Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 12 of 17

My feelings on this are that no one ever said - Page 12 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Oct, 2009 - 10:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (17) »
Some can't do without it, are they breaking the Word of Wisdom?
1st Nov, 2007 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? - Page 12

Spencer W. Kimball said it is in the Miracle of Forgiveness. He also mentions chocolate too.

Sponsored Links:
1st Nov, 2007 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

I do not believe (if memory serves me right) that he actually says it is against the Word of Wisdom. I believe his mention of it was to show the spirit behind the law. It is like not smoking, but eating like a hog. Eating like a hog is not against the Word of Wisdom, but it certainly is against the spirit of it.

1st Nov, 2007 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it? Studies Doctrine Mormon

So then its okay to drink coke then? I see a few other Members drinking it and never thought about it as a big deal.

2nd Nov, 2007 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Page 12 it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

Jen sounds like you are looking for an excuse to keep on drinking it? Whether or not it is against the Word of Wisdom I can tell you that the stuff is real bad for your system. You may as well start drinking turpentine.

30th Nov, 2007 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

it drinking stop cant - Cola Coke

Drinking Coke isnt against the WoW, addicition to Coke is against the WoW. That said, addicition to anything isnt spiritually beneficial at all.

29th Oct, 2009 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?

I think the title of the thread reads an addiction. Anytime you have reached the stage of saying to yourself "I can't" with any substance then the substance has control over you because you allowed it. If you can't eat anything or drink anything without Coke then there is a problem there.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Oct, 2009 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - can't stop drinking it - Page 12

If I am not mistaken, it was President Kimball who started the advise about Cola drinks? I never liked Coke, I was always a 7up fanatic. However, I don't think someone who drinks Coke is breaking the WOW.

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2009 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?
A Friend

Coke Cola - can't stop drinking it Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 12

My feelings on this are that no one ever said not to and there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. But if you are concerned with living the higher standard of "Health-Freak", then soda altogether, caffienated or not, should be strictly prohibited.

> TOPIC: Coke Cola - I can't stop drinking it?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,