Quotes that keep us 'in check' - Page 6 of 10

"There is no discipline in all the world - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Apr, 2005 - 11:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
7th Feb, 2005 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Quotes that keep us 'in check' - Page 6

"It takes courage to be a man or woman of integrity when those around you forsake gospel principles for expediency or convenience."

(President Gordon B. Hinckley, Ensign, Sept. 2001)

Sponsored Links:
8th Feb, 2005 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

check in us that Quotes

"An emphasis on education may completely overshadow the importance of marriage. This excuse is usually related to money, or the lack of money. Postponing marriage to the time when all education is completed, debts paid, and money is sufficient to sustain a stylish living is not wise. So much of life together—struggling, adjusting, and learning to cope with life's challenges—will be lost. Delaying having children, when you can, may result in great unhappiness..

Several months ago, Sister Tingey and I, who now have 4 children and 21 grandchildren, had a "granddaughter sleepover".
We ate a wonderful meal prepared by Sister Tingey. Then the granddaughters did some crafts, once again prepared by Sister Tingey. Afterward we played their favorite games, and then they presented a little talent show for Grandma and Grandpa. In the course of the talent show, they sang several favorite Primary songs adapted to grandparents.

As they sang the latter song, I had five granddaughters on my lap, arms around my neck, patting my cheeks and giving me great big kisses.

This is what it's all about. This is the gospel. This completely overshadows all physical possessions and toys and things that cost money. This is family. This is the gospel."

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2005 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

Quotes that keep us 'in check'
A Friend

Quotes that keep us 'in check' Studies Doctrine Mormon

"The crowning work and glory of God is, therefore, as he has said, to bring to pass the eternal life of man.

Such is the worth of a soul. Surely it "is great in the sight of God" (D&C 18:10). They should be of like value in the sight of men. As God's work and glory is to bring to pass the eternal life of man, so the desire, hope, and work of every man should be to obtain eternal life for himself. And not for himself only but also for his fellowmen; and it will be when he fully appreciates who and what he is-his nature, origin, destiny, and potentiality.

In comparison to eternal life, all else sinks into insignificance."

Marion G. Romney, "The Worth of Souls," Ensign, Nov. 1978, 13

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2005 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 check in us that Quotes

I really appreciated reading this quote today, and it reminded me to keep trying my best to keep the commandments and to do everything that I can for my family, my husband and my children, in particular. EDIT (ADDED): (not saying that I am a righteous woman, but that my goal is to try to do the best I can to become one)

"To be a righteous woman is a glorious thing in any age. To be a righteous woman during the winding up scenes on this earth, before the second coming of our Savior, is an especially noble calling.

The righteous woman's strength and influence today can be tenfold what it might be in more tranquil times...

Other institutions in society may falter and even fail, but the righteous woman can help save the home which may be the last and only sanctuary some mortals know in the midst of storm and strife."

Spencer W. Kimball

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 10th Mar, 2005 - 2:06am

5th Apr, 2005 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

check in us that Quotes

"Be determined to pray with all the energy of your heart that you might have every gift a loving Heavenly Father knows you must have to serve His Son and to endure against the powers of darkness."
(Elder Henry B. Eyring, Ensign, Oct. 1999, 1)

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2005 - 5:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Joseph Smith declared: " For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father--"

What a wonderful thing it must have been to see and hear both the Father and Son.
For it is something that we should live for to return to our father with honor, that we may see him and be with him again.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Apr, 2005 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Quotes that us 'in check' - Page 6

"No man achieves the supernal exalting status of worthy fatherhood except as a gift from his wife."
(President Boyd K. Packer Ensign, May 1998, 73)

21st Apr, 2005 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Quotes that us 'in check' Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 6

"There is no discipline in all the world like the discipline of love. It has a magic all its own." (Gordon B. Hinckley, “The Environment of Our Homes,” Ensign, June 1985, 6)

". . . A soft answer turneth away wrath. . . ."
—Proverbs 15:

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Quotes that keep us 'in check'

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,