Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... - Page 75 of 79

Name: Plural Comments: So the church is in - Page 75 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Apr, 2014 - 1:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 79 pgs.  71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 
Mormon doctrine on polygamy Mormon Doctrine on Plural Marriage - This Thread goes deep into all the angles of Mormon Polygamy, the requirement of Celestial Marriage which once encompassed Plural Marriage and the current standing of it with the modern Church. Also deeply analyzed is Joseph Smith's secret practise of it that latter lead to his death. Controversial Mormon Issue.
Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... Related Information to Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...
13th Apr, 2014 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... - Page 75

In my opinion the reason plural marriage was established was because number one it produces more righteous offspring, and two in my opinion there are easily going to be more women that are righteous than men. In order for the women to become goddesses they must have a husband so Heavenly Father provided for that. Once again that's only my opinion.

Sponsored Links:
13th Apr, 2014 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

Plural marriage was a commandment from G-d.. . Full stop. We can rationalize or invent some theories but the truth is that the lord commanded and the saints obeyed until well.. . We know the story they were asked to choose and they chose to stop the practice the lord didn't stop it.

13th Apr, 2014 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... Studies Doctrine Mormon

I believe that there is a definite agenda to move us as a church from over here (Typical funny peculiar mormon believes) to over there (Fit in nicely with the rest of the christian churches). So all of these early doctrines that made us peculiar, are not to be discussed anymore. Some members were exed because they talked about heavenly mother. Adam-God as taught in conferences as well as in the endowment sessions have all been dropped like hot potatoes. So, James Talmage stated it is not a required principle of the gospel, Pres Hinckley stated it is not doctrine and not required anymore. Pres Holland states: I do not know nor understand why the saints were asked to live this. To me this is very problematic. Either the early brethren were teaching false doctrines, like Adam-God, plural marriage is an essential celestial requirement, 2nd anointings, etc etc or ....... Personally I would prefer to hear, well, the brethren were wrong. Or it was doctrine for their period of time. I just don't like this: Probably miss quoted by his secretary stuff. I have no problem with the brethren stating: We cannot live plural marriage anymore because we are not allowed, but to state it is not doctrinal, or I do not know why we even did this is problematic. Pres B.Young plainly taught in the temple that Adam came to THIS earth with a celestial body and brought ONE OF HIS WIVES, Eve with him. Seems like an eternal principle to me. People have been exed just by talking about it. That is even more scary. George Q.Cannon in a conference talk stated that there were people in this congregation that were direct disendants from the original 12 and even of the Lrd Jesus Christ. The profit then stood up and confirmed the truth and correctness of this. WOW. What they just said was that Jesus was married and had kids. Nothing new here really except that we don't want to talk about that either. Lastly Cornelius Celsus wrote a letter complaining about the many wives Jesus had. Oh my! And who said it was not an eternal principal. We have had a number of manifestos. But we only read the 1890. Most of the apostles refused to accept it initially as revelation. It was never signed by the prophets counselors. Several apostles were exed because they rejected it. Pres Joseph F.Smith took another plural wife aster the manifesto and in front of the Smoot hearings under oath admitted to actively live plural marriage. He was the prophet! It is sad that we cannot talk about our proud heritage without having to be afraid of sitting in front of our bishops.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2014 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...
A Friend

Page 75 Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

international QUOTE
It is sad that we cannot talk about our proud heritage without having to be afraid of sitting in front of our bishops.

Robert, peace be unto you. I know your struggles and they are justified. The leaders of the Church will stand corrected for their misleading of the Saints. Read this quote from D&C 112:

international QUOTE
23 Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face.
24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.
25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;
26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.
27 Therefore, see to it that ye trouble not yourselves concerning the affairs of my church in this place, saith the Lord.
28 But purify your hearts before me; and then go ye into all the world, and preach my gospel unto every creature who has not received it;
29 And he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, and he that believeth not, and is not baptized, shall be damned.

From this we learn that the Church will go astray; and "Gross darkness will cover the earth and the minds of the people(Including the Saints)" "Upon my house shall it begin" the destruction's spoken have not yet occurred so it is safe to say that this is a prophecy; and being as such, has not yet been completely fulfilled.

The prophets before were not misled. If we were to even consider that, then we should also say that the prophet today is not a prophet. How could one gain authority and power from another who never possessed it.

Plural Marriage is a law of God; and will be practiced in Zion. Michael is God and He will stand as such when His time comes. Read Daniel 7 if you do not believe me. I am not afraid to declare such truths for I know that to deny them would only bring condemnation upon my head. Just this past Sunday I told my bishop how I felt. I discussed with him Plural Marriage, Blood Atonement, and Adam God doctrine.

I know that the Church is true, but I also know that most of the Saints are not. Let us prepare our hearts to receive Zion, and become the true followers of Christ.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2014 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

Name: Philip

Comments:

international QUOTE (JaGa)

Robert, peace be unto you. I know your struggles and they are justified. The leaders of the Church will stand corrected for their misleading of the Saints.
What do you mean by that? The current Prophet is misleading the true church?

13th Apr, 2014 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
Just this past Sunday I told my bishop how I felt. I discussed with him Plural Marriage, Blood Atonement, and Adam God doctrine.

[I'm interested in] what your bishop said about your views [on plural marriage]?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2014 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Plural Marriage That Day Women Shall... - Page 75

international QUOTE
What do you mean by that? The current Prophet is misleading the true church?

Philip, all one has to do is look how the Church has progressed away from a Zion society, and towards a Babylonian one. Our views that separated us from the other Christian sects: Plural marriage, blood atonement, Adam-God doctrine, and many more have been dismissed as being the views of misguided individuals(OUR PROPHETS).

Now, I'm not saying that all our leaders are misleading us. With the Spirit we can tell who is and who isn't. The scriptures say that if God did not cut short the time of man, than all would be lost. That is not everyone but members of the Church; NO, "ALL WOULD BE LOST".

international QUOTE
JS-Matt:"And except those days should be shortened, there should none of their flesh be saved; but for the elect's sake, according to the covenant, those days shall be shortened.

If you live your religion, then you know that we are in the last times, and things are not right within the Church. What do you think Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and John Taylor would do to those who deny the revelations that they received from God. I know what I would do; and I know what must be done.

international QUOTE
What did your bishop said about your views?

I really like my bishop. I just moved into the ward so this was actually this first time we really had the chance to discuss anything.

He agreed with what I said about the great apostasy that is to come. I showed him 2Nephi 28:11-14 and D&C 112:23-26; and he agreed that I was interpreting them correctly.

As far as plural marriage was concerned, he stated:"That he knew it to be a commandment of God"

With Blood atonement I showed him D&C 134:26 and he said:"He wasn't to sure, but that the principle made sense; and my argument was justified threw scripture" He also did not deny that it was ever practiced like others have done.

With the Adam-God doctrine I showed him Daniel 7:9-14 "Wherein the scripture states that the Ancient of Days shall give a kingdom unto the Son of Man. " We all know that the Father is the one who gives the Son the kingdom, and in Daniel it states the Ancient of Days as being such. There is great similarities between Daniel 7:9-14 and Revelation 5. I also showed him the hymn 'Sons of Michael'. Needless to say, he did not argue my claims.

I know that these things are hard to believe, but if we view things with the Spirit, and put our trust in God, God is faithful; and He will show us the truth of all things. Let us all lengthen our strides, and pray in faith nothing wavering.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2014 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage That Day Women Shall... Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 75

Name: Plural

Comments: So the church is in apostasy just because they're not allowing everyone to practice plural marriage? I don't get that. Plural marriage isn't necessary for salvation, but having charity is!

+  « First of 79 pgs.  71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 

> TOPIC: Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,