Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 5 of 17

I generally drink a Diet Coke everyday for - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Mar, 2004 - 11:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (17) »
Some can't do without it, are they breaking the Word of Wisdom?
14th Nov, 2003 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 5

I wouldn't drink it.

Very good. The herbal stuff is also good and is not tea as many confuse. We have a thread about that somewhere on here.
Offtopic but,
Once again, please learn how to make the quote and offtopic tags. Thanks.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2003 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?
A Friend

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

hi everyone,
this  is a  interesting topic we discuss here I am a choclate lover  and coke drinker but  I think  Choose  The Right will  be  ok.....

But I know for sure that  the problems with us  peeps that we try to judge others I think coke is  ok you can drink  it  but not with  any medicine it make  you drunk...
that's  fact though

i want to know more about  the choclate  I  didn't know  about it.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2003 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (pacifikgirl @ Nov 19 2003, 12:36 AM)
I think coke is  ok you can drink  it  but not with  any medicine it make  you drunk...
that's  fact though

By 1903, the use of cocaine was controversial and "Coca-Cola" decided to use only "spent coca leaves." It also stopped advertising "Coca-Cola" as a cure for headaches and other ills.

COCA-COLA HISTORY AND COLLECTING

So the only way you can get a 'drunk' reaction from mixing Coca-Cola with medicines is if the medicines react adversly with caffine and/or the carbonation.

29th Nov, 2003 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

But I know for sure that  the problems with us  peeps that we try to judge others

No one is judging anyone, the idea here is discussion to become enlightened about what does count and what does not count in the eyes of the Church and the Lord. We have already determined the Spirit of the law concerning Coke and similar drinks.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2004 - 10:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

i think wasn't the word of wisdom about a) being healthy and cool.gif being in a consciousness where we can discern the promptings of the spirit? also i don't think there is caffene in choc, although everyone seems to think there is; any substance is discouraged i think in the church, if it is addictive! because this is generally bad for us emotionally! i am partial to an occasional coke, but only occasional mind. i don't see what the temptation is, for myself even. coke is pure sugar drink man!! apparently sugar bleaches the calcium out of your body - lovely!! ghumph. tongue.gif

14th Mar, 2004 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

i don't think there is caffene in choc, although everyone seems to think there is

Hi Ghump. I found this information: "Chocolate contains both caffeine and theobromine (a metabolite of caffeine), which are chemically related compounds from the methylxanthine group. Caffeine is found in coffee, and to a lesser extent, in tea, cola and chocolate products"

You can check this link: https://www.chocolateinfo.com/cf/cf_article_02.jsp

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2004 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Coke Cola - can't stop drinking it - Page 5

I, too found this:

There are about 5 to 10 milligrams of caffeine in one ounce of bittersweet chocolate, 5 milligrams in milk chocolate, and 10 milligrams in a six-ounce cup of cocoa; by contrast, there are 100 to 150 milligrams of caffeine in an eight-ounce cup of brewed coffee. You would have to eat more than a dozen Hershey Bars, for example, to get the amount of caffeine in one cup of coffee. https://www.godiva.com/about/chocolate_trivia.asp from Godiva Chocolate.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2004 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Coke Cola - can't stop drinking it Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

I generally drink a Diet Coke everyday for lunch at work. Haven't got addicted yet. As far as being against the word of wisdom, i do not think it is. The only reason this is an ongoing point of confusion among church members is because of the caffeine.

But nobody ever said caffeine was the reason coffee and tea were prohibited. Not Joseph Smith, not Brigham Young, not the Lord. People are assuming caffeine is the reason for the ban and then start inventing their own rules about what else is in violation of the w of w. These are teachings of man and not of God. No Prophet or Apostle has ever included caffeinated soft drinks as part of the ban. As has been pointed out above, some have said they do not use it but that is a personal choice.

I would find it hard to believe that when the judgement day comes and the Lord is interviewing you he will say, Well, you lived a great life, served in my church in many leadership positions, helped the needy, fed the poor, testified of my gospel, brought many into the kingdom, but you were a coke drinker. The telestial kingdom for you. I really do not think the Lord cares whether we drink Coke or not. As members, we sometimes try to worry about things that are not important.

By the way, on another on line forum, a poster who claimed to work at the Church office Building in Salt Lake says Thomas Monson chugs down Dr. Pepper like it's going out of style.

LDS Forever, if you read this, do you drink Yerba Mate? For the benefit of all others, yerba mate is a tea like beverage common in Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. It supposedly contains mateine, a derivitive of caffeine but is consummed in large portions by faithful members in South America.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (17) »

> TOPIC: Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,