Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 2 of 17

[quote] He replied the "The Coke" - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Oct, 2003 - 4:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (17) »
Some can't do without it, are they breaking the Word of Wisdom?
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2003 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?
A Friend

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 2

Yes, to this day, every LDS Church Activity I have attended has some Cola/soda Beverage served at it.  Of course, there are some that serve Cool-Aid punch - full of sugar and artificial sweeteners that are almost as bad for our health as sodas are.  I agree with you though that we should strive to live the spirit of the law to the best of our abilities.  

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jan, 2003 - 7:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

I'm a student at Augustana in Camrose, Alberta, Canada, and all I have to say on this subject is neatly summarized by this article.

I find it interesting that the lack of competition makes Coke cost 1.25 Canadian here, where at the one University left that doesn't have some sort of "arrangement" that Coke costs around 0.50 Canadian.

Cola companies are so evil.

Oh, and by the way -- vending machines kill.

Post Date: 28th May, 2003 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think it is a sin to drink coke simply because it taste so bad.  Pepsi is much better.  

The Word of Wisdom does not nor can it prohibit cola drinks because they did not exist when Joseph Smith was around.  I have learned that the actions of General Authorities should be understood in the light that they are keeping with certain written rules, because the word of wisdom does not prohibit drinking coke and because GA's sometimes drink it does not make it good for your body.  In fact it is not.  People say a lot about moderation, but what is moderation but a cheap justification?  I drink Pepsi in the light of the fact that I know that I'm an addict.  I don't justify it nor encourage others because I don't want them to kill themselves off like I am doing to myself.  But I like to hear people talk about moderation, that is funny, because what it usually means is they will drink pepsi in moderation, coke in moderation, mountain dew in moderation, etc, add up all the name brands taken in moderation and what do you get?  Simple you get a guy drinking all the same bad stuff that he would have had if he would just drink pepsi in excess.

28th May, 2003 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

[quote] I drink Pepsi in the light of the fact that I know that I'm an addict.  I don't justify it nor encourage others because I don't want them to kill themselves off like I am doing to myself.[/quote]
:spock: Is this daily confessional? LOL

What about where they say, 'No! No! I do not drink coke', then they walk over to the table and eat a whole turkey leg! :smile.gif As for coke and pepsi, wow, drop a rusted nail in it, wait a couple of hours and you have a nice new nail!

28th May, 2003 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

BrianT...drinking Pepsi? *LDS_forever cover her mouth in sign of horror* LOL
I cannot believe that! If you're an addict to Pepsi that's the best reason to give it up man...what are you waiting for?. That thing cannot control your mind and body!. :smile.gif

Post Date: 29th May, 2003 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Just because I'm an addict does not mean I drink it on a daily basis, when I say I am an addict I am taking personal responsibilty for my own actions and I am willing to admit my faults.  Besides addictions are something to combat with self mastery.  (I only had a sip of my mom's pepsi yesturday besides that I have not had anymore)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Oct, 2003 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Coke Cola - can't stop drinking it - Page 2

Last year I recieved a visit from the missionary companion that trained me for 8 months in the Tongan Islands.  I hadn't seen my companion for nearly 20 years so the reunion was wonderful.  During the week he helped me go into the mountains and collect large bolders for a wall I was building.  On one of the return trips we stopped in Rexburg Idaho to get gas and a drink.  He grabbed a fruit drink and I grabbed by Diet Coke. As we sat in the car he said.  "Oh I see that you are now weak in the church".  I said "What are you talking about".  He replied the "The Coke"  I laughed and told him that if I was weak I would have grabbed a     .  He said, no you are a week man.  I got a chuckle out of the whole thing.

19th Oct, 2003 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - can't stop drinking it Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

[quote] He replied the "The Coke"  I laughed and told him that if I was weak I would have grabbed a     . [/quote]

Sorry if you was weak you would have grabbed....what?

[offtopic] Wow you served in the Tongan Islands, I hear so many great things about the islands, I live in one too here in the Caribbean, Trinidad and Tobago island. smile.gif [/offtopic]

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (17) »

> TOPIC: Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,