Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 17 of 17

There is no policy, law or commandment that - Page 17 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 27th Jan, 2015 - 10:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  13 14 15 16 17 
Some can't do without it, are they breaking the Word of Wisdom?
7th May, 2014 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 17

In 1972, the year the Lakers won the championship, the First Presidency issued a statement counseling against the use of caffeine drinks. It was counsel, not a commandment. But I wonder if their counsel should not be enough for us. Strictly speaking, caffeine drinks are not against the letter of the WoW, but perhaps they are against the spirit of it.

Sponsored Links:
8th May, 2014 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

Counsel is counsel, is not a commandment. Same thing with beard and hairstyles, etc. I don't think we need to be guided in all things specially in petty things such as this.

8th May, 2014 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Yes, you are right--counsel is counsel and not a commandment. I think that it would nice if we did not need to be guided in all things, but if the Brethren offer us counsel, I think that we should think twice before rejecting it.

10th May, 2014 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Page 17 it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

The only issue I have with topics such as this is the fact that we may focus on not drinking Coke and at the same time we do not do our HT/VT. It's silly to me.

10th May, 2014 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

It would be nice if everyone did everything that their supposed to do, but I doubt whether any of us does, and I would rather have people doing something right rather than nothing.

27th Jan, 2015 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?

There is no policy, law or commandment that says we should not drink Coke, so why even make it a state of worthiness. From a totally health angle Coke as well as other soda drinks should be given up totally, but that's a personal position.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,