The Book of Mormon - Page 3 of 16

UKenigma, that is great! You are what we refer - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Nov, 2003 - 12:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (16) »

?
Poll: How many times have you read the whole Book of Mormon?
  Never       1.96%
  Once       21.57%
  Twice       19.61%
  Three to Five times       23.53%
  Six to Ten times       17.65%
  Eleven to Sixteen times       5.88%
  Seventeen to Twenty times       1.96%
  Over Twenty times       3.92%
  Over Thirty times       0.00%
  Over Forty times       1.96%
  So many times cannot remember       1.96%
Total Votes: 51
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
What do you know about this sacred Book of Scripture regarded as the foundation of the Mormon faith and what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is built on?
30th Oct, 2003 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon - Page 3

Not to be a spoke in the wheel, but although this thread is about how many times we have read the Book of Mormon, we must remember that it is the study of the scripture within the Book that is important more than how much times we have read it. We can read something over and over several times and get understanding, but slow, careful study might actually bring about greater understanding. All im ny opinion of course.

Sponsored Links:
30th Oct, 2003 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Book The

JB, you're so right but personally I think deep study or study comes after reading well any book or material...that's why people who have read several times the Book of Mormon may find more answers every time they read it. smile.gif

1st Nov, 2003 - 11:47am / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

Very true, JB.  I'm finding that I can't "just read" it.  There are so many passages that make me just stop -- almost take my breath away -- because, while maybe I knew that particular point of doctrine, I didn't know where it came from... and there it is!!  Or the beauty of the message is so profound it almost makes me cry.  I have been marking my scriptures, too, for future reference of these important points.  The whole book is so much more meaningful to me suddenly.

Sooooo....  all of this to say that I'm a little behind on my schedule.  I'm averaging about 12 pages a day.  But not giving up on the reading!  I just read one passage that says, for those who seek or strive for learning, more understanding will be given... perhaps that is why it seems to make more sense to me at this stage of my life?

How are you doing, LDS_Forever?  Anyone else joining in?

Roz

1st Nov, 2003 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Mormon Book The

Very true Farseer, in fact most of the so called, 'Deep Doctrines' are in the Book of Mormon, they are written so simply that we tend to pass over them, but they are there.

1st Nov, 2003 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Book The

[quote] How are you doing, LDS_Forever?  Anyone else joining in? [/quote]

Not very good sad.gif but it wasn't my fault! wink.gif I was very sick (very low blood pressure that caused me lots of dizziness and the cold!) but today I feel so much better, I will start today, is that okay? smile.gif. I also started reading the Institute Manual about Church History. smile.gif Thanks for the encouragment. wink.gif

3rd Nov, 2003 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon

Oh, no!  I'm sorry you're not feeling well!  Now listen, you don't have to answer to me about your progress...  I was just seeing how you were doing with the reading.  )Like the "FLY-lady" says... you're never behind, you're just starting!)

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2003 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon
A Friend

The Book Mormon - Page 3

Three years ago today I was given a book of mormon by the missionaries. I read it from cover to cover in four days, I then read it again in the five days following. Twice in nine days seems strange to most people but I felt I needed to read it. It was giving me somthing in my life that was missing. It was a very spiritual experience for me. Obviously I was baptized a month later. Reading the B of M from cover to cover helps you to see things that you can easily overlook when reading only certain verses. I try to read all the way through every three months if I can. I would recomend this approach to every one.

3rd Nov, 2003 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

The Book Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

UKenigma, that is great! You are what we refer to in the mission field as 'golden'. You should share your testimony in the 'Testimony Meeting' thread, especially about how the Book of Mormon has impacted your life..

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: The Book of Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,