Mormon View On Sister Wives

Mormon View Sister Wives - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Jul, 2011 - 9:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Mormon Sister Wives
Reality Series TV On Polygamy
Post Date: 5th Oct, 2010 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The new series may actually prove to be beneficial, Knight, of Port Trevorton, believes. "If it makes people question the faith, they will find out the truth about what we really believe," she said. "Obviously, it invokes questions." But her life is her testimony. "I would hope our church is represented by the good works that we do and the people that we are," Knight said. Besides, most people know she has a husband, and he has no other wives. Ref. Source 1

Sponsored Links:
5th Oct, 2010 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Wives Sister View Mormon

To Discuss the TV Series "Sister Wives" itself without religious input see here: Source 3

To Discuss the subject of Polygamy / Plural Marriage itself we leave that for the Mature LDS section.

This Thread should be a review of the show "Sister Wives" only.

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2010 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View On Sister Wives Studies Doctrine Mormon

"Sister Wives" explained: A fundamentalist Mormon polygamy primer

And while the show set out to reveal the human side of such families - not one sexed-up by Hollywood (think HBO's "Big Love") or sullied by allegations of under-aged brides (think the trial of Warren Jeffs ) - it kept details about faith out of episodes. [..]Even though polygamy was disavowed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1890, the LDS Church is still trying to shake its association with the practice, known among Mormons as plural marriage. Joseph Smith, Jr., the church's founder and its first president, was the one who introduced the idea. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2011 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Wives Sister View Mormon

'Sister Wives' family to challenge Utah polygamy law in federal court

"We believe that this case represents the strongest factual and legal basis for a challenge to the criminalization of polygamy ever filed in the federal courts," Turley said in a statement. Ref. Source 2

13th Jul, 2011 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Wives Sister View Mormon

I find the show very disturbing. What is really teaching? You have a bunch of ladies marrying this guy who isn't able to support the whole family so some of them have to work. Plus one of them has a child with Aspergers in that kind of environment?

15th Jul, 2011 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

This show does nothing but put the family in jeopardy. Did they think about the children before doing something like this? It is one thing to have a lifestyle that the government does not want you to have and then there is another where you make it a national event!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jul, 2011 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View Sister Wives

As someone who feels very close to Polygamy and has been thinking about it a lot, what exactly is this family doing that is causing both of you to say these things? Are they bothering you? Are they forcing you to accept their lifestyle? I think they're doing great.

15th Jul, 2011 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View Sister Wives Mormon Doctrine Studies

Haven't seen the show but I don't think depicting successful plural marriages is a problem especially because in the LDS Church, we recognize that plural marriages have been acceptable to God from time to time and may be so in the future. However, the depiction of homosexual relationships as normal or natural is a signifcant problem and scourge on society.

I don't think we need to go after consenting adults who practice plural marriage just as I don't think we need to go after homosexuals who marry. However, there is no need for homosexual marriages to be recognized by the state. In the case of plural marriage, there may be such a need especially if they have or can potentially have children.

Benefiting mothers and fathers who have children or who potentially could have or raise children is a compelling interest of the state. Benefiting something less than the ideal such as homosexual relationships is not in the interest of the state nor does it speak to a person's rights.

Am I saying a plural marriage situation can be an ideal situation? Yes I am. Am I saying plural marriage is currently not a sin? No I am not. Am I saying that single parents are less than ideal? Yes, but the state should still benefit them because by not entering into a homosexual relationship, such a person is still providing the proper and ideal male/female example.

Should we benefit and recognize only those heterosexual relationships that produce or raise children? No, we should benefit all such married relationships as that helps society encourage sex in the proper direction assuming one of society's interests is reproduction. Alternative lifestyles and other debaucheries like homosexuality should not be encouraged by society.

Reconcile Edited: bcspace on 15th Jul, 2011 - 9:47pm

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Mormon View On Sister Wives

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,