Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... - Page 74 of 79

QUOTE (robvmtr) (And there was no law against - Page 74 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Apr, 2014 - 1:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 79 pgs.  70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78  ...Latest (79) »
Mormon doctrine on polygamy Mormon Doctrine on Plural Marriage - This Thread goes deep into all the angles of Mormon Polygamy, the requirement of Celestial Marriage which once encompassed Plural Marriage and the current standing of it with the modern Church. Also deeply analyzed is Joseph Smith's secret practise of it that latter lead to his death. Controversial Mormon Issue.
Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... Related Information to Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...
11th Apr, 2014 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... - Page 74

Robert:

international QUOTE
Don't they understand that God lives in a polygamous relationship and so do all in the highest glory?

Isn't this pure speculation?

international QUOTE
It blew me away that a women's survey resulted in a vast majority stating that given a choice, they would prefer to be cheated on by their husbands rather then live polygamy.

Do you have any links or source on this survey?

international QUOTE
From my discussions, the topic always moves to: Am I not enough in bed! And I can understand that question as the church avoids teaching all the dynamics involved in polygamy.

That's because most sisters only focus on the "sex" issue rather than the whole picture.

international QUOTE
Joseph Smith stated that if any man teaches anything different, they will be damned, were does that leave us today.. .. .. . I can point out a lot of difference, starting with the temple etc.

Oh, this is something I always discuss. I really don't know. He also said that whoever makes any changes to the Temple Ordinances will mean the Church is becoming apostate. So I hate to say this but I still trying to understand why what the Prophets of old had to say is no longer important. We "pick" what is convenient and throw away what is not.

Sponsored Links:
13th Apr, 2014 - 11:25am / Post ID: #

Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

Yes, these "changes" are bothersome. One can say that the actual covenants have not changed but you are starting to cutting a really fine line here. Not to mention initiatory work etc. I believe it is all because of reactions from apostate members trying to embarrass the church.

Regarding the survey, I need to ask a friend of mine who told me this.

13th Apr, 2014 - 11:26am / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... Studies Doctrine Mormon

I'm a bit concerned with the logistics of the whole operation if plural marriage is in fact the order of heaven. We know from science and statistics that the birth/conception rate is only slightly off of a 1:1 ratio. Assuming that the average wife to husband ratio will be 3:1 (It could be much higher), there is a problem. Where are all the women going to come from?! It seems to me that God is in the same position as the Fundamentalist church has found themselves in. The Fundamentalists solved this problem by banning males from their community upon committing very minor offenses. Is this what God is going to resort to? Are his male children going to be held to much more rigorous standards than his female children? Perhaps women are naturally so much more righteous than men that the whole thing will work itself out.

Any thoughts?

international QUOTE
It's so odd how some people react to this topic. I once asked my sister-in-law if she would live it if it ever became a requirement. She said "no way, I would NEVER share my husband" So I asked, what if you had to share him in order to have him for eternity? She said, "I would rather have him to myself now, and not have him at all then. "

I don't think it's odd at all. I have a lot of respect for your sister-in-law.

13th Apr, 2014 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 74 Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

TheMark, I assume you are not keen about this Plural Marriage idea. I don't know what God has in store but he will surely make everything work out. I don't think the Church will ever practice plural marriage again, half of the membership will be gone!

13th Apr, 2014 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

Well, I don't really have a problem with plural marriage in general. Cross-culturally, strict monogamy is not the norm. It is much more common to find a society that allows plural marriage than to find one that absolutely does not. In a lot of ways, it makes sense. That is, on a temporal level. I believe it was unjust of the the American Congress to forcibly ban the Saints from their polygynous practice.

My problem is specific to the religious character of Mormon plural marriage. I think it is a righteous for some women to desire complete fidelity, and it is an unrighteous imposition to tell them that they are wrong for having that desire or that they must not hold on to it. Some women can handle it, some can't. I don't believe a person's character or desires are going to automatically change after they die.

13th Apr, 2014 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...

Isn't it interesting that it is religions that ask for it and religions that cannot stand it. Makes you wonder if laws concerning marriage are mostly based on religion or politics.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Apr, 2014 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage That Day Women Shall... - Page 74

I'm not sure on the is or isn't part If I had to guess I would say if it is in anywhere in the scriptures in which the Lord God says to the church as a whole "Thou Shalt do this" in old new or D&C Esp in D&C then it become doctrine.
but Look at the church history ! first and foremost we believe in obeying the law and second notice that that those who did practice were worthy temple rec. Holders (And there was no law against it) And had to be interviewed before entering into this ,not every member of the church was worthy to do this even if they could support the extra family life. And besides that remember we are world wide and not all countries outlaw Plural Marriage.
D&c says where there is no law there is no punishment :)

13th Apr, 2014 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage That Day Women Shall... Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 74

international QUOTE (robvmtr)

(And there was no law against it)

That's one of the many myths within this topic. Of course there were laws and there were against Bigamy.

> TOPIC: Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,