What do Celestial Beings look like? - Page 2 of 3

I think we will have perfect bodies, meaning - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Nov, 2003 - 3:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
30th Oct, 2003 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

What do Celestial Beings look like? - Page 2

Yes, I think is like a white of 'glory' rather than a white paper kind of thing....just like Joseph Smith describe Jesus Christ and the Father.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2003 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

What do Celestial Beings look like?
A Friend

like Beings Celestial What

I believe that since our personalities affect how we look physically that we will look similar as we do on earth.  I also believe that we will keep those physical attributes that identify us to ourselves as we were before and on earth and in the kingdoms of our heavenly father.
granny7

1st Nov, 2003 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

What do Celestial Beings look like? Studies Doctrine Mormon

[quote]I also believe that we will keep those physical attributes that identify us to ourselves as we were before and on earth and in the kingdoms of our heavenly father[/quote]
To what end? You mean just in the Spirit World or are you talking about forever? If forever, then you are saying that our current imperfections will remain with us despite having an immortal body in a perfect Kingdom?

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2003 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 like Beings Celestial What

I mean forever.  We have an image of ourselves that is perfect to us.  I believe that this is a determining factor in how we will be when we have our perfect body and spirit re-united after all is said and done.  We must be comfortable with our appearace and with the appearances of others we knew and loved both before life on this earth and during it.  The glory of God whiteness may shine around us and that glory may get brighter as we grow to be more like God.  

granny7

2nd Nov, 2003 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

like Beings Celestial What

I am not sure if I understand your concept. If you have referrences to back up what you are saying that will be great for review.  Remember, before we came to earth we already had a 'look', this way we used to look is natural to us, the mortal isn't.

[quote]We must be comfortable with our appearace and with the appearances of others we knew and loved both before life on this earth and during it[/quote]
The time for us to learn that is now, not later. Think about it. Will the handicapped, deformed and so on have to be in a constant state of hardship just to keep an appearance of who they were in mortality? I think not. There must be an end, it cannot be forever.

I believe we keep similar appearances to what we are now and then at some point we are changed to a more perfect state.

2nd Nov, 2003 - 9:58am / Post ID: #

[quote]We have an image of ourselves that is perfect to us[/quote]

You might have something here if you mean that the perfect image of ourselves is perfect.  In other words, if a deaf person's perfect image of themselves includes the ability to hear.  If a person who cannot walk has a perfect image of themselves that includes the ability to walk.  In those cases, I would agree.  However, if our perfect image of ourselves is one that we came to via living in our politically correct world, then I would disagree.

For example, many within the deaf community oppose cochlea implants because it could mean the end of their society.  They believe in a deaf culture much like native americans believe in a native american culture.  Given this, a deaf person might feel that they should remain deaf in their celetial body.  I don't think this is going to be the case.  I think it is simply something we do, or a view we have here on earth that helps us cope with who we are imperfections and all.

Now, if our perfect body simply encompasses our views on what we look like, in the sense of what we think our perfect height or weight is, then that quite possibly could be true.  

I wonder what our perfect age will be.  :)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Nov, 2003 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

What Celestial Beings like - Page 2

[quote]In those cases, I would agree.  However, if our perfect image of ourselves is one that we came to via living in our politically correct world, then I would disagree. [/quote]
Exactly, what do we know of perfection, but I will wait to see what Granny7's comment is, maybe we are misunderstanding it?
[offtopic][quote] I wonder what our perfect age will be.[/quote]Tenaheff, that would be 42 wink.gif[/offtopic]

2nd Nov, 2003 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

What Celestial Beings like Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

I think we will have perfect bodies, meaning those people who are physically or mentally challenged will have perfect bodies in the whole sense of the word...they deaf will hear, the lame will walk and so on....

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: What do Celestial Beings look like?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,