Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 7 of 17

I have been staying out of this conversation, - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Jun, 2004 - 1:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (17) »
Some can't do without it, are they breaking the Word of Wisdom?
20th May, 2004 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 7

Well, the trouble with the statement you quoted is that decaffeinated coffee is not caffeine free. It does not totally remove the caffeine from coffee. Also, as we have already established caffeine is not a prohibited substance so I have to doubt the statement's authenticity or else it was made before he was president and offered as his opinion not doctrine.

You have actually in your post actually mentioned the most valid reasons why drinking coffee is against the Word of Wisdom. We have not been told what it is about coffee that causes it to be prohibited. We have only been told it is prohibited. So, while it may be true that if all the harmful ingredients are removed it would be o.k. to drink it (and I am not necessarily sure that is true either), if we don't know what the harmful ingredient is that we should not be consuming how can we know when it is removed?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st May, 2004 - 7:00am / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?
A Friend

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

To any Argentines, is Yerba Mate considered in the same category as Coke or is it like tea and coffee? I hear it has caffeine or something similar, but that it is enjoyed in Argentina by members.

Post Date: 21st May, 2004 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? Studies Doctrine Mormon

When I was in Argentina on my mission, pratically all members drank Yerba Mate while Coke and other caffeinated soft drinks were avoided. As a missionary, we were not suposed to drink mate the traditional way with the bombilla, ( metal straw, shared by others) but we were allowed to drink mate cocido, which is prepared and drank from a cup.

A few years ago, I started reading all about Yerba Mate on the web and most inforation seemed to indicate it is a healthy drink. Apparently, it does not contain much if any caffeine but it does have a substance similar to caffeine called mateine. Supposedly, mateine contains all the good effects of caffeine without the bad effects. I am a regular drinker of yerba mate today as it is becoming more available in the U.S. Below is some info:

https://noborders.net/mate/

21st May, 2004 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

I checked out the link. This seems like a wonder herb. I am going to have to see if I can find any. Since it is not made from tea leaves, it is not a tea, and it is not coffee, so it shouldn't be against the Word of Wisdom. It is not addictive and doesn't appear to have any harmful ingredients or possible side effects so I can see no problem with drinking it.

21st May, 2004 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

To any Argentines, is Yerba Mate considered in the same category as Coke or is it like tea and coffee? I hear it has caffeine or something similar, but that it is enjoyed in Argentina by members.

No, it is not. Just as Gaucho and Tena pointed out. Yerba Mate is a healthy herb and the people use it freely. BUT you need to have a taste for it, most people I know who are not Argentinians have to get used to the taste. I don't drink much mate because I don't like to drink it alone but I do drink mate cocido (just like a tea). It taste delicious. In the US is widely available now.
But definetly is NOT an addictive substance although if you see the Argentinians drinking it every day you may think the opposite wink.gif

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2004 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hi folks, whether you drinks Colas or not is of course up to you. I just wanted to add a thought; Over all the many years that I have had interviews with Bishops, Stake presidents and GAs for everything; Mission Call, Temple Recomends.etc. ad infinitum....

Not once have I ever been asked if I drink Coke.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jun, 2004 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - can't stop drinking it - Page 7

Not once have I ever been asked if I drink Coke.

Yes, we have already made mentioned of that point, but you know, there are lots of things that do not get asked of us that are just as important... for instance.. you will not be asked if you do your home teaching, but it does not mean it should be forgotten, you will not be asked if you eat lots of chocolate, but it does not mean you should stuff yourself with Mars bars and Snickers..

Offtopic but,
By the way, please update your profile. Check the FAQ board if you do not know how to. Thanks.

10th Jun, 2004 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - can't stop drinking it Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

I have been staying out of this conversation, but have something to add now.

I am having a sleep study next week. In preparation for that, my doctor told me that I must stop drinking colas, as they need to have as "clean" a test as possible.

Now, I have been drinking as much as 2 liters per day, for quite a long while. Usually the minimum has been about 50 ounces (about 1.5 liters).

But, I haven't had any now for over 3 weeks. It took almost two weeks to get over the headaches. I am extremely sleepy at various times during the day.

But, I have broken the cycle, at least for now. I have previously lasted up to about six weeks. I am certainly trying to keep up the momentum, this time.

> TOPIC: Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,