Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... - Page 3 of 79

[quote] can you wait that long?[/quote] Sure, - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th May, 2003 - 6:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (79) »
Mormon doctrine on polygamy Mormon Doctrine on Plural Marriage - This Thread goes deep into all the angles of Mormon Polygamy, the requirement of Celestial Marriage which once encompassed Plural Marriage and the current standing of it with the modern Church. Also deeply analyzed is Joseph Smith's secret practise of it that latter lead to his death. Controversial Mormon Issue.
Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... Related Information to Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...
28th May, 2003 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... - Page 3

Just some official information from the Church's web site with no explanations given.

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are polygamists.

Some early leaders and members of the Church entered into plural marriages during the latter half of the nineteenth century. After receiving a revelation, Church President Wilford Woodruff declared the practice should be discontinued in 1890. That position has been reaffirmed by every president of the Church since. Members of the Church who enter into plural marriage today face Church disciplinary action, including excommunication.

"Mormon fundamentalists" are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who still practice polygamy.

The term "Mormon" -- although it has no official standing -- is widely used in the media to refer to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Use of the term "Mormon fundamentalists" to refer to polygamists is therefore misleading and invites misunderstanding and misinterpretation. No members of the Church today can enter into polygamy without being excommunicated. Since those who practice polygamy cannot be members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it is incorrect to refer to them as "Mormon fundamentalists."

I am still looking, but I am only coming across anti-mormon sites which are all too excited to share their view on the subject. If anyone knows of a ligit source for study please let me know.

Sponsored Links:
28th May, 2003 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

I'm still looking for this answer but so far I didn't find anything on why Joseph Smith was sealed to already MARRIED women and why some of the husbands of these women didn't know about it? (some of them were on their missions)

Post Date: 28th May, 2003 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...
A Friend

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... Studies Doctrine Mormon

Mary Lightner explained it that Joseph Smith offered her husband the opportunity to be baptized.  Although Mr. Lightner and Joseph Smith were goods friends and Mr. Lightner followed the church everywere, he never wanted to join it.  She had to be sealed to somebody.  I think when we understand that we can understand it more.  We traditionaly think of sealing as equal to marriage and it is not always that way.  A divorced couple can still be sealed to each other though not married any longer.  

28th May, 2003 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

Okay, so we are rationalizing that in those days the marriage legalized under law was not considered of any standing by Joseph and thus he did not need the consent or permission to marry Lightner?

The other question... and this one I am only going on second hand info as I have not had time to verify is...

Did Joseph only do this with women who had non-member husbands married under the law of the land? I recalled getting some info that he had married the wives of other members of the Church including in one case an already Sealed member?

[offtopic]Brian, update your profile already, I am getting tired of writing to a frog. :smile.gif[/offtopic]

Post Date: 28th May, 2003 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

Yes Joseph Smith was sealed to the wives of lds members.  Zina Huntingon.  I don't know exactly all the reasons why, I have found that sooner or later the Lord teaches me why though.

In the meantime I don't know how to update my profile and I do have a good Kermit voice

28th May, 2003 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

[quote]  I don't know exactly all the reasons why, I have found that sooner or later the Lord teaches me why though.[/quote]
I do not want to go on the Nephi path with this... (I know not), so I hope to search for answers.

[quote]I don't know how to update my profile[/quote]
Do you see that link at the top of every page (where the rest of the links are) that says 'PROFILE'? Click that link and fill in the fields. wink.gif Wait, I see you got it, but you still may want to change the text under your pic.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th May, 2003 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Plural Marriage That Day Women Shall... - Page 3

I will look into it more when I am finished writing a book about lds prophecies.  That will take about another two weeks, can you wait that long?  

30th May, 2003 - 6:24am / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage That Day Women Shall... Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

[quote] can you wait that long?[/quote]
Sure, that is not time significant to wait for research, however, I will be doing some of my own til then.

[offtopic][quote]...book about lds prophecies[/quote]
Is that going to be in ebook format? By the way, we are looking for the following people: LDS Democrats, Other LDS that want to contribute positive research to what we post here, so if you know any please invite them to the forum. No Antis please, however, there is another board for Religion and Cultural Beliefs that they can post in if they are non-LDS.[/offtopic]

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (79) »

> TOPIC: Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,