Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... - Page 7 of 79

Roz great scripture! but in D & C 132 - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Jul, 2003 - 12:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 79 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (79) »
Mormon doctrine on polygamy Mormon Doctrine on Plural Marriage - This Thread goes deep into all the angles of Mormon Polygamy, the requirement of Celestial Marriage which once encompassed Plural Marriage and the current standing of it with the modern Church. Also deeply analyzed is Joseph Smith's secret practise of it that latter lead to his death. Controversial Mormon Issue.
Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... Related Information to Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...
20th Jun, 2003 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... - Page 7

[quote]ok so the idea of sharing a husband with 6 other women does not bother me, in a eternity perspective. One earth, I don't think it is possible, because of jeolousy[/quote]
LOL - so you are saying that you would be jealous now, but probably not in the eternities? :spock:

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2003 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...
A Friend

Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

if it is true that a priesthood  holder with higher authority can marry your wife then i have to come to the conclusion that  everyone on earth has different gifts and talents,their were also greater spirits in premotal life i doubt they all came from one heavenly mother but that their were a host of heavenly wives to create a balance host of spirits in wisdom ,gifts and talent.so too on earth  the balance must continue.

23rd Jun, 2003 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... Studies Doctrine Mormon

I believe there is also more than one Heavenly Mother, especially if all that we do here is first established in the Heavens before then the practise of Plural Marriage has to of been done there too.

As for Brethren of a higher authority marrying a woman that has already been sealed, I cannot yet understand the doctrinal basis for that and will need to do some more research.

23rd Jun, 2003 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

[quote]if it is true that a priesthood  holder with higher authority can marry your wife then i have to come to the conclusion that  everyone on earth has different gifts and talents,their were also greater spirits in premotal life i doubt they all came from one heavenly mother but that their were a host of heavenly wives to create a balance host of spirits in wisdom ,gifts and talent.so too on earth  the balance must continue. [/quote]

Yes, I do believe that too, although I still researching the answer for a Priesthood holder with higher authority marrying your wife because ALL male who have the Priesthood have the same one, the Prophet has the same priesthood than any other man on Earth. So I need to research more on that.

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2003 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

we have different understanding on earth then we will in the next life, that will effect the way that we feel about it

23rd Jun, 2003 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

from the way that scripture sounds it sounds like we will have a 6 pack with one to spare.   but seriously from the way the whole thing sounds it sounds like  there will be a reason for this and well from it its like there is a geen in the man that the women will need .  referr to the balding of the women. (if I remember corectly).   and well the way infections and diseases are going maybe that s the way things will happen. a co-dependance on each other geen pool.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Jun, 2003 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage That Day Women Shall... - Page 7

Just a little snippet here from D&C 132:41...

"...if a man receiveth a wife in the new and everlasting covenant (temple sealed), and if she be with another man and *I have not appointed unto her by the holy anointing* she hath committed adultery..."

Sounds to me as if it's okay if she's with another man, provided she's received an appointment to do so by a holy anointing.  Now, who gives the appointment and holy anointing?  Doesn't say.  But certainly a point to ponder.

Roz

1st Jul, 2003 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage That Day Women Shall... Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

Roz great scripture! but in D & C 132 there is no part where the Lord specifically talk to women about having more than one husband, but yes in the men's case of having more than one wife.

> TOPIC: Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,