2010 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's what our Mission President told us. You said it is a myth? Well, you have to read and find the First Presidency's message to that (though not an official statement), they're just discouraging it. Though some of us drink coke, it would not keep us from the temple as far as we don't transgress the grievous ones. So, you need some basis? Try to find out and study it out. Though I know some, well, the First Presidency's message IS ENOUGH FOR ME, understand what I'm saying?

Well, those people you're pointing that they want to perfect those you've said the TRIVIAL THINGS, and forget all about those issues that Christ taught us-it's their choice and you have nothing to do with them, but always remember that we can't judge them all, we don't know their hearts. Let's just focus on our weaknesses, imperfections and frailties. Try to understand those people you are pointing it's because our goal in this life is to be perfect-step by step.
If you say they do not focus on the things that are in the scriptures, give them time to improve, they are not perfect yet, LIKE YOU AND ME.

There are no such things as TRIVIAL if it comes out from the mouth of our First Presidency. Try to understand it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Apr, 2010 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - can't stop drinking it - Page 14

international QUOTE (mormonfriend @ 4-Apr 10, 5:17 AM)
Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's what our Mission President told us. You said it is a myth? Well, you have to read and find the First Presidency's message to that (though not an official statement), they're just discouraging it.

Lets not mix up apples with oranges, shall we? You said your Mission President said Coke was a drug, I asked for further clarification and you're now telling me to read the First presidency statement on that which (as far as I'm concerned) discouraged the use of the so called Cola drinks because of their addictive nature. They never said it is a drug (because its not) and if your Mission President said that it is wrong. Chocolate can also be addictive (as well as any other food and non-food items) and it doesnt make it a drug do you understand what am I saying? So again lets not get over the top.

international QUOTE
Let's just focus on our weaknesses, imperfections and frailties. Try to understand those people you are pointing it's because our goal in this life is to be perfect-step by step.
If you say they do not focus on the things that are in the scriptures, give them time to improve, they are not perfect yet, LIKE YOU AND ME.

Listen, I wasnt judging anyone. Pointing out facts in general isnt judging (but as members of the church we use that phrase so often when encounter with difficult topics). This is about what is truly important and what it isnt. And its fine with me since I am accountable for my own choices you know what I am saying?

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2010 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Coke Cola - can't stop drinking it Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 14

Where is the statement from the First Presidency that it is not a drug (though not really strong)? Oh, our Mission President was wrong? Have you've been on the mission before? If you were a full-time missionary before, then have you not heared or noticed that they were visited by our Apostles and other General Authorities? They have meetings together even at their Mission Homes, and they even sleep at these Mission homes. So, I guess you know what I mean.

As I opened an english dictionary, I turned to caffeine and caffeine means a stimulant. Now I searched for the definition of stimulant, and it is written here that stimulant is a DRUG, food, or drink that makes the body work faster, increases heart rate, and MAKES SLEEPING DIFFICULT. Now, you believe this? If not, look at a dictionary. Drinking colas is a drug forming habit because as I look back, my girlfriend (my wife now) confessed to me that she can't get away with colas because it really tastes good! But she said, she was being addicted to it, and she usually had stomach pains! I am even addicted with colas before, every snack I usually include colas and it's really addictive, the result was I couldn't sleep for the whole night! Because colas has high percentage of caffeine drug. You know what I mean?

And hey, I've got this article just this evening concerning caffeine at lds.org, an official website of our Church. Please find and read "The Energy Drink Epidemic" by Thomas J. Boud and "The Body is a Temple", by Pres. Thomas S. Monson. You will come to understand what caffeine can have a bad effect on us.

Ok, you're not judging, that's good. I repeat, what the First Presidency has discouraged IS ENOUGH FOR ME (this is a lot of times around). Even if it is not an official statement, still it is a big thing for me and not an unimportant things.

+  « First of 17 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 

> TOPIC: Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,