Your Tribe? - Page 5 of 5

I am firmly of the tribe of Ephraim. But the - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Sep, 2004 - 4:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2004 - 10:09am / Post ID: #

Your Tribe?
A Friend

Your Tribe? - Page 5

Both my parents are of the tribe of Ephraim. I am of the tribe of Manasseh.

(In my experience, there are very discernible tribal differences. I can tell an Ephraimite from someone of the tribe of Manasseh just by talking to them. There is no need for them to tell me their tribe.)

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jun, 2004 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

Tribe Your

Buggeyes, could you elaborate on that (what are the very discernable differences)?

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2004 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Your Tribe?
A Friend

Your Tribe? Studies Doctrine Mormon

My son just got his Patriarchal blessing yesterday. My daughter got hers about 6 months ago, two different Patriarchs as the one for my daughter was called into the Temple presidency. Both great blessings and both from Ephraim as both my wife and I are.

My daughter was told to use her blessing as a Liahona. Just as Lehi could look at the Liahona for guidance, so she too can look at her blessing for guidance. Ten years from now it may give her specific guidance for her life at that time that she does not see today. It was a great blessing full of promises.

The new Patriarch handled the blessing a little different. He was called by Elder Ballard and he reviewed the scripture in the D and C where Oliver was unable to translate because he was unprepared. Elder Ballard empahsized this scripture and challenged him to be prepared to give the blessings. So our Patriarch now inteviews the candidate a couple of weeks prior to giving the blessing. He fasts and prays and goes to the temple for inspiration and actually takes notes of the inspiration he gets. He then met with my wife and I, along with our son and shared some of the promptings he received. I won't go into the details but it was a tremendous experience. He then gave him his blessing. Quite long I might add, much longer than mine.

Both Stake Patriarchs were close to the Lord, what an honor to have that calling. One that I would not be able to accomplish, at least not at this time in my life. Maybe thats why Patriarchs are usually older men. It takes that long to get close enough to the spirit to be able to fulfill the calling.

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2004 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Your Tribe?
A Friend

Page 5 Tribe Your

I am firmly of the tribe of Ephraim. But the patriarch silenced on my mom pat. He had a hard time decideing wether it was manasseh or Ephraim. She has a lot of american indian blood in her. So much that the patriarch told her she could have easily gone to Manasseh. My Dad was told he was a direct decendant of Joseph who was sold into slavery. We are all very white accept for my sister who the patriach had a hard time saying what tribe she was from. But she is very spiritual. And my Mom is too. Skin tones?? Maybe not?? BUt my mom is dark to?? The real question is where are the rest? But I wont get into my theory about it.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Your Tribe?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,