The Book of Mormon - Page 7 of 16

Today in Church I was looking over my Book - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Dec, 2003 - 3:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (16) »

?
Poll: How many times have you read the whole Book of Mormon?
  Never       1.96%
  Once       21.57%
  Twice       19.61%
  Three to Five times       23.53%
  Six to Ten times       17.65%
  Eleven to Sixteen times       5.88%
  Seventeen to Twenty times       1.96%
  Over Twenty times       3.92%
  Over Thirty times       0.00%
  Over Forty times       1.96%
  So many times cannot remember       1.96%
Total Votes: 51
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
What do you know about this sacred Book of Scripture regarded as the foundation of the Mormon faith and what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is built on?
5th Dec, 2003 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon - Page 7

John Hajicek is a dealer in rare books and antiquities, mainly related to Mormon history. Take a look at his website:
https://www.hajicek.com/

There are reproductions of the 1830, first edition, of the Book of Mormon available in various places, including Deseret Book. I have a reproduction of the original Book of Commandments. The text of both are also available in GospeLink, including original spelling (I think). But seeing the original typesetting, formatting, etc is also very nice. And, if you don't have GospeLink, then this is an excellent way to read the original text.

So, since there are other sources to verify what he has posted, and I am sure that he is a man of integrity, I wouldn't worry at all about the authenticity. At various times, I have found other very interesting works on his website.

I should point out that I don't believe he is associated with the LDS church. I think he is a member of the Community of Christ (RLDS), but he could be part of one of the other Restoration offshoots around Missouri.

NightHawk

Sponsored Links:
5th Dec, 2003 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Book The

FarSeer and LDS, how are you guys coming along with your reading of the Book of Mormon?

5th Dec, 2003 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

FarSeer and LDS, how are you guys coming along with your reading of the Book of Mormon?

*whistling* Did anybody say something? *whistling* Oooops.

7th Dec, 2003 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Mormon Book The

I am on page 529 smile.gif I have been interrupted so many times in the past two weeks, and so distracted, and so busy!! I've only been able to read a little at a time, and then I have to read it all over again when I start up again...

So. To answer your question, I'll be done tonight! Hurray!

So much is familiar, and is/are truths I've known in my heart for what seems like forever.

I'm going to start all over again and read more slowly these pages of wisdom, truth, and light...

Roz

7th Dec, 2003 - 4:45am / Post ID: #

Mormon Book The

Congratulations Farseer, it is a great accomplishment to finish reading the whole Book of Mormon no matter if it is your first or tenth time. I have been very negligent in my own study, I have to repent and start reading more often.

Nighthawk

I have a reproduction of the original Book of Commandments.

That must look interesting. I think there were some changes from that to the Doctrine & Covenants?
Offtopic but,
Nighthawk, you may want to look at the Honor Club, your pic is missing there wink.gif

7th Dec, 2003 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon

John Hajicek is a dealer in rare books and antiquities, mainly related to Mormon history.  Take a look at his website:
https://www.hajicek.com/
Whoa! It's actual images - every single page!! I thought it was just the text. Very cool.

since there are other sources to verify what he has posted, and I am sure that he is a man of integrity, I wouldn't worry at all about the authenticity.

It is a wonderful thing he is doing. Of course, on my old, slow computer it would take days to download every page. smile.gif Thanks for the link, Nighthawk.

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Dec, 2003 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

The Book Mormon - Page 7

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 6-Dec 03, 11:45 PM)
Nighthawk
I have a reproduction of the original Book of Commandments.

That must look interesting. I think there were some changes from that to the Doctrine & Covenants?

Deseret Book, Seagull Books, and other LDS oriented bookstores usually carry both reproductions, for a relatively small price. I think I bought the Book of Commandments at a yard sale or something like that while living in Utah.

The little bit that I have compared, there are quite a few differences between the Book of Commandments and the Doctrine and Covenants, and not just the sections that are included. There are actually changes in the wording of some sections.

NightHawk

7th Dec, 2003 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

The Book Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

Today in Church I was looking over my Book of Mormon and some notes I have within some of the blank pages. Really so many questions can be answered by this great book of scripture. I will be starting a series of thought provoking threads today that can be answered through the Book of Mormon, look for them.

Offtopic but,
Nighthawk, you should start a seperate thread about the Book of Commandments so we can give it deeper thought and analysis.

> TOPIC: The Book of Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,