The Book of Mormon - Page 13 of 16

If I'm not mistaken the title of this - Page 13 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Mar, 2005 - 3:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 

?
Poll: How many times have you read the whole Book of Mormon?
  Never       1.96%
  Once       21.57%
  Twice       19.61%
  Three to Five times       23.53%
  Six to Ten times       17.65%
  Eleven to Sixteen times       5.88%
  Seventeen to Twenty times       1.96%
  Over Twenty times       3.92%
  Over Thirty times       0.00%
  Over Forty times       1.96%
  So many times cannot remember       1.96%
Total Votes: 51
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
What do you know about this sacred Book of Scripture regarded as the foundation of the Mormon faith and what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is built on?
23rd May, 2004 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon - Page 13

Big Mac, thanks for sharing your wonderful and touching testimony, you are one of the living proof of the power of the Book of Mormon. Thanks again for sharing it. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2004 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon
A Friend

Mormon Book The

hi how long will it take to read the whole book of mormon in any given time

22nd Jul, 2004 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

I know of people who read the entire book every 30 days. I know of other people who have read it over a weekend. It is entirely up to you how long it takes.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2004 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon
A Friend

Page 13 Mormon Book The

On the average, I think it takes about 10 years to read it. We can think of many reasons to put it off. I knew one guy who read non stop and read the entire book in less than 24 hours, no sleep. I read it from cover to cover once in a week. But our goal shouldn't be how fast we can read it, but how much we can get out of it.

22nd Jul, 2004 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Book The

A Sister Missionary once told me that she got up very early in the morning on their P-Day and read the Book of Mormon for the whole day and completed it. If you maintain reading one page about every 70 seconds then it is possible. That is the fastest I have known. However, as has been previously said... it is not how fast you do it, but what you get from it.

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2005 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon
A Friend

The Book of Mormon

I haven't read as much as I could, but I think I have been doing better. I haven't really read through it once from cover to cover. Although I jump back and forth between different parts. I love reading the Book of Mormon and I feel that it isn't necassarily in what order you read, but how much you read and if you feel the Holy Ghost to know it is true. The biggest thing that I think the Book of Mormon emphasizes is on Jesus Christ. Lately I have felt that reading it is done mainly for building a testimony of Jesus Christ, I mean it is "another testiment of Jesus Christ." Lately I have been learning Chinese (Mandarin) and have recieved a Book of Mormon (or Momenjing) in Chinese and have looked at it and (I haven't learned characters yet) I wanted so much to read it and I say to myself that I have an opportunity to read it and gain what it has to offer. I have used that to read more often the Book of Mormon (its easy to take it for granted) and get myself to work hard at anything that I choose or must do.

(D&C 4:2) Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Message Edited!
Please read through the FAQs and rules, and learn how to use the tags properly. You must always CLOSE any tags that you use.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 8th Jan, 2005 - 3:21am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2005 - 7:22am / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon
A Friend

The Book Mormon - Page 13

Wow, what a great thread! The first thing I thought was, "Who's read the BOM more than 40 times?!" laugh.gif That is quite an accomplishment to me. We had a night last year where we had all of the young men and young women stay up all night at the chapel, and at a bishopric member's house for a few hours in the middle of the night. We had people volunteer to come in and read, the youth took turns, and so did leaders and parents. Every hour we had snack breaks and took 5 minutes to do a really short activity to re-energize everyone. People signed up to come and cook and clean up the meals. We even had a slurpee run in the middle of the night (I did that and you should have seen the look on the cashier's face when I got 50 large slurpees!). It was an amazing experience and it really strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon.

After reading all of the posts, I feel so inspired to plan reading the BOM cover to cover for me and for our family. Thanks everyone! smile.gif

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2005 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

The Book of Mormon
A Friend

The Book Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 13

If I'm not mistaken the title of this thread is what do you know of this sacred book. One day about five years ago I fell away from the church because of what someone did. A month later a friend invited me to go singing in the choir for one time only while singing "O' my Father" I started crying (actually it was bawling) and I realized that my testamony was on what those who brought me back into this church and I didn't have one of my own. So I was determined to gain a testimony of my own. I spent the past five years studying the BOM and the Bible and all things related to the church. After five years of deep study I know so much about the church and everything in it (I.e. scriptures, doctrine and principles) that I can say with a firmness from the eternities, that I will never be shaken again. And no matter what any Anti-Mormon tells me, shows me, I will never leave this church.

My Testimony is thus:
I know with a firmness that can only come from God, that this is the only True and Living church, That Joseph Smith was called of God to prepare the way for the return of the Gospel.

I know that the Book of Mormon is a book of some of my anciestors history, and that it does contain all the doctrine needed to return to our Heavenly Father. I am a firm believer in continuing revelation.

I Know that Gordon B. Hinckly is the Modern Living Prophet, and that he continues to have revelations for the church and guides it today.
I say these thing in the sacred name of JESUS CHRIST, Amen.

This testimony comes from someone who used to be an Anti-Christ.

+  « First of 16 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 

> TOPIC: The Book of Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,