Your Tribe? - Page 2 of 5

I'm also of the tribe of Ephraim.  Ephraim - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 26th Oct, 2003 - 3:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
22nd Oct, 2003 - 9:21am / Post ID: #

Your Tribe? - Page 2

[quote]That maybe true but I noticed that most of the descendants of 'Lamanites' (south american people) are from Manassah.[/quote]
Lehi was of the tribe of Manassah.  Since it appears that most native or aboriginal Americans (both North and South) have Lehi in their ancestry, this is probably not all that strange.

NightHawk

Sponsored Links:
22nd Oct, 2003 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

Tribe Your

Mine says I'm a descendant of Joseph, of the lineage of Ephraim.  Does that make sense?  I am woefully ignorant on this issue.

I recently received a new copy of my blessing, which was "lost along the way" ...  I hadn't read it in probably 20 years.  Amazing, awesome things in there that, if I had understood and followed 20 years ago, would have made my life very different indeed.

I'm making up for some serious lost time.

Roz

22nd Oct, 2003 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

Your Tribe? Studies Doctrine Mormon

[quote]descendant of Joseph, of the lineage of Ephraim[/quote]
Based on what I said earlier, many would say that you are of the literal blood line.

[quote]Amazing, awesome things in there that, [/quote]
Yes, less active or not, if I too had paid greater attention I am sure I would be better off now.

22nd Oct, 2003 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Tribe Your

[quote]Mine says I'm a descendant of Joseph, of the lineage of Ephraim.  Does that make sense?  I am woefully ignorant on this issue.[/quote]
There were twelve tribes of Israel.  One (Reuben?) was disinherited, at least for the Priesthood.  Joseph had two sons, Ephraim and Manassah.  They each received a blessing and lineage.

So, yes it does make sense.

NightHawk

23rd Oct, 2003 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Tribe Your

[quote]
There were twelve tribes of Israel.[/quote]

;D  Okay, well I knew at least this much....

JB said [quote]Based on what I said earlier, many would say that you are of the literal blood line. [/quote]

Well, isn't that interesting?    There is so much I need to study and I want to know everything *right this second*...  How'm I going to learn it all ? ? ? ?

Roz ( I know, I know... one page at a time...)

23rd Oct, 2003 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

Your Tribe?

[quote]Okay, well I knew at least this much.... [/quote]
I figured you did.  You would be amazed how many people don't know that one of the sons was disinherited, and that the two sons of Joseph made up for it.

I can never remember which son was disinherited......

NightHawk

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Oct, 2003 - 11:13am / Post ID: #

Your Tribe - Page 2

[quote]  I can never remember which son was disinherited...... [/quote]
That would be 'Dan'. Don't ask me how, but there was a Sister I knew that said she was from that tribe.

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2003 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

Your Tribe?
A Friend

Your Tribe Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

I'm also of the tribe of Ephraim.  Ephraim and Manassah are the two most common tribes attributed to individuals today.

I had a bishop who was of the tribe of Levi.  He was supposed to be a direct descendent of Aaron, according to his patriarchal blessing.  He told me that this meant that he didn't necessarily have to have counselors if he didn't want because people from this lineage are the ones who have the blessings of holding the priesthood and officiating within that role.  However, he did have 2 counselors as expected.  But he did make a point of saying that it was more for tradition and help... that because of his lineage he wasn't required to have counselors.  I thought this was interesting.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Your Tribe?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,