Mormon View On Sister Wives - Page 3 of 4

The reaction within the LDS membership has - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Sep, 2014 - 4:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Mormon Sister Wives
Reality Series TV On Polygamy
19th Jul, 2011 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View On Sister Wives - Page 3

Yes. I have no problem with the decriminalization of plural marriage between consenting adults. It does not matter to me whether or not such marriages are recognized by the state, though perhaps they should be for the sake of any children that result.

This is a much different situation then the homosexual issue whci his merely a lifestyle choice and contrary to the gospel. While plural marriage is not authorized by God at this time, it still includes the vital element of the male-female role model and in and of itself does not violate and other eternal principle.

No, I am not looking forward to or advocating that the LDS Church bring back plural marriage. That would be for God to decide.

Sponsored Links:
19th Jul, 2011 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Wives Sister View Mormon

international QUOTE
While plural marriage is not authorized by God at this time, it still includes the vital element of the male-female role model and in and of itself does not violate and other eternal principle.

Brother bsspace, shouldn't the bolded part be enough for us as members of the Church to disassociate any thought with agreeing with this sort of lifestyle?

19th Jul, 2011 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View On Sister Wives Studies Doctrine Mormon

I don't see a bolded part yet so perhaps you'll come back and edit. I agree that plural marriage is not authorized by God, yet because it is an eternal principle, I don't consider decriminalization to be agreeing with it rather it is merely an operation that promotes agency on something that in and of itself, is not detrimental to society.

Homosexuality otoh, is deterimental...

19th Jul, 2011 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Wives Sister View Mormon

Sorry Brother bcspace, I meant to bold the part that isn't sanctioned by God therefore it should be enough for us not to want to support this sort of lifestyle. You may be right, it might not be as bad as homosexuality however it will also affect children in a negative way don't you think?

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2011 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Wives Sister View Mormon

Please keep this Topic on the actual content which is a review of the TV series: Sister Wives

Actual Discussion about Plural Marriage is had only in the Mature LDS section.

1st Jun, 2012 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View On Sister Wives

The case against those in 'Sister Wives' has been dropped by the Utah authorities. Will this seem as an indirect endorsement of polygamous relationships in Utah so long as no one claims to be a 'victim'? See the news: Source 3

Mormon View On Sister Wives
Mormon View On Sister Wives (Hover)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2014 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormon View Sister Wives - Page 3

Attorney general deciding whether to appeal 'Sister Wives' ruling

The 10th District court finalized a ruling in favor of the polygamous Brown family. Ref. Source 8

10th Sep, 2014 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View Sister Wives Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

The reaction within the LDS membership has not been good. It's interesting though because I see some members condemning polygamy MORE than they condemn let's say homosexuality. And let's not get started with the "Polygamy is evil" comments.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Mormon View On Sister Wives

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,