Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 15 of 17

Yes the commandments of abstaining from tea - Page 15 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th May, 2014 - 1:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 
Some can't do without it, are they breaking the Word of Wisdom?
4th Apr, 2010 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 15

international QUOTE (mormonfriend @ 4-Apr 10, 4:46 PM)
Where is the statement from the First Presidency that it is not a drug (though not really strong)?

Excuse me? Did you ever participated in a debate before? YOU made the statement that your mission President said the reason you guys shouldnt drink coke was because it is a DRUG. Now it is YOU who have to proof that the Church have taught that Coke is a DRUG. I do not have to prove they did not! It's silly. When you make an statement you better be prepared to back it up you know what am I saying?.

As I said before the Church have counseled against the so called Cola drinks because of their habit-forming characteristic but they never said it is a drug and if you are fighting that point then its silly because you know the church never said it was a drug because IF it was... It would be FORBIDDEN and its not. You can drink Coke until it comes out of your nostrils, and still be consider a member in good standing! (I am not saying it is the right thing to do but pointing out the fact it is a counsel, not a commandment)

international QUOTE
Oh, our Mission President was wrong? Have you've been on the mission before? If you were a full-time missionary before, then have you not heared or noticed that they were visited by our Apostles and other General Authorities? They have meetings together even at their Mission Homes, and they even sleep at these Mission homes. So, I guess you know what I mean.

No I don't know what you mean. Are you saying because Mission Presidents meet with General Authorities on occasion or regularly they always say the right thing? Geez you really have an issue with that, its kind of scary.

international QUOTE
Now, you believe this? If not, look at a dictionary. Drinking colas is a drug forming habit because as I look back, my girlfriend (my wife now) confessed to me that she can't get away with colas because it really tastes good! But she said, she was being addicted to it, and she usually had stomach pains! I am even addicted with colas before, every snack I usually include colas and it's really addictive, the result was I couldn't sleep for the whole night! Because colas has high percentage of caffeine drug. You know what I mean?

*sigh* I really do not know how to get through to you. I do not have a problem with the BAD effects of Coke! I KNOW they do! Geez. My point is that (and always have been) about focusing on these things when a person misses the bigger issues, do you understand that? And the fact that the counsel is NOT a commandment and if it IS indeed a drug then it would be FORBIDDEN. I don't know how to explain it anymore.

international QUOTE
Ok, you're not judging, that's good. I repeat, what the First Presidency has discouraged IS ENOUGH FOR ME (this is a lot of times around). Even if it is not an official statement, still it is a big thing for me and not an unimportant things.

Great! Your view, your opinion!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2010 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

Name: Nick

Comments: It's not whether or not it's a big deal to drink Coke, it's whether or not it's right.

Just be thankful your not trying to kick crack or something!

And here's what makes it not right. It's not so much the horrible and awful effects of all that bad caffeine to your body that is an issue here.

The wrongness lies within the motives of the producers of caffeinated anything except aspirin.. It's there for a crappy reason...To get you to never stop drinking it!

Should we enjoy being exploited by other people out to make some bucks at our expense of addiction?

That's the bigger issue. I'm pretty sure that Coke is not going to prematurely end our lives on any grand scale.

It's being used by others that seems a far more unattractive thing to subject myself to that would get to me...I'm my own man and not some slave to someone else's greed...How bout you?

Lets say we kick their money greedy --- and don't give them the satisfaction of purchasing a Yacht at our expensense

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2011 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Coca-Cola contained Coca (whose active ingredient is cocaine) from 1885 to 1903.

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2012 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 15 it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

Alcohol In Coke

According to 60 Millions, the presence of other "controversial" ingredients such as phosphoric acid or ammonia-sulfite caramel E150D food coloring were present, the latter of which is listed as carcinogenic in California.
The cola companies changed their recipes after the discovery in California but have no plans of doing so for Europe. Ref. Source 5

1st May, 2014 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

Do you think drinking coke and decaf coffee goes against the Word of Wisdom? Why/Why not?

1st May, 2014 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?

Even though we have been counseled not to drink cola drinks, it is not against the Word of Wisdom. I don't drink cola drinks but don't see it a big deal those who do. By the other hand, decaff coffee I believe personally goes against the Word of Wisdom. The WOW doesn't speak at all about caffeine but coffee and tea and since decaf coffee still coffee then I think is against the word of wisdom.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th May, 2014 - 3:28am / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - can't stop drinking it - Page 15

Interesting points CM. Personally I believe we should abstain from any substance that may be harmful to us, maybe for me is a huge plate of spaghetti and chili and for you is ice-cream. We have guidelines to follow (Tea, coffee, etc) but also "personal" ones we should be aware of.

Post Date: 4th May, 2014 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?
A Friend

Coke Cola - can't stop drinking it Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 15

Yes the commandments of abstaining from tea and coffee are important, and to me, drinking coke, or becoming addicted to anything is against the word of wisdom. However, it is good to remember in life everything needs be in moderation.

+  « First of 17 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 

> TOPIC: Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,